Ignore List Update (Wishful Thinking I'm Sure)

Ignore List Update (Wishful Thinking I'm Sure)

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IC

Moves
03 Apr 10

Originally posted by Suzianne
You make me think that maybe Phlab has a point.

😠

"Never try to teach a pig to sing... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- Anonymous

Words to live by.
Well there goes my Saturday night 😞

e
Exaulted high possum

here...again

Moves
04 Apr 10

'twas Voltaire, mon frere.

πŸ˜€
Thanks for the answer Suzianne.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Apr 10
1 edit

My two cents here is that this is a bad idea.

Not evil, mind you, as some have suggested, but simply misguided. "Slippery slope" stuff.

Better to kiss up to the powers that be and just have the people you wish to ignore banned. See what I mean by "slippery slope"? Where does it end?
Would you be inclined to consider that any attack perpetrated against human freedom (whether frontal, contrived blindside, 'slippery slope' subtle/gradual, premeditated or out of clumsy ignorance) by definition suggests evil intent and/or evil consequences or both. Why? Because self determination and the uncoerced excercise of human volition is the crux reason for human history.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Apr 10
1 edit

[b]You make me think that maybe Phlab has a point.

😠

b]
I am sure no matter what Phlabby had to say, you would think he had a point! πŸ˜‰

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Apr 10

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
Grow a pair and sort the problem yourself.
πŸ˜€

Rec'd!

N

The sky

Moves
04 Apr 10

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Should I just message the user and ask they stop? I'd rather not, having no interest in acknowledging their very existence.
I think you should, for two reasons: In the (however unlikely) case that the user honestly doesn't know xyr behaviour is not appreciated, it gives xym the chance to solve the problem peacefully by changing xyr behaviour; and if the behaviour doesn't change after you have explicitly asked the user to stop, it would be a clear case of harassment (which "this user keeps replying to me, and I bet xe knows it annoys me" is not) and could be handled accordingly. And you have already acknowledged xyr very existence by adding xym to your ignore list.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Apr 10

Originally posted by Nordlys
I think you should, for two reasons: In the (however unlikely) case that the user honestly doesn't know xyr behaviour is not appreciated, it gives xym the chance to solve the problem peacefully by changing xyr behaviour; and if the behaviour doesn't change after you have explicitly asked the user to stop, it would be a clear case of harassment (which "this u ...[text shortened]... gly. And you have already acknowledged xyr very existence by adding xym to your ignore list.
Wouldn't it seem logical that Russ & Chris have long since considered (and continue to monitor)

competitive internet bulletin board site policy/administrative formats in formulating their own?

o
Art is hard

Moves
04 Apr 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I think the next step for the Ignore List here at RHP is the exclusion from ignored users responding to your posts directly, and even better would be if you are the OP of a thread they are not able to respond to the thread. I know it's a public forum, but when you are hounded by a user you'd rather not socialize with it can be very annoying... especially ir very existence.

I'd like opinions before I use feedback on this situation.

P-
I think there is definitely a case for saying that some people are terrible irritating and are basically just a waste of space around here (quite literally actually) - how much I wish I could just make some magically disapear - , but I guess we will just have accept their presence and suffer their presence in a stoic way, either that or punch them in the nose repeatedly like our friend Nowakowsky sugested...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Apr 10
1 edit

Originally posted by orion25

I think there is definitely a case for saying that some people are terrible irritating and are basically just a waste of space around here (quite literally actually) - how much I wish I could just make some magically disapear - , but I guess we will just have accept their presence and suffer their presence in a stoic way, either that or punch them in the nose repeatedly like our friend Nowakowsky sugested...
Orion, would you be kindly disposed to cutting these nuisance people some

slack if they chimed in, now and then, with your personal points of view?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Apr 10
2 edits

Originally posted by orion25
Some may think the same way about you.

Had that crossed your mind?

DO YOU think we would be better off if everyone thought alike and agreed on everything? ( Sounds kind'a boring to me )

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Apr 10

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Would you be inclined to consider that any attack perpetrated against human freedom (whether frontal, contrived blindside, 'slippery slope' subtle/gradual, premeditated or out of clumsy ignorance) by definition suggests evil intent and/or evil consequences or both. Why? Because self determination and the uncoerced excercise of human volition is the crux reason for human history.
I would not agree that any attempt to abridge someone's rights is inherently evil. Just ignorant of the fact that such attempts also abridge that person's rights as well. For example, I don't think right-to-lifers nor heterosexuals petitioning to deny homosexuals the basic human right to marry are actually evil. Just misguided and ignorant.

Disclaimer: These opinions are wholly mine and do not represent the views of anyone other than myself. Hysterical rants filling my mailbox will be deleted without reply. πŸ˜€

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Apr 10
2 edits

I would not agree that any attempt to abridge someone's rights is inherently evil. Just ignorant of the fact that such attempts also abridge that person's rights as well. For example, I don't think right-to-lifers nor heterosexuals petitioning to deny homosexuals the basic human right to marry are actually evil. Just misguided and ignorant.

Disclaimer ...[text shortened]... ne other than myself. Hysterical rants filling my mailbox will be deleted without reply. πŸ˜€
Most always you succeed in generating less heat than light. Thanks for your perspective.

😏

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Apr 10

Disclaimer: These opinions are wholly mine and do not represent the views of anyone other than myself. Hysterical rants filling my mailbox will be deleted without reply. πŸ˜€
Do you really get that much rant mail? πŸ˜‰

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
04 Apr 10

Originally posted by Very Rusty
DO YOU think we would be better off if everyone thought alike and agreed on everything? ( Sounds kind'a boring to me )
We'd all be one big, happy, caring Friends Group!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Apr 10

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
We'd all be one big, happy, caring Friends Group!
Like PFC...Ooops I meant AH. πŸ˜‰