1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 19:00
    @caissad4 said
    Last year I approved a friend request from a local International Master who emigrated from Central America and my number of Facebook friends subsequently went from 40 to almost 500 currently . I am now connected to chess clubs in South and North America , India , Eastern Europe and Africa . Western Europe is barely 1 or 2 for each country . No RHP people have expressed inter ...[text shortened]... PM me .
    Of course anyone who friends me should know I am very , very political and vocal about it .
    Maybe you should stream your chess games, like Alexandra Botez on Chess.com and Twitch.tv.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 19:06
    @shallow-blue said
    I hardly could - I've never found it anything else to begin with. Give me usenet any day of the week.

Then again, it might just be that I have nothing to say that the likes of Goop, Tumbler and Fourchan want to read anyway.
    4chan is a wasteland. Granted, a very large wasteland, but still a wasteland.

It's everything Reddit wants to be.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 21:351 edit
    The problem is people don't talk anymore they have their phone and are texting or doing something on it media related. I take my phone with me in case I need it. I enjoy talking with people and meeting new people. I believe I've mentioned this before but I've seen a young couple sitting on each side of a table and they were texting each other instead of talking to each other.....I thought it was so sad....I guess that is the way things are now though. 🙁

-VR
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '20 13:23
    @suzianne said
    4chan is a wasteland. Granted, a very large wasteland, but still a wasteland.

It's everything Reddit wants to be.
    Way to miss the point, suzi - tumblr is at least as much of a wasteland as 4chan is. Don't be blinded to the emptiness of the one and focus on the emptiness of the other, just because of the prevalence of genders there.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '20 13:37
    @caissad4 said
    Last year I approved a friend request from a local International Master who emigrated from Central America and my number of Facebook friends subsequently went from 40 to almost 500 currently . I am now connected to chess clubs in South and North America , India , Eastern Europe and Africa . Western Europe is barely 1 or 2 for each country . No RHP people have expressed inter ...[text shortened]... PM me .
    Of course anyone who friends me should know I am very , very political and vocal about it .
    Thank you for the offer and I would of accepted it, but I won’t as I don’t tolerate politics (apart from the occasional Trump mockery) to infiltrate my Facebook page and subsequently “real life”. Silly arguments with demented opponents at RHP is fine of course!

Peace and happiness in your “real lives” to all the good people here at RHP 🙂
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '20 13:39

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '20 14:51
    @divegeester said
    Is anyone else finding social media increasingly boring? I’ve never used twitter or instagram and I find I’m using Facebook less and less in the last year or so.

I look at the content some of my younger relatives post and I’m honestly astounded, and sometimes even appalled. It’s obviously a generational thing but nevertheless...WTF!

What’s your thoughts on social media ?
    facebook is important to my wife and me it allows free face to face contact with my daughter ,grandkids , brother and sister in law. it also allows contact with my son and family down south. I know its more than that.
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    23 Feb '20 15:12
    @badradger said
    facebook is important to my wife and me it allows free face to face contact with my daughter ,grandkids , brother and sister in law. it also allows contact with my son and family down south. I know its more than that.
    I have 1 brother and 1 of my sons as friends on facebook .
    The most interesting thing that I am in is the Mt Everest Chess Club . For real , they are up there near Mt Everest .
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Feb '20 17:32
    @shallow-blue said
    Way to miss the point, suzi - tumblr is at least as much of a wasteland as 4chan is. Don't be blinded to the emptiness of the one and focus on the emptiness of the other, just because of the prevalence of genders there.
    Yes, tumblr is at least as bad as 4chan.

No argument there.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Feb '20 18:131 edit
    @suzianne said
    Just keep doing you, Rusty.

Gotta tell everyone how they should act.

No one cares what you think, Rusty.
    I pretty much do as I please within the rules of course. 😉

What you should have said is "YOU" don't care what I think, not "NO ONE CARES"!

Do you understand the difference? 😉

-VR
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '20 02:45
    @very-rusty said

Do you understand the difference? 😉

-VR
    Yeah, I do.

No one cares.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Feb '20 20:41
    @suzianne said
    Yeah, I do.

No one cares.
    Ok Miss know-it-all....LOL...Have it your way! 😛 😉

-VR
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Feb '20 18:091 edit
    @suzianne said
    Yes, tumblr is at least as bad as 4chan.

No argument there.
    I don't even want to go that far - I'd leave out the "at least". Women aren't worse than men, but neither are they better. Unfortunately, current media trends do tend to claim that men are toxic and women are all victims. In my arrogant opinion, this is unfair on both men and women - not to mention those in between.

Let's just agree that men and women are both idiots, and tumblr and 4chan are both equally worse (much worse!) than men and women in the real world.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Feb '20 18:10
    @very-rusty said

Do you understand the difference?
    Yup. The difference is exactly one: your fragile ego.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Feb '20 18:131 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    Yup. The difference is exactly one: your fragile ego.
    You Sir, are starting to sound as silly as "Silly Goad" use to sound!

Fragile ego....LOL....You got to be nuts!

Try rubbing that brown off of the tip of your nose, Sir! 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree