1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 14:14
    Originally posted by @sundown316
    Somebody tell Ding Liren that you don't win tournaments by drawing all of your games!
    He is far too predictable as white imo. Great player though. A lot of those draws were not easy! Rounds one a two in particular stick out for me. Both Aronian and Caruana went after him but he was solid as a rock!
  2. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 21:46
    Caruana and Mamedyarov both lost in Round 12, so Fabiano and Karjakin are now tied with 7 pts.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 09:29
    What did i say about Karjakin? All of a sudden he is tied for the lead with a better tie break! Mark Crowther said it best when he said he thinks Karjakin has the best nerves. His game against Caruana was super accurate!
  4. Joined
    26 Jan '18
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 12:35
    Originally posted by @marinkatomb
    What did i say about Karjakin? All of a sudden he is tied for the lead with a better tie break! Mark Crowther said it best when he said he thinks Karjakin has the best nerves. His game against Caruana was super accurate!
    I had him down as 2nd favourite, wasnt looking good after 1st 3 games but looking very strong now. Results in other games helping him too. Ill admit I got my main favourite very wrong...Shame for him (
  5. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    27 Mar '18 00:06
    Last round tomorrow-Fabiano leads by half a point.
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    27 Mar '18 06:51
    It's all about nerves now. I think Karjakin can beat Ding (he single handedly defeated the entire Chinese team a couple of years ago when they had a match with Russia). Only question is, can Caruana win with black against Grischuk? I think it's do-able, but the nerves will be a giggling, no doubt about it! What a finish we have lined up!! 😀
  7. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    28 Mar '18 00:10
    Congrats to Fabiano Caruana, winner of the Candidate's Tournament and new challenger to Carlsen.
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    28 Mar '18 08:44
    Originally posted by @sundown316
    Congrats to Fabiano Caruana, winner of the Candidate's Tournament and new challenger to Carlsen.
    Yes well deserved! He showed real class in the last two rounds.
  9. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    28 Mar '18 15:53
    are we tired of Magnus being at the top ? *I am..so lets have a NEW Champion Fabio !!! in November, it will be done !
  10. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    29 Mar '18 10:43
    Originally posted by @ogb
    are we tired of Magnus being at the top ? *I am..so lets have a NEW Champion Fabio !!! in November, it will be done !
    I just want the match to be competitive. Caruana doesn't fear Carlsen, which is good. He's beaten him quite a few times, so one would hope that the match will be close. Just so long as we don't get 12 consecutive draws i'll be happy. Not really fussed about who wins in all honesty, just so long as they do it in the right spirit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree