1. washington
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 07:36
    i think the 4 moves mate is the best opening ever...... if your plaing anyone under 1000
  2. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 09:37
    I think I can improve on this.

It is possible to checkmate your opponent in 2 moves. Yes really!!

1. f3 .. e4
    2. g4 .. Qh4++

Clever hey.

If he is a master I must now qualify as a Grandmaster!
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 09:40
    There's nothing wrong with that article. It's intended audience are people who can barely remember how to move the pieces. For those people, it's a nice little bit of advice.
  4. Joined
    29 Jun '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 10:56
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    There's nothing wrong with that article. It's intended audience are people who can barely remember how to move the pieces. For those people, it's a nice little bit of advice.
    In fact his description of what is supposed to be Scholar's Mate starts with an incorrect move by the Queen's Pawn[e4]. If you then follow his moves, the next has to be Bf4, followed by an illegal move by the Queen. Not really very good advice.
    Apart from all that, against anyone but a beginner, the attempt to play Scholar's Mate will soon lead to the loss of the initiatve.
    Personally, if I am teaching someone chess, or advising a beginner, I always show them 'Fool's Mate' and 'Scholar' Mate' and the counter moves before actually playing a game, so that they have a good chance of gaining the initiative against anyone who trys to play either of these well known traps against them.
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 11:22
    I like the advice that you shouldn't be afraid to get your heavy pieces out early, I agree with him - I think all my opponents should play like that...
  6. Sandwich Land
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 01:16
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I like the advice that you shouldn't be afraid to get your heavy pieces out early, I agree with him - I think all my opponents should play like that...
    lol

Recced
  7. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 01:25
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    masterbater.
    No, MasterMater.
  8. Joined
    18 Feb '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 01:51
    that post is crap
  9. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 02:16
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    I think I can improve on this.

It is possible to checkmate your opponent in 2 moves. Yes really!!

1. f3 .. e4
    2. g4 .. Qh4++

Clever hey.

If he is a master I must now qualify as a Grandmaster!
    Try World Champion!!!
  10. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 02:55
    Well hey, if you liked that bit of chessic information, you will love how he teaches you to write a law school esssay with his expert english knowledge at:

http://myeducationarena.com/

OHH! You can also learn how to homeschool from this pedagogical grandmaster.
  11. London
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 03:29
    Originally posted by prosoccer
    Well hey, if you liked that bit of chessic information, you will love how he teaches you to write a law school esssay with his expert english knowledge at:

http://myeducationarena.com/

OHH! You can also learn how to homeschool from this pedagogical grandmaster.
    His "advice" on first grade spelling has some of the worst sentance structure and syntax I've seen in a long time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree