1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    24 Apr '04 08:521 edit
    Originally posted by rapalla7
    I will have to side with sergen1976 on the point that people are not who they say they are, and there cannot be credible proof unless a person see it for themselves.
    when you enter www.uchess.com and create your user name, you will see that the suggestion is made NOT to use your real name.

there is certainly no necessity for players to prove who they are.

2. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '04 08:59
    The whole suggestion is totally ridiulous! The vast majoirty of people here are not GMs or IMs, I don't know what Sergen wants but RHP is clearly not for him.
  3. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    24 Apr '04 10:18
    Originally posted by Exy
    The whole suggestion is totally ridiulous! The vast majoirty of people here are not GMs or IMs, I don't know what Sergen wants but RHP is clearly not for him.
    I think he wants the chessic equivalent of the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld. "You can't prove you're not using a computer? No chess for you!"

By the way, am I the only one here wondering just who "we" is in his clan, "We Hate the Cheaters"? Since it's just him, maybe he has multiple personalities or something.
  4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    24 Apr '04 10:31
    Currently posted by flexmore
    I know what Sergen wants, RHP is clearly for him.

i know what sergen wants : sergen wants to play chess 🙂

i have played sergen many times and every time a good game 😏

he has made a suggestion that most people think silly.
    everyone says silly stuff at times, then they get to hear the opinions of others about their thoughts.
    - this is fine by me - lets say our stuff about his suggestion and then have another game 😀

i don't want you to leave sergen 😉
  5. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '04 10:575 edits
    I don't want Sergen to leave either, I too have had a couple of good games with him and he's a reasonable player. I also agree in theory with his point and I would hope that people don't feel the need to cheat to win.

However, what I don't agree with is the way he has made his point, randomly pointing the accusatory finger at Edmond Dantes who is widely recognised as the best player to visit this site, especially when he is no longer around to defend himself.

You cannot make such accuations at a specific person without a single scrap of evidence. The only game that Sergen has come forward with is one that Purcelcow played. If he's got evidence that Dantes used software to beat him why doesn't he refer to those games in which he believes this to be the case.

Also we have been told not to post such accusations here but to inform the site administrators of any suspected foul play. Posting publically only leads to bad feeling and flame wars that are in no way beneficial to the site.
  6. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    24 Apr '04 12:40
    Hi all!

As Rik once said "This has gone on far too seriously long enough by half".

I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to suspect any suspect behaviour on the part of ED.

While I understand the thrust of the "100 games, no losses" discussion, it is meaningless here and can't be used to demonstrate anything.

Using my best Graham Chapman voice, I am going to close this thread because it is getting far too silly.

Best Regards,
    Chris

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree