Moves
    02 Jan '18 09:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 14:48
    Originally posted by @unfriendlygiant
    No actually you would be wrong. The data coming out is all very positive. What will kill you is your diet of refined carbs and sugar.
    don't you worry about constipation with diet like that?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 00:04
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    don't you worry about constipation with diet like that?
    I haven't heard of anyone on a keto diet complaining about that. Where did you get that from or are you just trolling?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 00:111 edit
    I haven't heard of anyone on a keto diet complaining about that. Where did you get that from or are you just trolling?
    It sounds like an interesting dietary regime with well-documented benefits. But it has its critics among nutrition experts too.

Critics say the keto-type diets usually work only in the short term and can be unhealthy.

For starters, most of the lost weight is water weight, according to Lisa Cimperman, R.D.N., a clinical dietitian at University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio, and a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.

“Once your body enters ketosis, you also begin to lose muscle, become extremely fatigued, and eventually enter starvation mode. Then it actually becomes even harder to lose weight,” Cimperman told Healthline.

Mawer said he doesn’t believe the keto diet causes muscle loss. He did caution it’s not optimal for someone trying to gain muscle.

Other experts interviewed by Healthline had stronger words of caution.

“Keto diets should only be used under clinical supervision and only for brief periods,” Francine Blinten, R.D., a certified clinical nutritionist and public health consultant in Old Greenwich, Connecticut, told Healthline. “They have worked successfully on some cancer patients in conjunction with chemotherapy to shrink tumors and to reduce seizures among people suffering from epilepsy.”

In the general population, Blinten said a keto diet should only be considered in extreme cases.

“It can do more harm than good. It can damage the heart, which is also a muscle,” she explained.

Anyone with type 2 diabetes can benefit from weight loss and a reduced-carb diet because it will improve insulin sensitivity, Cimperman explained.

“But there are many other ways to do it besides a fad diet that won’t keep weight off long-term,” she said.

Blinten, who has used a keto diet for some cancer patients in specific circumstances, cautioned, “people will do anything to get the weight off.” However, a keto diet will do more harm than good for the majority of patients, especially if they have any underlying kidney or liver issues.

“People are using this for cosmetic reasons, but it’s so extreme that it’s dangerous,” she said.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/keto-diet-is-gaining-popularity-but-is-it-safe-121914#3
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 00:15
    Originally posted by @fmf
    It sounds like an interesting dietary regime with well-documented benefits. But it has its critics among nutrition experts too.

[quote]Critics say the keto-type diets usually work only in the short term and can be unhealthy.

For starters, most of the lost weight is water weight, according to Lisa Cimperman, R.D.N., a clinical dietitian at University Hospi ...[text shortened]...
    https://www.healthline.com/health-news/keto-diet-is-gaining-popularity-but-is-it-safe-121914#3
    As if I would be interested in some demonstrated idiot copying and pasting an article with the mindless preface: "critics say". Right.

Just keep poisening yourself with sugar and refined carbs because "critics say" that's the right thing to do.

You might as well hold up a sign admiting to being an idiot. Just as you're too stupid to learn how to play chess, you're too stupid to be able to figure out how to do impartial research.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 00:33
    ...you're too stupid to be able to figure out how to do impartial research.
    The article I linked to is an impartial overview of both the pros and the cons of keto-type diets.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 00:34
    The article I linked to is an impartial overview of both the pros and the cons of keto-type diets.
    You don't even know what the word "impartial" means.

Critics say you're too stupid for chess.

Go beg for attention somewhere else, little runt. I have no interest in talking to you.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 00:49
    You don't even know what the word "impartial" means.
    Being impartial involves evaluating both the pros and cons of an issue, as the article I linked to does. You should take a look at it if your interest in the ketogenic diet is genuine and if your plan to embark on the diet is real.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 00:51
    Being impartial involves evaluating both the pros and cons of an issue, as the article I linked to does. You should take a look at it if your interest in the ketogenic diet is genuine and if your plan to embark on the diet is real.
    Again, you don't know what the word impartial means. You can copy and paste all you want, but you still don't understand it. That's why you think that anything that prefaces with "critics say" is meaningful. You're too dumb to be able to even think about what source the information is coming from and whether or not that source is legitimate.

Again, I'm not interested in talking to you. You're an idiot and a troll
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 00:55
    Again, you don't know what the word impartial means. You can copy and paste all you want, but you still don't understand it. That's why you think that anything that prefaces with "critics say" is meaningful.
    An impartial article about any given topic must, necessarily examine what 'proponents say' and what 'critics say'. The article I linked to does both, as well it should.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 01:05
    An impartial article about any given topic must, necessarily examine what 'proponents say' and what 'critics say'. The article I linked to does both, as well it should.
    You don't seem to be able to read and comprehend English.

What part of "I have no interest in talking to you" were you not able to understand?

You still don't know what the word "impartial" means. Stop begging for my attention and get someone to hold your hand and try to explain it to you.
  12. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 01:09
    high fat is not very healthy
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 01:09
    You still don't know what the word "impartial" means.
    Good luck with your plan to follow a ketogenic diet. However, you should proceed with caution if you have any underlying kidney or liver issues.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 01:24
    Good luck with your plan to follow a ketogenic diet. However, you should proceed with caution if you have any underlying kidney or liver issues.
    Again, I guess I shouldn't expect a moron with a below 1100 rating to be able to figure out how to read and comprehend English. My bad there.

Again, you're too stupid to have a conversation with about anything and I have no interest in talking to you.

You're right though, your diet of refined carbs and refined sugar is very healthy. Stay on it and live long and prosper!

Now please go beg for attention somewhere else.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '18 01:28
    You're right though, your diet of refined carbs and refined sugar is very healthy. Stay on it and live long and prosper!
    No, my diet isn't one of refined carbs and refined sugar, far from it. Your ketogenic diet sounds like an interesting regime and it has demonstrated benefits. However, it does have its critics among nutrition experts. So, be sure to take an impartial look at it. I hope it works out well for you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree