1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 20:022 edits
    I didn't need to maintain that dialogue for as long as I did; regardless of what you said you are only 14 - this thread serves as an acknowledgement that in that respect, I was in the wrong - and of course, as an apology.

Reveal Hidden Content
    and it carries the bonus that you might now see people laying into me :]
  2. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 20:12
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I didn't need to maintain that dialogue for as long as I did; regardless of what you said you are only 14 - this thread serves as an acknowledgement that in that respect, I was in the wrong - and of course, as an apology.

[hidden]and it carries the bonus that you might now see people laying into me :][/hidden]
    Yes I agree, let's put it behind us an move on. I'm sorry for my part too; I got very carried away and was rude in some places.
  3. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 20:13
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Yes I agree, let's put it behind us an move on. I'm sorry for my part too; I got very carried away and was rude in some places.
    BTW being angry makes me tired so I'm going to bed and thanks for the apology. It is much appreciated.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 20:37
    Your own apology accepted!
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 20:51
    Nice to see civility and reciprocity so soon after an incidental fray.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 20:51
    Your own apology accepted!
    I hate to suggest this but I will anyway. Would this not have been better done via PM or was the idea to get "brownie points"?
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 21:00
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I hate to suggest this but I will anyway. Would this not have been better done via PM or was the idea to get "brownie points"?
    It is an apology and an open invite for others to see that my behaviour was not in accordance with my age (and for Tygert to see that I have done this). I readily acknowledge I do myself more harm by posting it than I do by sending a PM.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 22:20
    Public transgressions require public absolution, so sayeth the Law.
  9. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 08:272 edits
    I think that a personal apology is so much more difficult to make and so much more honest. When you use a forum to do it, you make it easier for yourself as you may have other friends who like you anyway. A personal apology may not always be accepted.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 11:097 edits
    Originally posted by lolof
    I think that a personal apology is so much more difficult to make and so much more honest. When you use a forum to do it, you make it easier for yourself as you may have other friends who like you anyway. A personal apology may not always be accepted.
    I disagree.

If I had known Tygert a long time and had come to value our exchanges it would be quite different, but on this site, as you and I are also, we are strangers. As such there is nothing more difficult in a PM under these circumstances than writing what you were going to say in a forum post then firing it off as a private message instead.
    Whether or whether not the apology is accepted is moot - indeed Tygert could have easily just ignored this thread and nobody would have thought any worse of him, just as he could do with a PM.

Here I am just doing a courtesy to some young stranger in the world who's every reply to me I would, (and did) shoot down until he admitted a mistake he made early on. A grave error on my part because 14 year olds are less equipped to do this than many adults (who often share the same difficulties).
    Indeed the only thing I accomplished in that thread was embarrassing and frustrating the poor kid (which in turn made my job of finding fault in his follow-up posts even easier for me - and to my shame I exploited this), and so having finally realised the gravity of my own error, to make small reparations, he now gets to see me being grilled (by certain posters who also played their own parts) just as he did.
  11. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 11:42
    I disagree.

If I had known Tygert a long time and had come to value our exchanges it would be quite different, but on this site, as you and I are also, we are strangers. As such there is nothing more difficult in a PM under these circumstances than writing what you were going to say in a forum post then firing it off as a private message instead.
    Whether ...[text shortened]... led (by certain posters - mentioning no names - who also played their own parts) just as he did.
    Firstly, I am perfectly "equipped" to hold my own.
    Secondly, I was not frustrated nor was I embarrassed.
    Thirdly, you did not succeed in finding faults in my follow up posts, for the large part you embarrassed yourself.

I am more than a little disappointed to see you still posting here as you have basically taken all the meaning out of that apology. You apologise and then you are back in full force making me seem like a pathetic little crybaby.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 11:494 edits
    Firstly, I am perfectly "equipped" to hold my own.
    Secondly, I was not frustrated nor was I embarrassed.
    Thirdly, you did not succeed in finding faults in my follow up posts, for the large part you embarrassed yourself.

I am more than a little disappointed to see you still posting here as you have basically taken all the meaning out of that apology. You apologise and then you are back in full force making me seem like a pathetic little crybaby.
    If you were neither embarrassed nor frustrated then more power to you - though I still should hang my head in shame because I should *always* assume this to be the case in the case of teenagers, regardless of their intelligence - I failed to do this. Secondly, I actually do believe you are equipped to hold your own (I did not attempt to contradict that in my last post).

You do not appear, in my eyes (or surely the eyes of any others) to be a crybaby, nor do you appear pathetic.
  13. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 13:55
    For goodness sake,Tygert. What are you doing?

You are a teenager and it is part of a teenagers job to annoy the adults.

You were doing really well up to now and then you spoil it all with this wimpy apologising rubbish.😠
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 14:25
    marvellous stuff.
  15. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 16:45
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    For goodness sake,Tygert. What are you doing?

You are a teenager and it is part of a teenagers job to annoy the adults.

You were doing really well up to now and then you spoil it all with this wimpy apologising rubbish.😠
    I would hate it if my job was to annoy adults! I would like to have rational conversations with a debating format in a chilled manner.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree