A little help explaining this draw?

A little help explaining this draw?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L
5. f3

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by Korch
Not everyone would do that. Especially in competition when you should win to reach good result.
Even for your son? You are father now, i sure if your son ask for a draw you will give him. why not? and plus you should see that he didnt do this usual, and why he accept friendly game from low rated 😕

- LoLLe

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
Why do you think that positions don't have to be drawish to offer/accept draw?
There can be many situations in which I may offer/accept draw in positions which are not drawish.

For example:
1)When I`m tired (in OTB)
2)When I have too many games in progress (in RHP)
3)When I`m thinking that my position is worse.
4)When I have enough with draw to make good place in tournament (or make my team to win team match).

L
5. f3

Moves
27 Sep 07

So? He still should have gotten permisson from SeaDevil before posting a PM in the Forums.
I defend the person, because of what peope like you think. If you see my first post in this thread i just say "he is his son" but you guys start the whine. So many people post PMs here in forum without any permission stop picking on something.

- LoLLe

N

The sky

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by Lolette
Even for your son? You are father now, i sure if your son ask for a draw you will give him. why not?
Why?

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
27 Sep 07

Even for your son? You are father now, i sure if your son ask for a draw you will give him. why not? and plus you should see that he didnt do this usual, and why he accept friendly game from low rated 😕

- LoLLe
Actually my son has only 5 months - so I dont have this dilemma (at least for a while).

I think that I would accept draw from close friend/relative (which is weaker than me) only in extraordinary cases - because he/she wont have motivation to develop his skills if stronger opponents wont try to overplay him/her.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07
1 edit

There can be many situations in which I may offer/accept draw in positions which are not drawish.

For example:
1)When I`m tired (in OTB)
2)When I have too many games in progress (in RHP)
3)When I`m thinking that my position is worse.
4)When I have enough with draw to make good place in tournament (or make my team to win team match).
None of those apply here. If he has a chess related reason, I'd like to hear it.

EDIT: You also draw in about 15% of your games, more than 3 times the rate SD does.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07

I defend the person, because of what peope like you think. If you see my first post in this thread i just say "he is his son" but you guys start the whine. So many people post PMs here in forum without any permission stop picking on something.

- LoLLe
Again, what does the "P" mean in "PM"?

L
5. f3

Moves
27 Sep 07

Again, what does the "P" mean in "PM"?
Private now shutup

M

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You are the only one here making insinuations and reading tones on valid questions about a game that ended in a draw.

I'm still wondering how this situation was 'solved' in your mind when you found out the 2 people are related.

Well? What is it about 2 people being related that explains a draw against a higher rated player when the lower rated player is a pawn down?

P-
The lower rated player was actually a pawn up. Apart from that I agree: them being related (if that is the case at all) does not explain anything. And questioning the way this ended is by no means an accusation (nor it is an implied one).

Did anyone ask the players for an explanation?

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
27 Sep 07

None of those apply here. If he has a chess related reason, I'd like to hear it.
I did not say that these are all possible reasons - I gave you only some typical examples.

I really dont understand what are you worried about???

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by Mephisto2
The lower rated player was actually a pawn up. Apart from that I agree: them being related (if that is the case at all) does not explain anything. And questioning the way this ended is by no means an accusation (nor it is an implied one).

The lower rated player is a pawn down.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Sep 07

I did not say that these are all possible reasons - I gave you only some typical examples.

I really dont understand what are you worried about???
See my first post on page 1.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by Mephisto2
Read the whole thread more carefully and you will see that Lollette gave reason and did explain how does she know that.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
27 Sep 07
1 edit

See my first post on page 1.
About position: I have told that in my opinion this position is better for white.
About rating: No idea. I dont know this rating system too well so i cant say isn`t it bug.

M

Moves
27 Sep 07
1 edit

Read the whole thread more carefully and you will see that Lollette gave reason and did explain how does she know that.
I stand corrected to you and n°1 on this (I mean the responses to my posts). My brain must have been too busy playing unrated setup games with friends to avoid rating corruptions.