Moves
    17 Apr '04 04:32
    Is she with chess software😀?
  2. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    17 Apr '04 05:29
    Originally posted by sergen1976
    I suspected some players are not honest!
    After I've got last chess magazine from US chess federation I've read the article about chess cheating. The players use chess software to play chess in Internet. There are few methods how to determine those players.
    I checked my opponents. And it is unbelievable! Some of them use chess software to play with me! ...[text shortened]... If somebody makes the same move like a computer more than half of moves he should get the lose.
    Learn to play positional chess. Do not get involved lines that require a tactician. If you get beaten cope it sweet, because you were not beaten by a computer program.

Of course the player could have been using a computer database but that IS LEGAL.

-trekkie
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    17 Apr '04 13:02
    By the way. Why Edmon Dantes lost the last games? His rating is around 1500 now. He has more than 2000 rating before.
    I am sure he stoped to use the chess engines after he took first place in player table. Don't lie me that he is a master. I am sure if I will play with him in fast game (on Yahoo for example) I will bit him.
    Somebody said about little sister... I don't sure there is a lot of little sisters here.
    Why do you throw mud on Dantes?He left the site because he was angry with someone and resigned all his games,and tha fact he's an Italian master is true.Please don't speak if you don't know how things gone...............
    I'm sure if you play a game with him he'll slaughter you:however I think you're just a little envious and to justify the fact that there are so good players you say they are cheaters.
    Go and play him live on Gameknot (here there's a more severe cheaters policy):his name's Cyrano,2269 rating and nocheating,only great chess skills. not regards,Ravello
  4. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    17 Apr '04 16:07
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Why do you throw mud on Dantes?He left the site because he was angry with someone and resigned all his games,and tha fact he's an Italian master is true.Please don't speak if you don't know how things gone...............
    I'm sure if you play a game with him he'll slaughter you:however I think you're just a little envious and to justify the fact that t ...[text shortened]... icy):his name's Cyrano,2269 rating and nocheating,only great chess skills. not regards,Ravello
    a little birdie once told me on this site that edmond dantes was actually angry and left due to someone cheating whilst playing him and he knew a few players that were deffinate cheaters and that why he left to find chess with no cheaters elsewhere....and i was also told that he was a true chess master....and i did not even know who he was and it was just a question asnwered by my question of where did he go?
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    17 Apr '04 17:32
    Originally posted by purclecow
    a little birdie once told me on this site that edmond dantes was actually angry and left due to someone cheating whilst playing him and he knew a few players that were deffinate cheaters and that why he left to find chess with no cheaters elsewhere....and i was also told that he was a true chess master....and i did not even know who he was and it was just a question asnwered by my question of where did he go?
    He left because he was timeouted twice and a lot of talking was made about him,so he left and went to another site.He was unbeaten.
  6. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    17 Apr '04 17:48
    By the way. Why Edmon Dantes lost the last games? His rating is around 1500 now. He has more than 2000 rating before.
    I am sure he stoped to use the chess engines after he took first place in player table. Don't lie me that he is a master. I am sure if I will play with him in fast game (on Yahoo for example) I will bit him.
    Somebody said about little sister... I don't sure there is a lot of little sisters here.
    I do not like being called a liar. Before you make even more accusations besides that I am a liar and Dantes is a cheater, you should know where you are talking about. If you did a bit of research you should have noticed that Dantes resigned all his games. He did this because he decided to leave the site. Ravello explained why. I think you should not judge so easy. You are sure that he stopped using chess engines???? Don't make me laugh. I think it is really bad that you accuse a friend of mine, or anyone, but you are sure if it. That is something I really cannot stand. And please don't come up with the next accusation, that I only defend him because he is my friend.
    I rest my case,
    Sander
  7. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    17 Apr '04 18:26
    Originally posted by tejo
    I do not like being called a liar. Before you make even more accusations besides that I am a liar and Dantes is a cheater, you should know where you are talking about. If you did a bit of research you should have noticed that Dantes resigned all his games. He did this because he decided to leave the site. Ravello explained why. I think you should not judge so e ...[text shortened]... th the next accusation, that I only defend him because he is my friend.
    I rest my case,
    Sander
    Since when could any chess engine (or dedicated computer) win all it's correspondance games? A chess engine certainly could be a tactical genius but no computer program can even formulate a basic plan.

