1. Joined
    31 Jan '12
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 06:40
    Well, I don't like it! (and that's being overly polite!)

Why, for pity sake is it now only possible to move two pieces in conditional move setting?? What a ridiculous backward step that is!
    It has annoyed me so much I will likely not play here in future.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 06:50
    Originally posted by silverbacked
    only possible to move two pieces in conditional move setting??
    Please provide more details, this sounds like a bug.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '12
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 07:191 edit
    I click on conditional moves & it says position 1 of 1, then I move a piece and it says 2 of 2, I move opponents piece & it says 3 of 3. I can then not move anymore pieces.

Also when i go to conditional moves there is one of each piece in each colour underneath the game board. What's THAT all about!??!
  4. rebel city
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 07:32
    If I may say, I don't like this update at all. It is messy and confusing, the site overall does not look nice. I much prefer the previous site where I have been playing for years. Is it possible to return to the old RHP? Thanks.
  5. SubscriberRooksandHooks
    rookorbycrook
    Solihull
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 07:37
    Easy...... alright russ love what you have done here.... mate can you tell me iphone 4s users using the rhp app games wont load im on safari 6 do i need to use a different browser?? but like what you have done here.......
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '12
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 07:44
    OH FFS, It won't even let me move one pice now! Grrrrrrrr 🙁
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 07:471 edit
    Originally posted by rookorbycrook
    Easy...... alright russ love what you have done here.... mate can you tell me iphone 4s users using the rhp app games wont load im on safari 6 do i need to use a different browser?? but like what you have done here.......
    I'll be looking at the iPhone web app shortly - others have noted that it is not working since the update. By the end of today, most issues like this will be resolved. Timeouts have been suspended in the meantime.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 07:47
    OH FFS, It won't even let me move one pice now! Grrrrrrrr 🙁
    This is a little strange, anyone else?
  9. SubscriberRooksandHooks
    rookorbycrook
    Solihull
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 07:51
    @ silverbacked mate dont mean to have a go but would you use the feature conditional moves OTB ?? why are you so mad! its just chess its not like its the most important thing in life lol... you should go and put the kettle on and just relax dont let it annoy you
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 07:58
    its awesome, much faster and cleaner.
  11. rebel city
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 08:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its awesome, much faster and cleaner.
    Yes I agree, now that I have overcome the shock of the change in looks, I notice it is a lot faster.
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '12
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 08:14
    Originally posted by rookorbycrook
    @ silverbacked mate dont mean to have a go but would you use the feature conditional moves OTB ?? why are you so mad! its just chess its not like its the most important thing in life lol... you should go and put the kettle on and just relax dont let it annoy you
    I know it's not the most important thing in life but its annoying as I was really enjoying the games I was having and I use the feature all the time.
    (I don't know what OTB means)
    The kettle is on and I'll try to relax but it's like someone just broke my favourite toy! 😉
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '12
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 08:23
    Originally posted by Russ
    This is a little strange, anyone else?
    Am I the only one to experience this?

Who should I speak to for fixing the problem?
  14. In attack
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 08:52
    I know it's not the most important thing in life but its annoying as I was really enjoying the games I was having and I use the feature all the time.
    (I don't know what OTB means)
    The kettle is on and I'll try to relax but it's like someone just broke my favourite toy! 😉
    OTB = Over the board.

Initial view, wtf. View after 10 minutes, I quite like this layout..
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 09:111 edit
    Originally posted by Tabitha Marshall
    Yes I agree, now that I have overcome the shock of the change in looks, I notice it is a lot faster.
    I can't claim any significant speed increase with this update*, but now the update is done, we can now look at our long overdue hosting review.

Due to the age of our servers now, the update will be significant when it happens in next few months.

Edit : For just site rendering, yes, it is faster.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree