1. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 06:45
    Game 793134

For anybody that is interested. The Silleh guy (greyeyesofsorrow) is operating Fritz 8 and playing white and the suicidal maniac that played 5...Nxd5 would be me. Something tells me that this is going to be a hell of a bloody game 🙂

Feivel
  2. Standard membersteelydan
    the Custerdome
    Bard
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 07:24
    Originally posted by Feivel
    Game 793134

For anybody that is interested. The Silleh guy (greyeyesofsorrow) is operating Fritz 8 and playing white and the suicidal maniac that played 5...Nxd5 would be me. Something tells me that this is going to be a hell of a bloody game 🙂

Feivel

How do you know he's operating Fritz? And...more importantly, what compelled you to take back with the Knight and not throw in Na5?? 😲
  3. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 07:27
    Originally posted by steelydan

How do you know he's operating Fritz? And...more importantly, what compelled you to take back with the Knight and not throw in Na5?? 😲
    I asked for a game against Fritz 8 and he responded. Why did I take with the knight? Adventure, bloodlust, masocism, sadism and an extremely strong desire to melt greyeyes processor 🙂

Feivel
  4. Internet
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 10:11
    Interesting, I wish it was possible to bookmark games. Kick silicon butt Feivel!
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 10:351 edit
    hmmm we should have a Fritz 8 vs. RHP match, ala Kasparov vs. The World. Players have a day to come up with the next move (by vote with a discussion taking place) and then fritz analyses the position for a given amount of time (say 20 minutes) and replys.

Edit: I can't spell when it's dark out. I also can't remember which chess site I'm on at times. Whoops
  6. Standard memberOuermyhte
    Muffy rocks your God
    Stars
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 11:57
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    hmmm we should have a Fritz 8 vs. RHP match, ala Kasparov vs. The World. Players have a day to come up with the next move (by vote with a discussion taking place) and then fritz analyses the position for a given amount of time (say 20 minutes) and replys.

Edit: I can't spell when it's dark out. I also can't remember which chess site I'm on at times. Whoops
    spiffing idea sir!
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 17:18
    Chess by committee is not effective.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 18:551 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    hmmm we should have a Fritz 8 vs. RHP match, ala Kasparov vs. The World. Players have a day to come up with the next move (by vote with a discussion taking place) and then fritz analyses the position for a given amount of time (say 20 min ...[text shortened]... . I also can't remember which chess site I'm on at times. Whoops
    That could be fun. Might be easier when polls are implemented in the forums.

We could have a discussion about the best moves, then when we have decided on maybe 4/5 possibilities, put those to the vote.

That could be great craic. And a good learning experience cos I guess if the good players got involved, then they'd have to explain why their move is best, and we could all see inside the mind of a RMaster.

Probably better to give Fritz a lot of time, to make it as challenging and interesting as possible.

D
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 19:22
    It would be fun and instructive, I agree.
  10. Illinois, USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 23:092 edits
    Originally posted by Svin1
    Interesting, I wish it was possible to bookmark games.

??? I do this all the time. I have a whole Favorites "Chess Games" folder full of bookmarked games from here (redhotchess.com), plus the threads discussing them.

Or are you talking about bookmarking something else that I'm not understanding?
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 23:142 edits
    Originally posted by ChessMom
    Originally posted by Svin1
    [b]Interesting, I wish it was possible to bookmark games.

??? I do this all the time. I have a whole Favorites "Chess Games" folder full of bookmarked games from here (redhotchess ...[text shortened]... king about bookmarking something else that I'm not understanding?[/b]
    haha. That's great. 😀

You need to type in the top box, not the bottom one.

I guess what u were trying to say was to add something like this to your bookmarks.
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=793134

[EDIT] Oh, ooh, 1 quick edit later and the joke is one me. 😉

D
  12. Illinois, USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 23:421 edit
    Yeah, I know, I'm used to Vbulletin, UBB, and Php software on other message boards, so I'm having a problem figuring out the whole "which box to type in" thing. 😀

But in order to bookmark a game, you don't have to type in the whole "redhotchess.com" URL--just bring the game up in a window (assuming you're using some version of Windows) and then click on Add To Favorites and tell it what folder to put it in.

Like, click on the link in the OP above, and it'll bring up Fievel's game in another window, and then click on Add To Favorites.
  13. Internet
    Moves
    23 Nov '04 00:08

??? I do this all the time. I have a whole Favorites "Chess Games" folder full of bookmarked games from here (redhotchess.com), plus the threads discussing them.

Or are you talking about bookmarking something else that I'm not understanding?
    I was just being unclear. I was thinking about something like having the games collected like 'My games' and a display of last move/move number. I guess I should use my browser's bookmarks more and check back every now and then.
  14. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    23 Nov '04 05:20
    Yeah, I know, I'm used to Vbulletin, UBB, and Php software on other message boards, so I'm having a problem figuring out the whole "which box to type in" thing. 😀

But in order to bookmark a game, you don't have to type in the whole "redhotchess.com" URL--just bring the game up in a window (assuming you're using some version of Windows) and then ...[text shortened]... above, and it'll bring up Fievel's game in another window, and then click on Add To Favorites.
    Ahh...I been favoritized. Is that anything like bronzing baby shoes?

Feivel
  15. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    23 Nov '04 06:452 edits
    What's the technical name for that opening? My team coach refers to it as the "Fried Liver". Just curious.----- ---
    |()$|-|
    \

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree