1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 15:16
    I think the next step for the Ignore List here at RHP is the exclusion from ignored users responding to your posts directly, and even better would be if you are the OP of a thread they are not able to respond to the thread. I know it's a public forum, but when you are hounded by a user you'd rather not socialize with it can be very annoying... especially when that user knows damn well you have no interest in responding to them in any way.

Most people have common sense, I'll grant them that. I just feel it isn't fair when the more you try to ignore a user here at RHP the more they try and participate in your threads or respond to you. Either they are doing it on purpose, or are completely oblivious to social interaction rituals.

I'd use the alert system, but is it an 'alertable' offense when an ignored user who constantly follows you around keeps filling your threads and responding directly to you though they can't send you PM messages or play chess with you?

Is there an alternative solution?

Should moderators get involved if you feel someone is purposely responding to you when they have not heard from you in weeks?

Should I just message the user and ask they stop? I'd rather not, having no interest in acknowledging their very existence.

I'd like opinions before I use feedback on this situation.

P-
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 18:42
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I think the next step for the Ignore List here at RHP is the exclusion from ignored users responding to your posts directly, and even better would be if you are the OP of a thread they are not able to respond to the thread. I know it's a public forum, but when you are hounded by a user you'd rather not socialize with it can be very annoying... especially ...[text shortened]... ir very existence.

P-
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 18:57
    I'm not sure the admins understand here. I want NO response, not a blank post.

Try again, guys.

P-
  4. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 22:27
    anti rec
  5. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 23:45
    I think the next step for the Ignore List here at RHP is the exclusion from ignored users responding to your posts directly, and even better would be if you are the OP of a thread they are not able to respond to the thread. I know it's a public forum, but when you are hounded by a user you'd rather not socialize with it can be very annoying... especially ...[text shortened]... ir very existence.

P-
    Grow a pair and sort the problem yourself.
  6. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 04:24

P-
    Why not respond to their posts by telling them not to reply, and you want no interaction with them? Or do you just want me to tell Bob for you?
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 05:083 edits
    I think the next step for the Ignore List here at RHP is the exclusion from ignored users responding to your posts directly, and even better would be if you are the OP of a thread they are not able to respond to the thread. I know it's a public forum, but when you are hounded by a user you'd rather not socialize with it can be very annoying... especially ir very existence.

P-
    "Is there an alternative solution?"

Of course there is, Phlab. Let's just all relinquish our citizenships; kiss our basic rights and freedom of speech, minority points of view, expression of differences and healthy dissent so long; accept the suffocation of herd sameness; suck up Orwell's 1984 until we collectively gag; relocate to a nice god forsaken place under the oppression of some totalitarian regime. We can compose music, think pure thoughts, dream a lot about the good old days, play solitaire chess with stones in our shabby tents. ~gb

8. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 15:41
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Is there an alternative solution?"

Of course there is, Phlab. Let's just all relinquish our citizenships; kiss our basic rights and freedom of speech, minority points of view, expression of differences and healthy dissent so long; accept the suffocation of herd sameness; suck up Orwell's 1984 until we collectively gag; relocate to a nice ...[text shortened]... r shabby tents. ~gb

...............................................................[/b]
    Without chess clocks? Are we barbarians?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 15:57
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Without chess clocks? Are we barbarians?
    Unfortunately, yes... often every last one of us, with or without clocks to measure

the self destruction and movement from freedom to an endgame of bondage.

🙁
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 16:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 16:291 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 16:37
    The freedom to swing our arms randomly - and powerfully is our right, untill our fists
    reach the other mans nose.

This idea is a punch square in the nose.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 16:52

P-
    :'( :'(

Its crying time again~!
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 16:582 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Any age limit restrictions?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 17:03
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    The freedom to swing our arms randomly - and powerfully is our right, untill our fists
    reach the other mans nose.

This idea is a punch square in the nose.
    A punch on the nose often has a calming effect on the recipient and rarely any permanent damage done.

Laws which restrict personal freedoms rarely address the cause which created them, but do have a permanent deleterious effect.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree