1. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    22 Dec '02 13:101 edit
    These are the wishes from Paulisfree:

Found them in the hidden posts and have just removed number 9 which was just an innocent bit of tongue in cheek fun which unfortunately 'offended' someone (not me).

1. Timeout Period to be displayed on games - this is especially NB when games start, as I might wanna delete it if I do not like the TO.

2. Delete game button on the game screen, while its possible to delete. (Thus if TO is bad then you delete from there, without going through the hassle ofhaving to go back to 'your games'.

3. New challenges to be under a different heading on 'your games' with Timeout period displayed, so you can easily identfiy new games and bad timeouts.

4. Delete and Archive buttons should be 1 click actions, not two clicks like currently.

5. Auto archive option on profile settings.

6. search through all public / personal games for games starting with certain moves eg. e4, c5

7. RHP Live to count towards RHP blitz(or real time) 2nd rating.

8. ability to play against a computer, live and correspondence unrated.

10. a profile setting which indicates if you use chess books / databases during play!!!??? then we can create open invites for only people who are NOT using their damn database!

Paulisfree
  2. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    22 Dec '02 19:31
    Originally posted by Russ
    [bump]
    I hate it when people do that.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Dec '02 20:471 edit
    Originally posted by Chrismo
    I hate it when people do that.
    Oh be quiet. You don't even have an animated avatar. 😛

-Russ
  4. Steelers Country
    Moves
    22 Dec '02 20:48
    Originally posted by Russ
    Oh be quiet. You don't even have an animated avatar. 😛

-Russ
    I have one 😀
  5. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    22 Dec '02 22:34
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    4. A skip game feature that works... 😉
    Fixed. Finally. I hope. Sorry about that.
  6. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    23 Dec '02 16:12
    I would love that function also because I am playing a lot with some players and somethimes I have to stop for a while, but it is not my move. While the other player is waiting to make his or her move, it would be nice to let know that I will not respond anytime soon!

I think this function may would have to be blocked in some cases, for example when a player is sending hurry up messages when the time is not up yet! I think that would have to be an individual descission by the "receiving" player!

Sincerely,

Harri / Luck
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Dec '02 00:30
    Didn't there used to be a way of playing Rival? Way back. The "user" was called Rival Online or something. Or have I been dreaming again?! I'd like this too, but perhaps the games would have to count as unrated.
    This is true. It got pulled when the server started to struggle when many people played Rival Online at the same time. It was very cool though.

-Russ
  8. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    01 Jan '03 02:001 edit
    1. Show number of views for each thread (PLEASE!)

2. Automatic claiming of timeouts in tournament games

3. A stats page. For anoraks like me. Displaying, say, total number of moves made that week, % of games starting 1.e4, number of new subscribers that month, "of the month" tables, eg. most moves, highest climber.

4. Cut the number of concurrent games that non-pawnstars can have to 5. 10 is quite a lot. I read that there were plans to cut it to 8 or even 6. I would say 5 definitely.

5. After a non-pawnstar has completed 25 games the account is no longer valid (okay, they can just start a new account but they lose their record, and the fact they may be known under that name so hassle of starting with the new name, plus it will act as a sort of deadline so stops those who are going to subscribe but just never quite get round to doing so).

6. Some kind of forum viewing restrictions for non-pawnstars, eg they can only read 50% of the threads (I really think this will help to create more subscribers, not that the threads are that great half the time, but by not seeing them it will really heighten intrigue and curiosity and arouse a very definite wish to see them so they are not missing out as it were, thus creating a new subscriber).

7. Yet more advertising for the tournaments and the forums. The links http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/listall.php and
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/
    for the tournaments and the forums should be displayed prominently besides the board in a game. Nobody likes being nagged directly and focefully to subscribe, far better is to slightly aggressively show them what they are missing out on if they don't subscribe. (Plus the link to the forum from the game page would be useful anyway, as Rhymester has previously suggested.

8. A Happy New Year message on the Homepage 😉

Mark

9. Standard memberStrayJay
    I'm like a nerd
    Amsterdam, NL
    Moves
    01 Jan '03 02:343 edits
    A way to enter (copy/paste) a FEN into an edit-box, after which we can see what positions people are discussing in the forums.

Alternatively, in case this already exists: a FAQ entry that describes how to do this.

In case that already exists: I apologize. 😳

Or better still: if (in a message in a discussion on a forum) a FEN is entered in a special way, for example, like this:

FEN: Bq1B1K2/3PpN2/P3Pp2/P1p2P2/2Pk1b1R/1p6/pN1P1P2/QR6 w - - 0 1

then it'd be wicked cool if it changed into a hyperlink that (when clicked) would cause a window to popup, showing the position as described by the FEN.
  10. Phoenix
    Moves
    01 Jan '03 05:27
    Why is it that when I go to Your Games and then select Details the board view always has White on bottom, even if I am playing Black in the game? I could always paste the FEN into another program but I would think that should be handled automatically here.
  11. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    01 Jan '03 12:48
    Originally posted by T1000
    1. Show number of views for each thread (PLEASE!)

2. Automatic claiming of timeouts in tournament games

3. A stats page. For anoraks like me. Displaying, say, total number of moves made that week, % of games starting 1.e4, number of new subscribers that month, "of the month" tables, eg. most moves, highest climber.

4. Cut the number of concurrent ...[text shortened]... hymester has previously suggested.

8. A Happy New Year message on the Homepage 😉

Mark

I agree with most of Mark's points but I am totally opposed to limiting the number of gaems a non-pawnstar can play before the account becomes invalid.

RHP is suppose to be an open communitee where everyone is welcome, to have fun playing chess & interact in the forums. Limiting the number of games a non-pawnstar can play before the account becomes invalid, I feel takes this site one step closer to becoming commercial. That is probably a very contreversial view. 🙂

Having said that, I do agree with, limiting the number of concurrent games to 5. If Russ & Chrismo did a survey of the number of concurrent games a long term non pawn star played, I guess that it would be 5 or less.

mike
    the klingon
  12. Joined
    27 Nov '02
    Moves
    05 Jan '03 19:30
    Even though I registered for another chess site a few months ago (just before I found Red Hot Pawn) I just payed for a full year of Red Hot Pawn with pleasure. In my mind RHP's interface totally outclasses any other I have seen and that's no small feat.

There are 2 features that I've seen on other sites though, that I feel would add a lot to RHP.

1. The ability to create multiple invites at the same time. And to specifiy (if White) what your first move will be. I.e. to create 5 new invites where your first move will be d4. As soon as someone accepts, the server automatically makes the first move for you.

2. The ability for the players to create their own tournaments and to control aspects of the tournament such as:
    * open to all or private
    * type of tournament (knockout or other format)
    * if open then filters like # of players, min/max rating etc.

Those are the 2 big 'holes' that I see in RHP right now and even then, they are minor complaints. Keep up the good work!

😀
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Jan '03 02:06
    Only one: voluptuous models wearing the flags on the homepage.😉 Kirk
  14. New Jersey, USA
    Moves
    08 Jan '03 16:09
    In game history, please have the replay show the correct move number for black.🙂
  15. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    06 Feb '03 13:23
    Originally posted by StrayJay
    A way to enter (copy/paste) a FEN into an edit-box, after which we can see what positions people are discussing in the forums.

Alternatively, in case this already exists: a FAQ entry that describes how to do this.

In case that already exists: I apologize. 😳

Or better still: if (in a message in a discussion on a forum) a FEN is entered in a specia ...[text shortened]... that (when clicked) would cause a window to popup, showing the position as described by the FEN.
    😀 great idea, what do you guys think about that? 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree