1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 19:0214 edits
    edit:Updated to latest build 2011-08-01

Marketplace link

Download the APK file here only if your device does not support Google Marketplace:

Direct download

This version is just offered for general testing and is still incomplete regarding features.

There are no alerts when a game is waiting. This is the most obvious major omission from this version, but this will be added for the first release.

This app (currently) also just supports core site features, playing games and sending messages.

Anyway, if you have feedback about the app, post it here, and I'll try to implement before first release.

Have fun!
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 19:14
    Please note : This is not on the marketplace yet. The final version will be, but this test version is not.

If you need help installing APK files, just google for a tutorial, there are plenty out there.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 19:152 edits
    And a first bug to get things started :

-"You are black" shown on urgent games list regardless of colour.

If you have a glitch, can you post on which hardware too please. Thanks.

Also, I should state, this has not been tested at all on any Android tablet, so do tell if you have a nasty experience with that.
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 21:42
    hmmm... who'll jump in first?

Is there a prize for first bug? 😉
  5. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 22:23
    Well it didn't break my phone!

Thanks Russ it's looking really swish here are a few comments from me.

First impressions: clean, logical layout, very responsive on my galaxy s (gingerbread)

I notice that after making a move and heading back to my games the list isn't refreshed.

also I clicked 'log out' as a way of closing the app... didn't expect to need to log back again in next time. I probably should have considered the wording more carefully. Then again, I'm not sure of the need for a prominent 'log out' link when I suspect 'close app' will do the job.

Haven't tested the messaging functionality yet.... will post further updates when I can..

Would like to see the Marroquin style but now I'm really nitpicking!
  6. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 22:321 edit
    oooh one more before bed: changing the piece style seems to effect only the preview board and not the game board.

....and 'urgent games' is actually 'pending games' unless I've missed something...
  7. Joined
    15 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 22:38
    Magic, i will be installing this on my tablet in the next few days.
  8. Joined
    31 Mar '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 07:292 edits
    Great that this is available.

I can only see games if there are in my inbox. If there are in any other folder they don't appear on my phone. I am using a ZTE Blade running Cyanogen Mod 7.

I can't see an analysis board - are there any plans to add one? That would be really useful.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 08:39
    Originally posted by rhb
    hmmm... who'll jump in first?

Is there a prize for first bug? 😉
    Yes, and I won.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 08:48
    Originally posted by Humph3
    Great that this is available.

I can only see games if there are in my inbox. If there are in any other folder they don't appear on my phone. I am using a ZTE Blade running Cyanogen Mod 7.

I can't see an analysis board - are there any plans to add one? That would be really useful.
    For version 1 it will be inbox only, sorry. But folder selection will be added very soon.

Re : features , it is going to be just bug fixes for what we have here + a service to alert for waiting games.

But following that (and I mean within a week) a version 2 will arrive with many of the quickly achievable requested additional features. So post them here now while I'm in Java/Android mode and can be most productive. 🙂

And for iPhone/IOs folks, once we achieve a client that satisfies most people on Android, and if there is demand, I'll consider options to either develop or outsource a native IOS version. Without app store limitations it is better this initial process took place on Android first.
  11. Joined
    31 Mar '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 10:291 edit
    Thanks Russ, I'll wait till next week's version 2 for my analysis board then 🙂

All my games just show "Over 24 hours remaining". I presume that in future you will show the move time and time bank separately?

Great that you are going to include a service to provide notifications. It would be great if these notifications could be personalised. I wouldn't want to be notified all the time that I have games outstanding (there are some that I am normally ignoring 😉 ), but I would only want to be notified if (a) I am about to be timed out; or (b) if it a specific game I am following (perhaps indicated by adding it to my watch list).

Thanks for the development of this app - it shows real promise even at this early stage.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 11:34
    Originally posted by Russ
    Yes, and I won.
    what did you give yourself?
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 13:48
    A free sub. For the time being.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 16:07
    Updated with a few minor tweaks to 0.0.2.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 16:10
    Originally posted by Tarpey
    Well it didn't break my phone!

Thanks Russ it's looking really swish here are a few comments from me.

First impressions: clean, logical layout, very responsive on my galaxy s (gingerbread)

I notice that after making a move and heading back to my games the list isn't refreshed.

also I clicked 'log out' as a way of closing the app... didn't expect ...[text shortened]... hen I can..

Would like to see the Marroquin style but now I'm really nitpicking!
    Remember on Android you never really kill an app, you just shunt it to the background and the OS will kill it if it needs the resources. This is normal behaviour.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree