1.d4 ? :(

1.d4 ? :(

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y

Moves
19 Jan 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
Yeah, I saw that suggestion by F9, and the second time e5 was tried against me I played 6.Qxd1+.
it's really similar to why black can't play 3. ...d6 in the scotch game

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. e4 d6?!
4. dxe5 dxe5
5. Qxd8+ +=

c

Moves
19 Jan 07

Originally posted by YUG0slav
it's really similar to why black can't play 3. ...d6 in the scotch game

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. e4 d6?!
4. dxe5 dxe5
5. Qxd8+ +=
Well, here's an update, I've played 4 games with the KID setup now (one got classified as A45 because white played like an idiot) and I've won all 4. So, I'm going to keep experimenting with it and see how things go.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
19 Jan 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
Well, here's an update, I've played 4 games with the KID setup now (one got classified as A45 because white played like an idiot) and I've won all 4. So, I'm going to keep experimenting with it and see how things go.
That's 100%! 😀 For what it's worth Radjabov frickin won again today. In a KID'ish game. He's an unstoppable force! 😀

c

Moves
19 Jan 07

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
That's 100%! 😀 For what it's worth Radjabov frickin won again today. In a KID'ish game. He's an unstoppable force! 😀
Yeah, he's insane, his play with it makes me a little more encouraged to use it too. He's absolutely destroying the bayonet attack and the move Ne6 right now.

t

Moves
19 Jan 07

If you like the French then 1.d4 e6 is an option. If 1.d4 e6 2.c4 occurs you can go for a sharp gambit line with 2..c5 or a slow positional build up with 2...b6. 2...Bb4+ is also possible if you want to trade of dark squared bishops, this is known as the Horwitz/Keres Defence. I hope that helps.

T

Moves
19 Jan 07

Originally posted by gaychessplayer
In his 1966 World Championship match with Tigran Petrosian, Boris Spassky played the above Black setup twice - and drew both games!
Drew two games with the Tiger?

No way!!!

Y

Moves
19 Jan 07

Originally posted by tonytone2
If you like the French then 1.d4 e6 is an option. If 1.d4 e6 2.c4 occurs you can go for a sharp gambit line with 2..c5 or a slow positional build up with 2...b6. 2...Bb4+ is also possible if you want to trade of dark squared bishops, this is known as the Horwitz/Keres Defence. I hope that helps.
er, he doesn't do the french, but 1. ...e6 is a great option for the positional players vs e4, d4, AND, c4

T

Moves
19 Jan 07

Originally posted by c guy1
phhhht you thinkthe KID is oncompromising, then you should see the dutch leningrad. Current theory says that this opening (Dutch Leningrad) is for the most part the KID with +1 tempo. Besides, doesnt pushing f pawns give you King Gambit players some sick, twisted joy inside anyways (I by the way fear pushing f pawns in any e4 game, but I for some reason fee ...[text shortened]... h it in this one). Give it a shot, if you don't like it, try the Classical dutch or Stonewall.
I would totally recommend the classical dutch. I play 1. f4 so am very at home with the positions it produces.

1 point to make. If you are comfortable with the french defence it is better to answer 1. d4 with e6 rather than f5. That way you can side-step a lot of anti-dutch second moves for white. 95% you will get white playing 2. c4 but occaisonally you will get 2. e4 hence the need to be comfortable with the french.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
20 Jan 07

Originally posted by YUG0slav
attack what e-pawn????

and e5 was playable without Nbd7

maybe it's just an obscure line I don't know
Notice how the Knight moves to c5 afterwards?