Feivel the Freethinker
  8. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    17 Apr '04 18:51
    Originally posted by Feivel
    Since when could any chess engine (or dedicated computer) win all it's correspondance games? A chess engine certainly could be a tactical genius but no computer program can even formulate a basic plan.

Feivel the Freethinker
    i think i must be a chess engine then..as i cannot even form a basic plan too... :-)
  9. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    17 Apr '04 21:23
    I suspected some players are not honest!
    After I've got last chess magazine from US chess federation I've read the article about chess cheating. The players use chess software to play chess in Internet. There are few methods how to determine those players.
    I checked my opponents. And it is unbelievable! Some of them use chess software to play with me! ...[text shortened]... If somebody makes the same move like a computer more than half of moves he should get the lose.
    Are you saying this because you can't believe he slaughtered you in 12 and 8 moves?Game 357425Game 317795
    hhhhhhmmmmm?
  10. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    17 Apr '04 21:41
    Are you saying this because you can't believe he slaughtered you in 12 and 8 moves?Game 357425Game 317795
    hhhhhhmmmmm?
    good point....he/she/it sounds in denial. 🙂
  11. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    18 Apr '04 00:21
    good point....he/she/it sounds in denial. 🙂
    Is your name not what you meant?
    Or was 'purplecow' your intent
    If so, a note to Russ
    Would change your name without a fuss

But keep a sharp look out
    For me and my clan
    'Cos I'm Desperate Dan
    The Cow Pie man!

😵
  12. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    18 Apr '04 01:121 edit
    Originally posted by colleman
    Is your name not what you meant?
    Or was 'purplecow' your intent
    If so, a note to Russ
    Would change your name without a fuss

But keep a sharp look out
    For me and my clan
    'Cos I'm Desperate Dan
    The Cow Pie man!

😵
    my name is with intent,
    so yes that is what i meant.
    so no need to call on russ,
    as there need be no fuss.

As for you and you clan,
    come beat me if you can,
    should the challenges come,
    you better start to run.

i prefer chicken pie,
    cows should not die.
    desperate dan,
    wasn't he that stripey jumper man?

Whats with all this rhyme,
    it takes up so much time,
    just to write what to say,
    it seems to take all day.

13. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    18 Apr '04 15:19
    Originally posted by tejo
    I do not like being called a liar. Before you make even more accusations besides that I am a liar and Dantes is a cheater, you should know where you are talking about. If you did a bit of research you should have noticed that Dantes resigned all his games. He did this because he decided to leave the site. Ravello explained why. I think you should not judge so e ...[text shortened]... th the next accusation, that I only defend him because he is my friend.
    I rest my case,
    Sander
    Very well put and very true Sander...

I'm unfortunate enough not to have had the chance to play the great Dantes....

I would have loved to get slaughtered by him (not in 8 or 12 moves though 😏😏

As for the the mudfight - Sergen - you really must not say those things unless you are 100% sure they are true (and can prove them). As all other posts in this forum told you, Dantes is a very very strong player who would certainly have less then 40 losses against you. If you ask me, he would probably slaughter you in all 100 (personal opinion) games

Regards

Boris

Regards

The honest Pawn
  14. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 10:52
    thats why i think that russ should bring in a setting where you have 2 minutes to make a move...a so called "live game setting"...that would be cool
    You just want a way to run up your move totals. 😀

BTW, two of those p1200 players I took on kicked my ass. 😞
  15. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 11:20
    hhhhhhmmmmm?
    It certainly doesn't take a chess engine to win against moves like that, now does it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree