1. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 00:46
    Originally posted by philidor position
    so what now, am I a spammer all of a sudden?😠

Edit: Whoa, you have deleted my profile just for giving a link to my blog on another site? The above post and the censor implies I'm a spammer and you don't have the right to do that. Either my profile remains untouched or I'm out of here.
    Cya
  2. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 22:16
    Sterling versus the Dollar, at the moment it's quite a sum to pay I'm hoping there is a financial upturn for the City of London come May 2010. If not a star may go out in Manchester.
  3. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 23:59
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    I have to say that I don't think a charge of just under 11 cents a day is particularly steep. I think there are far too many internet users who expect to get absolutely everything for free.

Originally posted by PureRWandB
    You could say the same thing about Americans, especially with this economy and President
    I have to agree with you C J horse.
    It's not that expensive, if you're playing enough games that make it worthwhile.

I could go to another site and pay less, but then I would have to make new friends from scratch. This is my home, and I plan to stay.
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    23 Nov '09 03:13
    Originally posted by NorrisB
    Its a little steep, I just wanna a couple games and $40 seems a little steep what are your guys' thoughts?
    Over 3 years after joining , and making a massive 883 moves in that time you decide to moan about the subscription costs.

🙄
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Nov '09 14:44
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    Sterling versus the Dollar, at the moment it's quite a sum to pay I'm hoping there is a financial upturn for the City of London come May 2010. If not a star may go out in Manchester.
    You're fee though will be the fee you paid when you joined back in '07. As long as you still have an in date card registered on your account, your subscription will automatically register for the price when you joined on '07. Twenty or so dollars i believe.
  6. Chess Incubator
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 13:12
    it must be discounted to $30.00
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 14:56
    I've played at lots of other sites (nearly two dozen), and I paid $30 per year here for several. Although I'm no longer a subscriber, this is one of three that I log into most days. Now, I'm paying more at one and less at another. I spend $190 per year on chess memberships, including USCF. $40 seems steep, but remains far less than most of the competition. Only one site worth its salt costs less. I won't name it, but its owner/administrator sometimes posts in the forums here.
  8. Joined
    20 Mar '10
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 17:11
    Originally posted by NorrisB
    Its a little steep, I just wanna a couple games and $40 seems a little steep what are your guys' thoughts?
    well it is for a year so39.95 is good for one year
  9. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 23:12
    Originally posted by Goshen
    Mr. vipiu most of the info is collected from those living in the rural settlements, etc. which hardly represent the majority of the population.

I'm an african living in africa and your information doesn't reprsent the majority. Sure, I'm sure some people live like that, but most are beggars and the like.

50$ is like N6000 and the minimum wage here in Ni ...[text shortened]... ared to the rest of the world, but you can see that saying we earn 50$ a year is just dumb.
    Ok so the minimum wage is 10,000 a month.
    if $50 = N6000, then N10,000 = $(500/6) or approximately $83.33.
    Over 12 months this is about $1,000 per year for someone working on minimum wage. Now all we need to know is the unemployment rate (which I imagine is probably pretty high, or so I would imagine.
  10. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 23:19
    I just realized that replying to a comment on page 5 when there are 6 pages completely diminishes the flow of the conversation. sorry guys.
  11. Joined
    03 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 16:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Romania
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 02:23
    40$ is simply enormous for a site which offers no cheating protection. I pay 70$ per year at ICC and besides an adequate cheating policy, they have lots of video lessons.
  13. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 02:26
    In the three OTB tournaments I have played in since I started playing here last August, my USCF rating has gone up 125 points. I attribute much of that increase to playing on the site here.

I consider it money well spent, and wish I had done it sooner!

Paul
  14. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 03:13
    That has more to do with moving away from blitz, then the specific advantages of rhp?
    That being said, I don't think 40 bucks will break you for a good way to play CC.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree