1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 22:46
    We owe a lot to the Indians and the Vedas who taught us how count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made. " ~ Albert Einstein

"After the conversations about Indian philosophy, some of the ideas of Quantum Physics that had seemed so crazy suddenly made much more sense".

W. Heisenberg (German Physicist, 1901-1976)
    "The Vedanta and the Sankhya hold the key to the laws of mind and thought process which are co-related to the Quantum Field, i.e. the operation and distribution of particles at atomic and molecular levels."

Prof. Brian David Josephson (1940 - ) Welsh physicist, the youngest Nobel Laureate
    " It is India that gave us the ingenious method of expressing all numbers by ten symbols, each receiving a value of position as well as an absolute value, a profound and important idea which appears so simple to us now that we ignore its true merit. But its very simplicity, the great ease which it has lent to all computations, puts our arithmetic in the first rank of useful inventions, and we shall appreciate the grandeur of this achievement the more when we remember that it escaped the genius of Archimedes and Appollonius, two of the greatest men produced by antiquity."

Pierre Simon de Laplace, French mathematician, philosopher, and astronomer,
    "Whenever I have read any part of the Vedas, I have felt that some unearthly and unknown light illuminated me. In the great teaching of the Vedas, there is no touch of sectarianism. It is of all ages, and nationalities and is the royal road for attainment of the Great Knowledge."

~ Thoreau (American Thinker)
    "The marvel of the Bhagavad-Gita is its truly beautiful revelation of life's wisdom which enables philosophy to blossom into religion."

~ Herman Hesse (1877-1962), German poet and novelist, awarded the Nobel Prize for literature in 1946,
    In the great book of India,the Bhagavad-gita, an empire spoke to us, nothing small or unworthy, but large, serene, consistent, the voice of an old intelligence, which in another age and climate had pondered and thus disposed of the questions that exercise us. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson Eminent American Thinker

On our website ( please google-Hare Krsna views on science) you can read articles about the origin of the universe, the chemical evolution or beginning of life, the critiques of modern scientific methodologies; the evolution of species and much more, all in the light of such opinions, which though written by respected scientists and philosophers, are not placed in the school books, scientific journals and media programs due to the process of “knowledge filtration” through which the ruling paradigm blinds the public to all evidence that challenges its supremacy.

Come, open your intellects to new realms of knowledge and experience. Read articles that inform, challenge, provoke, enlighten, inspire, - and, most of all, stimulate the shaping of a more scientific science and a more human humanity.

(Dasa says) There is enough reading material at this web-site to convince the most hardened atheist...............but I humbly request to leave dishonesty at the door.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 23:181 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    We owe a lot to the Indians and the Vedas who taught us how count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made. " ~ Albert Einstein

"After the conversations about Indian philosophy, some of the ideas of Quantum Physics that had seemed so crazy suddenly made much more sense".

"The Ved hardened atheist...............but I humbly request to leave dishonesty at the door.
    ...(Dasa says) There is enough reading material at this web-site to convince the most hardened atheist...............but I humbly request to leave dishonesty at the door.

(Agerg says) request denied - Dasa's definition of "dishonest" is not compatible with mine
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 00:03
    On our website ( please google-Hare Krsna views on science) you can read articles about the origin of the universe, the chemical evolution or beginning of life, the critiques of modern scientific methodologies; the evolution of species and much more, all in the light of such opinions, which though written by respected scientists and philosophers, are not placed ...[text shortened]... rough which the ruling paradigm blinds the public to all evidence that challenges its supremacy.
    Your web site? You have your own web site?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 04:25

"The Ved ...[text shortened]... hardened atheist...............but I humbly request to leave dishonesty at the door.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenician_alphabet

This article indicates that the Phoenicians had numbers also.

"Most historians believe that the Brahmi script and the subsequent Indic
    alphabets are derived from the Aramaic script as well, which would make
    Phoenician the ancestor of most writing systems in use today. This possibly
    includes even hangul, which may have been influenced by Brahmic Phagspa.
    This would mean that of all the major national scripts in use in the world today,
    only the Chinese script and its derivatives have an independent origin."
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 04:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds

includes even hangu ...[text shortened]... in the world today,
    And there you have it,Dasa.
    If we cant agree on the basic language then we cant talk about "true science".

This is just one problem with your op,(it's partiality), however it was still a good read, thanks
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 05:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds

includes even hangu ...[text shortened]... in the world today,
    Phoenicians originated in India ........and India was the land of Sanskrit.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 05:49
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    This is just one problem with your op,(it's partiality), however it was still a good read, thanks
    It seems that Dasa didn't write it but is passing it off as his own.
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 06:08

"We owe a lot to the Indians and the Vedas who taught us how count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made. " ~ Albert Einstein

taking up a little poetic license there, dasa? showing a little dishonesty to support your corrupt religion?

tell us dasa. what is the actual quote by einstein?

come on. you can be honest, just this once.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 06:16
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit

"We owe a lot to the Indians and the Vedas who taught us how count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made. " ~ Albert Einstein

taking up a little poetic license there, dasa? showing a little dishonesty to support your corrupt religion?

tell us dasa. what is the actual quote by einstein?

come on. you can be honest, just this once.
    Dasa has doctored the Einstein quote, added words that Einstein did not say. Will Dasa concede and apologize or brazen it out as usual?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 06:201 edit
    Dasa has doctored the Ralph Waldo Emerson quote as well. Changed a word, and added something into it that Ralph didn't say.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 16:451 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Dasa has doctored the Einstein quote, added words that Einstein did not say. Will Dasa concede and apologize or brazen it out as usual?
    It is common knowledge with anyone who is well read with Albert Einstein quotes that he has stated "When I read the Bhagavad Gita (Veda) and reflect about how God created the universe everything seems superfluous".

By adding the word Veda I have cleverly included this quote along with the original quote about owing a lot to Indian,s.

By adding one word I have covered two quotes by Albert Einstein in the same sentence......and which are both true.

Fault finding persons who have mentalities like crows will dig for something for to complain.

FMF you are the worst offender.........simply dishonest mentality.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 16:47
    Dasa is going to just brazen it out, then, it seems.
  13. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 17:01
    It is common knowledge with anyone who is well read with Albert Einstein quotes that he has stated "When I read the Bhagavad Gita (Veda) and reflect about how God created the universe everything seems superfluous".

By adding the word Veda I have cleverly included this quote along with the original quote about owing a lot to Indian,s.

By adding one word ...[text shortened]... mething for to complain.

Unbelievable.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 17:12

"CLEVERLY"? I wonder what would be your definition of stupid?
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 17:13

Why not just provide both quotes?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree