1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    12 Mar '16 06:093 edits
    Please...no more goddamned Trump threads. Look at all these threads, which were active within the last two weeks:

Thread 167579
    Thread 167713
    Thread 167630
    Thread 167682
    Thread 167792
    Thread 167767
    Thread 167791
    Thread 167827
    Thread 167715
    Thread 167719
    Thread 167875
    Thread 167882
    Thread 167766
    Thread 167835
    Thread 167872

What the hell. What the bloody, freakin' hell. These are the Trump threads people posted in within the last TWO WEEKS.

No more. For the love of god, no more.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Mar '16 10:56
    Originally posted by vivify
    Please...no more goddamned Trump threads. Look at all these threads, which were active within the last two weeks:

Thread 167579
    Thread 167713
    Thread 167630
    Thread 167682
    Thread 167792
    Thread 167767
    Thread 167791
    Thread 167827
    [threadid]1 ...[text shortened]... hreads people posted in within the last TWO WEEKS.

Who do you want us to talk about, Hillary?

Pfft.

Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say, here about the nonstop coverage of the Trump protesters? Isn't this what you left wingers want, 24/7 coverage of Trump? IF not, then why stage violent protests at his rallies?
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Mar '16 11:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    Who do you want us to talk about, Hillary?

Pfft.

Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say, here about the nonstop coverage of the Trump protesters? Isn't this what you left wingers want, 24/7 coverage of Trump? IF not, then why stage violent protests at his rallies?
    Why?
    To make the whole thing ffing funnier than it already is.

You can't have enough Drumpf threads.
    Really!

I'm just waiting for people to start singing the theme to Goldfinger to finally ram the nail into the coffin of 'this is too good to be true'.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Mar '16 11:141 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Why?
    To make the whole thing ffing funnier than it already is.

You can't have enough Drumpf threads.
    Really!

I'm just waiting for people to start singing the theme to Goldfinger to finally ram the nail into the coffin of 'this is too good to be true'.
    Trump is reality TV. How do you stop it?

Trump threads are now being made to protest Trump threads.

Hilarious.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Mar '16 11:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    Trump is reality TV. How do you stop it?

Trump threads are now being made to protest Trump threads.

Hilarious.
    For the first time ever... I agree with you.

Drumpfmania is upon the planet!
    Woo hooooo we're all gonna die!
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 00:03

Thread 167579
    Thread 167713
    Thread 167630
    Thread 167682
    Thread 167792
    Thread 167767
    Thread 167791
    Thread 167827
    [threadid]1 ...[text shortened]... hreads people posted in within the last TWO WEEKS.

"The Donald" loves the limelight, he loves attention, he loves the sound of his own voice. "The Donald's" campaign is one big reality TV show. "The Donald" is the political equivalent of Howard Stern, anything for a photo op. "The Donald" even gives passive encouragement to the violence against those who disagree with him, as well as reporters who cover his events. I agree with some of Trump's ideas, but will never vote for him. He is an embarrassment.

It's a small wonder Obama's approval rating is at an all time high, considering the behavior of many of the other candidates.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/12/media/cbs-sopan-deb-arrest-trump-rally/index.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-thanks-trump-for-approval-rating-2016-3?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=referral
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 03:05

Thread 167579
    Thread 167713
    Thread 167630
    Thread 167682
    Thread 167792
    Thread 167767
    Thread 167791
    Thread 167827

Deal with it.

This is the most significant political story in the United States in the last 50 years.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 07:26
    Originally posted by sh76
    Deal with it.

This is the most significant political story in the United States in the last 50 years.
    Yeah... way more important than the Vietnam war, Watergate, The Iran-contra scandal, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Gitmo...

Drumpf is way more important than any of that....

*Insert rolling eyes*
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 07:33

Thread 167579
    Thread 167713
    Thread 167630
    Thread 167682
    Thread 167792
    Thread 167767
    Thread 167791
    Thread 167827

Well, I don't know...

...Has there been a thread about Trump's teeny tiny cocktail wiener penis yet?
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 17:011 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Yeah... way more important than the Vietnam war, Watergate, The Iran-contra scandal, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Gitmo...

Drumpf is way more important than any of that....

*Insert rolling eyes*
    The Vietnam war was was not a political story. Nor were the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The re-alignment of the party system and the disintegration of the Republican party as the voters ignore the establishment and nominate a wild insurgent is far more significant a political story than Iran-Contra. Perhaps one could make an argument for Watergate being more significant, but that's it.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 18:05
    The Vietnam war was was not a political story. Nor were the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The re-alignment of the party system and the disintegration of the Republican party as the voters ignore the establishment and nominate a wild insurgent is far more significant a political story than Iran-Contra. Perhaps one could make an argument for Watergate being more significant, but that's it.
    I doubt it will be deemed more "significant" in the long run than either Iran-Contra or Watergate. I do not think the Republican party will disintegrate like the Whigs did; much more likely is that after Trump is badly defeated in November (should he get the nomination which is not a certainty) the rules will be adjusted to make such an event far less likely in the future (I suspect we'll see more closed primaries on the GOP side in 2020).

Moreover, the Presidential nomination process shouldn't be overestimated as a sign of a political party's strength - the Republicans still hold both houses of Congress and a solid majority of State legislatures and governorships. Now if that changes in November than perhaps the Trump story will reach the political significance of say Southern realignment in the 1980s but I'd be surprised if that happens.
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 19:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I doubt it will be deemed more "significant" in the long run than either Iran-Contra or Watergate. I do not think the Republican party will disintegrate like the Whigs did; much more likely is that after Trump is badly defeated in November (should he get the nomination which is not a certainty) the rules will be adjusted to make such an event far less li ...[text shortened]... ical significance of say Southern realignment in the 1980s but I'd be surprised if that happens.
    I that's what happens, then fine. But the story is about its potential. If Trump does get elected President or if the Republic party does fundamentally shift in the wake of this, it will be a seismic shift in American politics.

Iran-Contra turns out to have not done much to the political landscape as I see no evidence that Reagan's popularity or historical legacy was damaged by it much, if at all.
  13. Joined
    30 Aug '12
    Moves
    14 Mar '16 01:04
    Well congrads OP, you just added another to the list!
    lol
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '16 02:08
    I that's what happens, then fine. But the story is about its potential. If Trump does get elected President or if the Republic party does fundamentally shift in the wake of this, it will be a seismic shift in American politics.

Iran-Contra turns out to have not done much to the political landscape as I see no evidence that Reagan's popularity or historical legacy was damaged by it much, if at all.
    But I thought that "hope and change" was a seismic shift. 😲
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Mar '16 10:31

Those wars weren't political stories?
    So, no politics involved what-so-ever????

You yanks! You so funny!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree