Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 05 Jun '07 16:03
    My rating is not provisional and I just lost 7 points after winning this game.
    Game 3487198
    I'm really surprised! Any explanation?
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    05 Jun '07 16:08 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Antalk
    My rating is not provisional and I just lost 7 points after winning this game.
    Game 3487198
    I'm really surprised! Any explanation?
    Do not look at the graph for your rating change after a game. The graph shows your previous game played, NOT THE ONE YOU JUST FINISHED.

    Click and you will see it is not the game you just finished, it is the one you finished before finishing the last game.

    Why? Who knows, but it's true.

    You gained 19 points for the game you showed.

    P-
  3. 05 Jun '07 16:11
    I know how to read the graph, it looks my rating went from 1569 to 1562.
  4. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    05 Jun '07 16:15 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Antalk
    I know how to read the graph, it looks my rating went from 1569 to 1562.
    This is strange, use send feedback. (bottom of every page)
  5. 05 Jun '07 16:59
    Originally posted by Antalk
    I know how to read the graph, it looks my rating went from 1569 to 1562.
    Your rating drop from 1569 to 1562 is a result of game 3615594 v Marros. You went from 1550 to 1569 as a result of game 3487198
  6. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    05 Jun '07 17:48
    Originally posted by Bull McCabe
    Your rating drop from 1569 to 1562 is a result of game 3615594 v Marros. You went from 1550 to 1569 as a result of game 3487198
    Nope, you're reading the graph wrong there, Bull.

    D
  7. 06 Jun '07 07:09
    Originally posted by Bull McCabe
    Your rating drop from 1569 to 1562 is a result of game 3615594 v Marros. You went from 1550 to 1569 as a result of game 3487198
    Against Marros I lost 12 points I went from 1562 to 1550, but that's OK, I lost that game.
  8. Standard member rcihof
    Come on, chemicals!
    06 Jun '07 20:12
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    This is strange, use send feedback. (bottom of every page)
    A similar thing happened to me.

    I played game 3577561 (having a rating of 1471), and won the game. My rating went up to 1480.

    Then, I played game 3577710 (still having a rating of 1480) and the following things happened:

    I made what would be my last move and clicked "refresh this board" a few times. Once my opponent had moved his pawn to the last rank (but before it had been promoted - I'm guessing he had made the move but not yet chosen which piece to promote it to) it said "This game has finished. Game drawn." and my rating dropped (from 1480) to 1452.

    Refreshed the same board again (the same game, 3577710) and opponent's pawn had become a Queen; the message changed to "This game has finished. White wins." My rating dropped *again* to 1425.

    No other games had been completed during this time.

    So the same game returned two results, first "drawn" and then "white wins". But if you check my graph, after the previous game (3577561), which I won and initially got a rating increase for, the rating now goes down at that point (hence posting in the "rating goes down when you win?" thread).

    (Sent feedback on this two Sundays ago but haven't heard anything yet.)
  9. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    06 Jun '07 20:46
    Originally posted by rcihof
    I played game 3577561 (having a rating of 1471), and won the game. My rating went up to 1480.
    As I see your graph, your rating went down after you won 3577561 for some reason, and your graph looks ok after your 3577710 loss.

    Send feedback again. The admin are usually good in responding to this kind of query, so maybe your first inquiry may have gotten lost.

    D
  10. Standard member rcihof
    Come on, chemicals!
    11 Jun '07 18:12
    Thanks Ragnorak. I've sent a few follow-up messages to the admins over the past couple weeks but haven't heard anything yet.
  11. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    11 Jun '07 22:21
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Do not look at the graph for your rating change after a game. The graph shows your previous game played, NOT THE ONE YOU JUST FINISHED.
    i have seen this posted a few times but when i look at my graph the last on the graph is always the last game i played and have never seen it be anything else 😕

    is it not just that it can take a little time to refresh for some users??