1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 06:29
    To anyone who travells on the London Underground. It's been a while since I have used it. How safe is it and would you travel with 4 children through it? Victoria-Liverpool street on the circle line arround mid day.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 07:55
    Originally posted by yo its me
    To anyone who travells on the London Underground. It's been a while since I have used it. How safe is it and would you travel with 4 children through it? Victoria-Liverpool street on the circle line arround mid day.
    Go for it yo and stand on the right on the escalators.
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 08:26
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Go for it yo and stand on the right on the escalators.
    You ever used the underground Gramps?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 08:44
    You ever used the underground Gramps?
    Know only what Brit friends have told me and what I've read.

Within hours after the tube bombing, it was back in use.

5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 08:591 edit
    Is there anyone who recently travelled on the circle line during the day can let me know how safe it is?

I'm not talking about bombs!!

I'm talking kids being squashed, lost or hurt.

This is a subject of contension and I must make the right decision.
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 09:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 10:59
    Depending on what age your children are you might consider putting them on a leash. Sounds harsh, but it's not that uncommon and definitely safe(r). I was there last weekend and it is extremely busy at times.

Oh, and "Mind the gap".
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 12:19
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Depending on what age your children are you might consider putting them on a leash. Sounds harsh, but it's not that uncommon and definitely safe(r). I was there last weekend and it is extremely busy at times.

Oh, and "Mind the gap".
    Ya the Gap has crap clothes.
  9. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 13:251 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 16:55
    You've 4 kids....you can afford to lose a couple to attrition.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 17:35
    You'll be fine outside rush hour, just take your time and make sure you get on the right circle train. CFT has a good point about the end carriages being quieter. Liverpool street station is pretty big, i wouldn't want to be going there with 4 kids. Good luck with that 🙂
  12. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    23 Sep '11 03:44
    Thank you everyone. I'm going to leave the youngest at home, sounds like there is a reason for some concern and he can get stroppy and run off so best just take the other three. What would evening rush hour be- 5? That's proberly what time we'll hit London on our return journey, maybe I should avoid 5 or is it more 6 ish?
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '11 04:10
    Thank you everyone. I'm going to leave the youngest at home, sounds like there is a reason for some concern and he can get stroppy and run off so best just take the other three. What would evening rush hour be- 5? That's proberly what time we'll hit London on our return journey, maybe I should avoid 5 or is it more 6 ish?
    If you can leave one home why not leave them all home?
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '11 04:11
    I remember it getting stupidly busy from about 4:30 or so, I mostly used the Jubilee line but i'd imagine Circle being even busier considering how central it is. I'm guessing it starts to quieten down a bit from around 6.
  15. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    23 Sep '11 04:20
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I remember it getting stupidly busy from about 4:30 or so, I mostly used the Jubilee line but i'd imagine Circle being even busier considering how central it is. I'm guessing it starts to quieten down a bit from around 6.
    Right, thanks, I'll plan the journey so we pass through after 6 then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree