Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member Moldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    23 Apr '05 04:45
    My email move notification does not seem to be working . Is it my end or yours ?

    Thanks guys - MC
  2. 23 Apr '05 14:44
    Ditto, Email notification isn't working for me either.
  3. 23 Apr '05 17:44
    Me either. My last move notification came 21 hours ago, and when I looked this morning, I had 14 games waiting...
  4. 24 Apr '05 01:00
    I have not been able to play 2 of my opponents since the 22nd and when I try to open earlier moves it doesn't even open to the right board or the right game.
    What is happening?

    Help, I'm very close to winning one of the games....my first
    dunrae
  5. 24 Apr '05 01:03
    the posting i just left says that i am 'ryal' but that is one of my opponents. i am 'dunrae']

    signed dunrae
  6. 24 Apr '05 02:03
    No email notification here either, erm...last onecame MAYBE 4 days ago, but yea. Its not working.
  7. Subscriber jsully
    friend of bill w
    24 Apr '05 04:20
    mine too. no e-mail notice
  8. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    24 Apr '05 08:19
    Originally posted by ryal
    the posting i just left says that i am 'ryal' but that is one of my opponents. i am 'dunrae']

    signed dunrae
    Now how would that happen?

    D
  9. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    24 Apr '05 10:10
    Yes, how indeed.

    I think we all know the answer - please resign all games in one of your accounts please. I can see you are one and the same person.

  10. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    24 Apr '05 10:15
    Anyway, back to the email problems.

    I can see we have had a huge email delivery problem yesterday - only 4% of people verified their email addresses. So, I need to investigate WTF happened.

    But I can receive move notifications (and other standard emails) today.

    Has it cleared up for everyone else?

    -Russ
  11. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    24 Apr '05 10:19
    Originally posted by Russ
    Anyway, back to the email problems.

    I can see we have had a huge email delivery problem yesterday - only 4% of people verified their email addresses. So, I need to investigate WTF happened.

    But I can receive move notifications (and other standard emails) today.

    Has it cleared up for everyone else?

    -Russ
    I have gotten a move notification today.

    First one since April 22nd.

    D
  12. 24 Apr '05 11:58
    Back to the Ryal / Dunrae problem for a second.

    Dunrae is registered and challenged friend 'Ryal' to a game.

    We are not one in the same.

    But I do have another game going with another Red Hot Pawn player
    that I am more interested in finishing. Either way I still have not received e-mail notification from either since the 22nd.

    D
  13. 24 Apr '05 14:10
    E-mail notifications are apparently working again, at least for me. They started up again after I started a new game. Don't know if that's relevant.

    C.I.
  14. Standard member Moldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    24 Apr '05 14:23
    Seems to be back ok for me . Thanks Russ !
  15. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    24 Apr '05 17:46 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by ryal
    Back to the Ryal / Dunrae problem for a second.

    Dunrae is registered and challenged friend 'Ryal' to a game.

    We are not one in the same.

    But I do have another game going with another Red Hot Pawn player
    that I am more interested in ...[text shortened]... not received e-mail notification from either since the 22nd.

    D
    Is this ryal speaking? Or Dunrae?

    If its ryal, then somethings wrong because you only have 1 game in progress at the moment. Against Dunrae. You also seem to have trouble keeping up with who you are as you sign off your ryal account with "D", as in "D" for Dunrae.

    If its Dunrae speaking, then you need to log out of your Ryal account, and log into your Dunrae account, and repost the message.

    BTW: Russ is the site owner, and as such can see what IP address that you are logging in from, and so can see that you are a multi account abuser. It appears he is being lenient by just telling u to resign all the games on 1 account. I'd heed his advice.

    D no R. Hang on...

    D