TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 16:28
    Originally posted by IM4Y2NV
    Private Messages

Thread 53287
    lol - fair play 😳

this could be detailed clearer in the FAQs too. thats another to add to our list.

I have updated some of this but it is yet to be checked for ommisions and mistakes. I shall post them and everyone should let me know if they see anything incorrect or missed from what I have written:
  3. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 16:282 edits
    How can I format my text when writing forum posts or messages?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    To format text you should enter the following codes when writing your message/post:

Italics: [ i ]Text To Be Formatted Here[ /i ]
    Bold: [ b ]Text To Be Formatted Here[ /b ]

The text will be formatted in the chosen style once submitted.
  4. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 16:291 edit
    How can I create links when writing forum posts or messages?
    In order to create links you should enter the following codes when writing your message/post:

Link to a game: [gid]GameID Here[/gid]
    Link to a User's profile: [uid]UID Here[/uid]
    Link to a Forum thread: [threadid]ThreadID Here[/threadid]
    Link to a Tournament: [tid]TID Here[/tid]
    Link to a Clan: [cid]CID Here[/cid]
    Link to a Clan Challenge: [ccid]ChallengeID Here[/ccid]
    Link to a Clan League: [clid]LeagueID Here[/clid]
    Link to an FAQ: [ faq]FAQ ID Here[/faq ]

You must replace the text between the tags with the required ID.

NOTES:
    Most of the required IDs are found in the "URL" (shown in the address bar) when viewing the page you wish to link to.
    The required 'FAQ ID' can be found on the right hand side of the FAQ page (Below the required question's title bar).
  5. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 16:29
    Can I create links to other websites when writing forum posts or messages?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Although it is not possible to create links to other sites in the public forums or in personal messages, it is possible to do this within the private forums. In order to create links to other sites you should enter the following codes when writing your post:

[url=http://www.ExampleURL.com]Link Text Here[/url]
  6. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 16:29
    How can I display a chess board and pieces in my forum posts?
    In order to display a chess board and pieces within a forum post you will need to enter the following code when writing your post:

[fen ]FEN Here[ /fen]

See the FEN FAQ for more information on how to create a FEN.
  7. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 16:301 edit
    How do I get a picture in my profile and/or as my forum avatar? (Submitted by Ragnorak)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    You need to provide a link in your redhotpawn settings to a photo which is being hosted on the internet.

You can either find one through google image searches (http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&q=), or upload one of your own images.

"Uploading" is moving something from your computer on to the web.

The reason you can't just use a picture on your computer is because other computers would not be able to see it.

Many sites on the web allow you to upload pictures for free. Try www.imageshack.us, which has the most straightforward user interface.

Once your pictures are uploaded you should be able to copy and paste the URL, which appears underneath the picture (as "Direct link to image" on imageshack).

Once you have the location copied, go to redhotpawn, then "My Settings” (Just under the logo in the top right), then either "My Forum Settings" for your forum avatar or "My Profile Settings” for your profile picture.

Then paste the image URL into either the "Avatar URL" or "Profile Photo" boxes and Click update.

NOTES:
    If you add a URL but the image does not display you should double check the link you pasted in the settings page.
    If neccessary visit the link in an internet browser and ensure that the image displays.
    Recopy the link location carefully, and click update again.
  8. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 16:301 edit
    How can I let others know when I am on vacation or unable to play for a period of time?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    It is possible to let your opponents know that you are on vacation or unable to play, by using the "vacation flag". Enabling you vacation flag will display a small icon [example icon??] beside your user id letting others know that you may be unable to play. To set the Vacation Flag:

Select the 'My Settings' >> 'My Vacation Settings' menu. Tick the 'On Vacation' checkbox and click 'update'

When enabling the vacation flag it is also advisable to add a small message in the 'Vacation message' text area. This will be displayed along side the vacation flag on your profile and can be used to let others know when you are likely to play again.

Please note that enabling your vacation flag will not make you immune from 'timeouts' but some opponents may be willing to wait until your return.
  9. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    02 Oct '06 18:211 edit
    Ok most of these have now been added to the FAQs and are ready, with one exception :

How do I get a picture in my profile and/or as my forum avatar?(Submitted by Ragnorak)
    There is apparently going to be a change to how this works so the instructions (although accurate at the moment) would need to be updated once the change takes place. These will be updated and added in due course.

Does anyone else see any other info which should be added to (or edited on) the FAQ pages??

Come one boys and girls!! The more we get added the easier it should be for us to help the newbies.
  10. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 00:28
    You ever considered slapping all this handy info on your own FAQ page?

It'd be a lot easier to read, to find information and update regularly.
  11. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 11:14
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    You ever considered slapping all this handy info on your own FAQ page?

It'd be a lot easier to read, to find information and update regularly.
    Russ (& crew) asked me to provide updates for the FAQ page on the site as this is the most professional approach. Much better that the site's own FAQ page is accurate and up to date.

Most of the info has already been added to the FAQ and is available now anyway.

I'm just looking for ideas for more additions now.
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Oct '06 10:08
    Originally posted by MCA
    I'm just looking for ideas for more additions now.
    Here you go MCA, have fun.

Clan Leagues
    Thread 16743

D
  13. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 12:32
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Here you go MCA, have fun.

Clan Leagues
    Thread 16743

D
    bump

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree