1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 09:08
    Originally posted by National Master Dale
    I think its too much in a competitive market kinda way it would be Ok $39. 95 if there weren`t other more tempting options online.

I think ICC is best for folks who wish to pay and receive the best online chess possible.(arguably at least since a few others might be quite nice too).

This site is kinda good for correspondence though and the forums are good I think.
    I was there for a year and it had its good points but for me RHP is way better and the best I have seen to date.I really enjoy the hell out of this site. 🙂
  2. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 09:32
    It is a little expensive but my main problem is not having a credit card. Because they don't use debit cards - I'm out.
  3. Joined
    08 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 12:25
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    1) Wormwood beating Weyerstrass
    2) Greenpawn reinventing Chess History
    3) SwissGambit brilliantly sliming his way past 1500s
    4) Squelchbelch giving us a detailed guide on how to use metal detectors
    5) Nowakowski explaining his Chess Improvement Program
    6) Fat Lady being obsessed with chessplayers who are stronger than her
    7) Orion stalemating a newbie ...[text shortened]...
    10) Heinzkat trolling around and begging for recs

(This is going nowhere... stop it... Russ)
    Woodworm.....not Wormwood.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 12:413 edits
    Originally posted by philidor position
    most of what you get here for 40 and more is free at chess.com. Just stating a fact.
    No trouble with the discussion of other chess sites of course, but zero moves, posts promoting another site, AND links to the other site in your profile? 😠
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 13:254 edits
    Originally posted by Russ
    No trouble with the discussion of other chess sites of course, but [b]zero moves, posts promoting another site, AND links to the other site in your profile? 😠[/b]
    so what now, am I a spammer all of a sudden?😠

Edit: Whoa, you have deleted my profile just for giving a link to my blog on another site? The above post and the censor implies I'm a spammer and you don't have the right to do that. Either my profile remains untouched or I'm out of here.
  6. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 14:09
    Either my profile remains untouched or I'm out of here.
    You joined about six months ago and haven't made a single move. Were you really in here to start with?
  7. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 14:191 edit
    No trouble with the discussion of other chess sites of course, but [b]zero moves, posts promoting another site, AND links to the other site in your profile? 😠[/b]
    zero move but very active on the forum...
  8. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 15:18
    so what now, am I a spammer all of a sudden?😠

Edit: Whoa, you have deleted my profile just for giving a link to my blog on another site? The above post and the censor implies I'm a spammer and you don't have the right to do that. Either my profile remains untouched or I'm out of here.
    Oh no he di'in! SNAP!!
  9. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 15:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you dont get buckfast wine in Finland?
    not in a bar, no.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 15:49
    Originally posted by wormwood
    not in a bar, no.
    i dont even think you can get it in a bar here either! have you ever tried it, it has a consistency almost of strawberry jam and is marketed as a 'tonic wine', made by blackfriar monks in Devon, its drunk by Scottish neds, who lace it with amphetamines.!
  11. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 15:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i dont even think you can get it in a bar here either! have you ever tried it, it has a consistency almost of strawberry jam and is marketed as a 'tonic wine', made by blackfriar monks in Devon, its drunk by Scottish neds, who lace it with amphetamines.!
    I've wanted to try it since reading the excellent borschgrevink tournament report from blackpool 2007, but no such luck yet.

http://www.blackpoolchess.org.uk/games/borchgrevink_2007_games.htm
  12. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 17:003 edits
    Originally posted by acb123
    Woodworm.....not Wormwood.
    Its irony, look here...
    User 238298

IRONY.

Note to all players: the Nowakowski chess program is accepting all applications.
    Please PM your applications to heinzkat. Technical support issues should be sent by
    PM to Fat Lady. All payments must be made to our regional director, Swiss Gambit.

User 436601

-GIN
  13. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 17:22
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    Note to all players: the Nowakowski chess program is accepting all applications.
    Much to my surprise, your rapid improvement seems to have spluttered to a halt recently.
  14. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 18:00
    Russ censoring has Heinzkat's seal of approval
  15. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 19:00
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Much to my surprise, your rapid improvement seems to have spluttered to a halt recently.
    No halts. Just speed bumps.

Have you hit a road block? I see you don't even play on this site...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree