1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:33
    Gen. 3:9
    But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”

The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

Now, even with my low assessment of the intellectual capabilities of the theists left on this forum, I have got to think, maybe some of them, reading this text objectively, must realize the OT God is not portrayed as omniscient?
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:38
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    [quote]Gen. 3:9

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me ...[text shortened]... of them, reading this text objectively, must realize the OT God is not portrayed as omniscient?
    Gen. 18:20:
    20 Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:45

12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me ...[text shortened]... of them, reading this text objectively, must realize the OT God is not portrayed as omniscient?
    Unless that is just a story to explain something which only Adam and Eve experienced and forgot to write down.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:45
    God is not omniscient
    God conducting fact-finding tests: Deuteronomy 8:1-2, Deuteronomy 13:1-5, 2 Chronicles 32:31
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:47
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Unless that is just a story to explain something which only Adam and Eve experienced and forgot to write down.
    Careful...you are implying that what some consider to be "sacred texts" are open to human interpretation and error.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:50
    Originally posted by @fmf
    God conducting fact-finding tests: Deuteronomy 8:1-2, Deuteronomy 13:1-5, 2 Chronicles 32:31
    Now [how sad is this, that I have to invent a reasonably skeptical theist to defend against my attacks] but maybe God did this for the benefit of the fallible men he was pwning?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:524 edits
    You're not as smart as you think you are.

A parent knowing what naughty thing her child has done may ask the child "What are you doing?"

The question doesn't mean she doesn't know.
    It means she wants the child to stop and think about its situation.

Many of us who came to Jesus Christ first seemed to have a voice in our conscience asking us - "Where are you?" As if for the first time someone wanting a relationship was trying to get us to realize how lost, alienated, alone, and hiding we were ... from our heavenly Father.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:54

You’re not familiar with the idea of a parent asking their child a question when the parent already knows the answer?

Example: Parent walks down hallway and notices his child’s room is a mess. Asks child, “Did you remember to clean your room like I asked?”

Example 2: Parent hears from another parent that his child was at a party and did not go to the library as the child said he was going to do.

Parent asks child, “So how was the library? Did you get a lot of studying done?”

Do you understand the reason for doing this? It’s to see how the child responds. Does he lie? Does he tell the truth but make excuses? Does he apologize? etc.

God did the same thing in the book of Job when He twice asked Satan, “From whence comedy thou?” You don’t think God knew where Satan was. In that instance, I think it was a conversation starter.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:56

<<Now, even with my low assessment of the intellectual capabilities of the theists left on this forum, I have got to think, maybe some of them, reading this text objectively, must realize the OT God is not portrayed as omniscient?>>

You don’t understand what God was doing in that Biblical passage and our intellectual capabilities are low?
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:56
    Originally posted by @sonship

A parent knowing what naughty her child has done may ask the child "What are you doing?"

Doesn't mean she doesn't know.
    It means she wants the child to stop and think about its situation.

Many of us who came to Jesus Christ first seemed to have a voice in ou ...[text shortened]... s to realize how lost, alienated, alone, and hiding we were ... from our heavenly Father.
    Aww, Jack, you don't realize how disappointed I am to hear that you don't think I'm as smart as I think I am.

Except, Jack, you got me wrong. I don't give a fvckk whether you think I am smart, or not.

I like well-reasoned arguments.

Did you put one in your post?

If so, just reply "Yes".

I will ignore all the banal sniping and then focus on your actual response.

If not, then you may expect to be ignored.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:57
    Slightly uncanny regurgitations.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:58
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Good grief, tiger. Back to being the atheists’ lickspittle? When do you resume bashing and mocking Christians after pleading for their support?
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:59
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    <<Now, even with my low assessment of the intellectual capabilities of the theists left on this forum, I have got to think, maybe some of them, reading this text objectively, must realize the OT God is not portrayed as omniscient?>>

You don’t understand what God was doing in that Biblical passage and our intellectual capabilities are low?
    The sad thing is that your conduct on this forum precludes your replies from EVER being taken seriously.

Your best bet is to make a new account and try to disguise your disgusting personal identity.

But I doubt you can pull it off!

Yours Sincerely,

BDP
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:00
    Aww, Jack, you don't realize how disappointed I am to hear that you don't think I'm as smart as I think I am.

Except, Jack, you got me wrong. I don't give a fvckk whether you think I am smart, or not.

I like well-reasoned arguments.

Did you put one in your post?

If so, just reply "Yes".

I will ignore all the banal sniping and then focus on your actual response.

If not, then you may expect to be ignored.
    Looks like your intellectual capabilities were revealed to be quite low, PoodleBoy
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:001 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship to BigDoggProblem
    You're not as smart as you think you are. [...] You're not as smart as you think you are [...].
    Is this a call on all to admire how smart you think you are, sonship, and to discount how much smarter than you BigDoggProblem seems to be?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree