A little help explaining this draw?

A little help explaining this draw?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You are the only one here making insinuations and reading tones on valid questions about a game that ended in a draw.

I'm still wondering how this situation was 'solved' in your mind when you found out the 2 people are related.

Well? What is it about 2 people being related that explains a draw against a higher rated player when the lower rated player is a pawn down?

P-
What are you implying? That they are witches?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
What are you implying? That they are witches?
What are you insinuating? That I am implying that they are witches?

Who are they?

Hmmmmmm?

P-

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You are the only one here making insinuations and reading tones on valid questions about a game that ended in a draw.

I'm still wondering how this situation was 'solved' in your mind when you found out the 2 people are related.

Well? What is it about 2 people being related that explains a draw against a higher rated player when the lower rated player is a pawn down?

P-
I can agree that Red Night started to act aggressive in this thread. Perhaps he is trying to defend his clan member Lolette (not first time) against imaginary accusations.

Explanation "The game was drawn because the oponent is his son" clears nothing - there are 2 main questions:

1) How can she know that?
2) Is relationship reason for offering/accepting draw in playable position?

Talking about that game:
In my opinion white has more than enough compensation for their pawn due to bishop pair and unsafe black king. Maybe Seadevil didn`t like his position and he could not find plan how to play for win or maybe even did afraid to lose much lower rated player.

L
5. f3

Moves
27 Sep 07

wtf is you problem? anything i write you say its accusation moron??

- LoLLe

L
5. f3

Moves
27 Sep 07

Date: Sep 26 2007 15:13
Subject: Hello to you

Hi seadevil. I was wonder why you draw this game Game 3003283?

Did you feel you opponent was to use engine? I just see this game in "Only chess" forum under "
A little help explaining this draw?"

Sorry if i waste you time no need to reply with me if you dont want.

thanxx
LoLLe

Date: Sep 26 2007 21:06
Subject: RE : Hello to you

this game was drawn because my opponent is my son :-)

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by Lolette
wtf is you problem? anything i write you say its accusation moron??

- LoLLe
Who did accuse you???

L
5. f3

Moves
27 Sep 07

And yes if you have son/brother/sister whatever, yes 100 yes i will "draw" and play friendly rated or not rated with him or her.

- LoLLe

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
27 Sep 07

Did you feel you opponent was to use engine? I just see this game in "Only chess" forum under "

thanxx
L ...[text shortened]... :06

OK. No more questions.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
27 Sep 07

And yes if you have son/brother/sister whatever, yes 100 yes i will "draw" and play friendly rated or not rated with him or her.

- LoLLe
Not everyone would do that. Especially in competition when you should win to reach good result.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by Korch
I can agree that Red Night started to act aggressive in this thread. Perhaps he is trying to defend his clan member Lolette (not first time) against imaginary accusations.

Explanation "The game was drawn because the oponent is his son" clears nothing - there are 2 main questions:

1) How can she know that?
2) Is relationship reason for offering/accepting ...[text shortened]... ld not find plan how to play for win or maybe even did afraid to lose much lower rated player.
I agree that White has compensation for the pawn; in addition to the factors you mention, Black's pawn structure is a mess.

I just don't see how this position is drawn. Certainly there's a lot of play here. Also SeaDevil has a very low percentage of draws; only 4.5%. It's puzzling why he would agree to one here.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
27 Sep 07

I agree that White has compensation for the pawn; in addition to the factors you mention, Black's pawn structure is a mess.

I just don't see how this position is drawn. Certainly there's a lot of play here. Also SeaDevil has a very low percentage of draws; only 4.5%. It's puzzling why he would agree to one here.
Why do you think that position must be deadly drawish to offer/accept draw?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07

thanxx
L ...[text shortened]... :06

Do you know what the "P" in "PM" means? Did you get permission to post this in the Forums?

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
27 Sep 07

Do you know what the "P" in "PM" means? Did you get permission to post this in the Forums?
Some people (including myself) did ask her to explain how she knows that Seadevil and his opponent are relatives.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07

Why do you think that position must be deadly drawish to offer/accept draw?
Why do you think that positions don't have to be drawish to offer/accept draw?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07

Some people (including myself) did ask her to explain how she knows that Seadevil and his opponent are relatives.
So? He still should have gotten permisson from SeaDevil before posting a PM in the Forums.