Call this an update?!

Call this an update?!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
The Chessicle

Scotland?

Moves
30 Apr 13

It's a bit of a shock after eight years to have the site suddenly change so much - but it's nice! I like it. Feels very teens, and not so naughties any more. 😀

r

Moves
30 Apr 13

Silky smooth upgrades love it well done RHP

r

cleveland ohio

Moves
30 Apr 13

Hey Russ and everyone, I love the new update! it was time for a change!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
There's a slight bug in that feature. If you drag the piece over it works fine.
Yeah, I just found that out. This update sucks if the analyze board doesn't work. How is anyone expected to play good chess?

Moves
01 May 13

Overall, I like the new look. Like any change it just takes a bit of getting used to. The old Public Games tab for a User has been replaced with View Games, so now you have a list rather than seeing the actual boards.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yeah, I just found that out. This update sucks if the analyze board doesn't work. How is anyone expected to play good chess?
Now that I have gotten more experience with the way this new analyze board works. I think I like the dragging method better, especially the idea of removing a piece by just dragging it off the board. More like a real board.

Moves
01 May 13

OK, so, ... my bad! I can do everything I want in 'Analyze Board. I hadn't used it before the upgrade. I going between Conditional moves & game history to work things out & now can do it all in AB! If thats different to before then its a great upgrade after all!
I apologise for my earlier rant......(did get a good thread going 'tho 😉 )

Moves
01 May 13

Is it possible to switch of the highlight of the last move? I used to just go to game history or analyze board, but they also seem to have move highlighting now. I find it a bit distracting: I can only look at the move not the position.

Moves
01 May 13

I like the new look as well, but I've found one issue. On a Surface RT or Pro, which both use IE 10, there is a scrolling issue. If I want to scroll the page, and I happen to touch the chessboard, the page will not scroll. (I assume the page interprets this as a possible piece move.). I have to specifically make sure that I touch someplace other than the board. Scrolling then works as expected. Not a big deal now that I know it, but it sure did confuse me for a while. 😃

Moves
01 May 13

It will take a bit of getting used to, but well done on a smooth transition and i'm sure after a couple of weeks noone would want to go back. 🙂

R

Kronoberg

Moves
01 May 13

Where's the "print board" button?

Moves
01 May 13

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
01 May 13
1 edit

Where's the "print board" button?

Missing in action.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by jertamev
I like the new look as well, but I've found one issue. On a Surface RT or Pro, which both use IE 10, there is a scrolling issue. If I want to scroll the page, and I happen to touch the chessboard, the page will not scroll. (I assume the page interprets this as a possible piece move.). I have to specifically make sure that I touch someplace other than the ...[text shortened]... xpected. Not a big deal now that I know it, but it sure did confuse me for a while. 😃
On Win 8 based devices, we need to intercept those fingers on the board to stop any move actions happening. The alternative is no drag and drop support for Win 8.

Zod the Infirm

Nirvana

Moves
01 May 13
1 edit

I'm sure there is more to the changes than meets the eye, but if it's not too much trouble, would it be possible at some stage for someone to investigate the issue where the screen is squashed in the middle with gaping gaps to each side? (On widescreen monitor).

I like some parts of the change but it'll be better when I haven't got a lonely central tiny screen centered 🙂

I'll still play here because let's face it - RHP is great 🙂