1. Standard membervietasianfox45
    Intermediate Player
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 21:222 edits
    I noticed that my thread about RHP being liars was deleted by the site!! So, I am placing it here now. SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY!!

What do you do when the site forced a result in your game when you are told that the site never forces results in games?? Who do you complain to?? Here is the game that was a forced draw with TacticalStrategy by the admins!!

Game 4238648

I still feel that I can win this game!! Please HELP!!
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 21:23

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard membervietasianfox45
    Intermediate Player
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 21:24
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I am new at doing the links on here.
  4. Joined
    11 Mar '07
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 22:16
    Well the games over, so do you care to demonstrate your winning line(s)
  5. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 22:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberbosintang
    perpetualEditMonkey
    Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 22:312 edits
    Originally posted by vietasianfox45
    I noticed that my thread about RHP being liars was deleted by the site!! So, I am placing it here now. SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY!!

What do you do when the site forced a result in your game when you are told that the site never forces results in games?? Who do you complain to?? Here is the game that was a forced draw with TacticalStrategy by the admins!!

Game 4238648

I still feel that I can win this game!! Please HELP!!
    Hi,

I think you accidentally accepted a draw offer from your opponent. If it's any consolation, I think if your opponent played 65..Bxf6!, taking the pawn, then that position really was drawn.

Opposite-coloured bishop endgames are almost always draws even when playing against lower-rated players with a pawn or two advantage.
  7. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 23:551 edit
    I think this is a glitch on the site. You've pretty much got to have kings only on the board before The Fox with accept a draw: he hates them. And you've really got to be a complete muppet before you mistakenly accept a draw and I can assure you that The Fox is not a muppet. I can see why he's so upset: if the game had played to a win for him he would have advanced to the next round. I can see why admin would be unwilling to reopen the game as they'd have to break the news to the guy who's currently advancing and get TacStrat to agree to continue playing. But still, a site glitch. I've seen a few in my time here.
  8. Joined
    11 Mar '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 01:23
    I understand if he got jobbed then he deserved a chance to try to win the game. With that said please demonstrate a winning line. I don't see it. If it can be demonstrated, do so, otherwise accept nomination into the Whiner's Hall of Fame.
  9. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 02:35
    I hope no-one's going to start whining because The Fox has an opinion... are they? He doesn't need to demonstrate a winning line. There's no forced line to checkmate here. Games are won because your opponent makes a mistake. For all we know, if the game were to continue Tactical Strategy might start moving his king back and forth until that pawn gets promoted. He wouldn't I'm sure as I know from experience that he's a sneaky player... but still.
  10. Joined
    11 Mar '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 03:49
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    I hope no-one's going to start whining because The Fox has an opinion... are they? He doesn't need to demonstrate a winning line. There's no forced line to checkmate here. Games are won because your opponent makes a mistake. For all we know, if the game were to continue Tactical Strategy might start moving his king back and forth until that pawn gets pro ...[text shortened]... d. He wouldn't I'm sure as I know from experience that he's a sneaky player... but still.
    I am very embarrassed. I mistakenly thought Fox had the white pieces, I completely agree with his position.
  11. Standard membervietasianfox45
    Intermediate Player
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 07:53
    Originally posted by bosintang
    Hi,

I think you accidentally accepted a draw offer from your opponent. If it's any consolation, I think if your opponent played 65..Bxf6!, taking the pawn, then that position really was drawn.

Opposite-coloured bishop endgames are almost always draws even when playing against lower-rated players with a pawn or two advantage.
    My opponent offered me a draw once and I made a move. He never offered it again. So, there was no way I could have accidentally clicked on accept draw.
  12. Standard membervietasianfox45
    Intermediate Player
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 07:55
    Originally posted by pimpsandwich
    I understand if he got jobbed then he deserved a chance to try to win the game. With that said please demonstrate a winning line. I don't see it. If it can be demonstrated, do so, otherwise accept nomination into the Whiner's Hall of Fame.
    Very funny. If the game can be reopened, I can't show you the winning line since TacticalStrategy may have counter moves for any of my moves and FORCE a draw. Therefore, I will not show the moves.
  13. Standard membervietasianfox45
    Intermediate Player
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 07:56
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    I hope no-one's going to start whining because The Fox has an opinion... are they? He doesn't need to demonstrate a winning line. There's no forced line to checkmate here. Games are won because your opponent makes a mistake. For all we know, if the game were to continue Tactical Strategy might start moving his king back and forth until that pawn gets pro ...[text shortened]... d. He wouldn't I'm sure as I know from experience that he's a sneaky player... but still.
    Thank you, Lubernick.
  14. Standard membervietasianfox45
    Intermediate Player
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 07:58
    Originally posted by pimpsandwich
    I am very embarrassed. I mistakenly thought Fox had the white pieces, I completely agree with his position.
    How would you know I am a sneaky player when we never ever played each other?? Unless you are using another user name to play me and use that one for other games!!

Yes, I have the white pieces.
  15. Standard membervietasianfox45
    Intermediate Player
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 07:592 edits
    I just saw the result of my group. TalonBoss won the group by ONE point because of the STUPID STIE MISTAKE!! If I win the game, I would be the group winner, not TalonBoss!! So, I AM VERY FURIOUS NOW!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree