1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 00:51
    Is anyone else finding social media increasingly boring? I’ve never used twitter or instagram and I find I’m using Facebook less and less in the last year or so.

I look at the content some of my younger relatives post and I’m honestly astounded, and sometimes even appalled. It’s obviously a generational thing but nevertheless...WTF!

What’s your thoughts on social media ?
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 01:01
    @divegeester

i have met the most interesting people
    almost as many as "in real life"
    my online presence IS real life, just as if i walked into the grocery store and bought dog food

it's just a different place is all
    same as the other place
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 01:13
    I have an Instagram account, I just use it to keep a record of pics of my allotment progress, colourful vegetarian and vegan recipes and some old drawings and paintings. I use facebook now and then to share stuff about the charities I support and occasional holiday snaps. I have no more than 40 FB friends and Instagram followers; all very low key and boring really.
  4. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 02:00
    I wouldn’t have missed it for the world...
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 02:34
    @drewnogal said
    I have an Instagram account, I just use it to keep a record of pics of my allotment progress, colourful vegetarian and vegan recipes and some old drawings and paintings. I use facebook now and then to share stuff about the charities I support and occasional holiday snaps. I have no more than 40 FB friends and Instagram followers; all very low key and boring really.
    Are you suggesting that I’m boring? 🤔
  6. Joined
    23 Jan '20
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 03:52
    Social media men lack the stones to walk up to a milf and let her know what is what.

Women like confidence.
    Not facebook pansies.

Women who use social media are single moms with kids and multiple ex’s and they hope some dude will accept that and message them.

It is a vicious cycle.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 06:531 edit
    @rookie54 said
    @divegeester

i have met the most interesting people
    almost as many as "in real life"
    my online presence IS real life, just as if i walked into the grocery store and bought dog food

it's just a different place is all
    same as the other place
    “Friend” is such a coverall term I think. I have lots of online acquaintances but very few “friends” and those I do have are very close in heart and mind even if not in physical presence.

My Facebook “friends” come in three group as: work colleagues from down the years, family and many good people I’ve met from RHP. I was looking through and found one school friend who is not really a “friend” but I like to stay in contact.

These forums is a sort of social media aren’t they?

LinkedIn, now there’s a different cluster of flakiness!
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 07:00
    @great-big-stees said
    Are you suggesting that I’m boring? 🤔
    When did you last ‘like’ a photograph of a sweet potato fritter or a vegetable patch at sunset?
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 07:17
    I use Facebook to stay in touch with my family and some of my friends - family because they rarely or never use email, and phonecalls can be inconvenient. The good thing about fb-messenger is that we can actually see that the message has been read.
    I have three groups of personal friends: some of them, like myself, who keep the laptop/iphone on all day, those who rarely use it and some who never had a computer.
    What I share on fb, I share with all my fb-friends - I don't have them sorted in different groups, they are only 36. Without facebook, communication would be much more complicated.
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 07:43
    @divegeester said
    Is anyone else finding social media increasingly boring? I’ve never used twitter or instagram and I find I’m using Facebook less and less in the last year or so.

I look at the content some of my younger relatives post and I’m honestly astounded, and sometimes even appalled. It’s obviously a generational thing but nevertheless...WTF!

What’s your thoughts on social media ?
    Hey, your thread has nine posts without a single thumb down or up? Now that is unusual.
  11. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 09:04
    @old-indian said
    Social media men lack the stones to walk up to a milf and let her know what is what.

Women like confidence.
    Not facebook pansies.

Women who use social media are single moms with kids and multiple ex’s and they hope some dude will accept that and message them.

It is a vicious cycle.
    Sadly, some women can't sense false confidence and bluster. They consume it slower than a python chokes down a pink-tailed rat, like yourself.

Intelligent, well-nourished women opt for strength, restraint and sincerity. Luckily, I'm married to one of them.

Until you luck-up; enjoy your travels down "Lonely Street".

YouTube
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 11:03
    @torunn said
    I use Facebook to stay in touch with my family and some of my friends - family because they rarely or never use email, and phonecalls can be inconvenient. The good thing about fb-messenger is that we can actually see that the message has been read.
    I have three groups of personal friends: some of them, like myself, who keep the laptop/iphone on all day, those who rarely use ...[text shortened]... different groups, they are only 36. Without facebook, communication would be much more complicated.
    All but two of my 'friends' on Facebook are family members. (Not all in the UK). I rarely post anything, just good to see everyone is ok and getting on with their lives. (Like Dive, I am shocked by some of the conversations the younger family members have on there, and tend to stay out of those). The 2 main reasons I log in daily to Facebook:

1. Play the quiz game they host with my mum. Other family members played it too at first, but gradually lost interest. - Been playing with my mum every day for over a year. She tends to chose categories like beauty and fashion or films, while I go for art or technology. Great fun.
    2. One of my cousins is a talented artist who gets commissioned to paint a lot of celebrities. (Mostly in the world of sport). He often puts pictures of his latest paintings up on Facebook and I like to follow those. (Will happily give his name by PM if anyone wants to google him - Though by 'anyone' I obviously mean someone I trust).
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 16:51
    I wouldn't trust Facebook as far as I could THROW facebook.

RHP is my social media
  14. Joined
    23 Jan '20
    Moves
    06 Feb '20 18:16
    @WOLFE63

😡 settle down grandpa
  15. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    07 Feb '20 10:44
    @old-indian said
    @WOLFE63

😡 settle down grandpa
    Says the poster who changes accounts more frequently than his underwear.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree