Chess Scandal - the videos

Chess Scandal - the videos

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e4

Moves
11 Jun 13
1 edit

Hi Para Guy.

I went along with everyone else expecting him to be caught
at the next tournament after his amazing display.

But no.

Then he does again and again under the most careful scrutiny.
He is beating GM's at 10 seconds a move so I'm ruling out 3rd party assistance.

People who are playing him and and watching him cannot see what he is doing.

The match up's, the wild claims and vid evidence by Valeri don't
quite bear up under careful examnation.

But you want me to come out and say yes or no. I can't.

My head says he is - my heart says he is not.

My big reservation is his play in the tournament before 'he got good'.
It happened in the space of 10 days!
Something may be going on, it may be all a scam, a publicity stunt....
But until they find something and to date they have found nothing,
(he must be the most stared at player in the history of chess)
then what options do we have.

Hi Zygalski

Thank you.

Hi Woody.

I knew Ivanov lost that 115 mover, I knew it was not a 100% match up.

(we should lookng at the other lad who beat Ivanov if Ivanov is using a box.) 🙂

See how easy it is to get misled.

Dismiss Chessbase hype - they are only interested in selling their DVD's.
Look at the Andrew Martin link I gave that opened this thread.

Kevin Spraggett a World title qualifier, his say on the matter is also good.

There are a lot of people who are starting to think he may be on the level
or at least innocent until proven guilty.

You say he could beat Carlsen or Capablanca.
Without hurting any GM ego's he has yet to play and beat a big name
in the chess world. Time will tell if is cheating.

And if he is - how do we stop hs method from seeping down to the lower levels.

For your Lance Armstrong I give you Timothy Evans who was executed in 1950
for a crime he did not commit. He was pardoned in the mid 60's and Britain
abolished the Death Penalty.

U

Moves
11 Jun 13

Originally posted by tomtom232
Thats why jarheads shouldnt take an interest in words or their definitions, all they know how to do is shoot people, they have been persuaded, deserve death. Therin lies the difference, persuasion is an act carried out by a third party whereas being convinced comes from ones own thoughts.
The fact that I'm US Army notwithstanding....

tomtom is officially on record stating US Marines deserve death.

I don't even need to type anymore. I'll just sit back and watch tom own himself.

t

Moves
11 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
The fact that I'm US Army notwithstanding....

tomtom is officially on record stating US Marines deserve death.

I don't even need to type anymore. I'll just sit back and watch tom own himself.
Wow, just wow. Really? You suck that hard at reading? While there is a grammar mistake, it doesnt change the meaning of the statement.

You're all jarheads to me. To do the governments whim and kill those we have no business killing you must be hiding your head in a jar.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jun 13

Originally posted by woodypusher
I own a bridge over San Francisco Bay I will sell to TomTom or RJHinds at a fraction of it's worth...😉
Where is the game, numbnuts?

The Instructor

U

Moves
11 Jun 13

Wow, just wow. Really? You suck that hard at reading? While there is a grammar mistake, it doesnt change the meaning of the statement.

You're all jarheads to me. To do the governments whim and kill those we have no business killing you must be hiding your head in a jar.
While using the pronoun "they" to reference members of the military, you made a series of statements pertaining to subject (servicemembers), each of which were separated by commas. Among them was the standalone statement, "deserve death."

I read it just fine. Perhaps you suck at writing?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
11 Jun 13
1 edit

Tom - while I consider you a friend, and sympathize with your loathing of the horrors of war, I've got to say your previous post was a mess on many levels.

- It's not cool to blame the reader when you screw up a sentence. The word in bold is missing from your sentence:
"all they know how to do is shoot people who, they have been persuaded, deserve death".
That's a very important word that got left out, because without it, it is not clear who 'they' are - the Marines themselves, or the people killed by Marines.
- Then there is:
persuasion is an act carried out by a third party whereas being convinced comes from ones own thoughts.
...which is just wrong. If you are persuaded by a third party, they have convinced you. The words are synonymous in this case.
- Finally, there is the unfortunate derailment of the thread with the whole anti-war thing and the ridiculous stereotyping of service people. I'm not a fan of our wars either, but to say that some of the service people don't wrestle with their consciences over this stuff is naive at best.

U

Moves
11 Jun 13

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Tom - while I consider you a friend, and sympathize with your loathing of the horrors of war, I've got to say your previous post was a mess on many levels.

- It's not cool to blame the reader when you screw up a sentence. The word in [b]bold
is missing from your sentence: [quote]"all they know how to do is shoot people who, they have been p ...[text shortened]... e service people don't wrestle with their consciences over this stuff is naive at best.[/b]
In fairness to Tom, I provoked him by ribbing him about his favorite football team. That's serious business!

w
misanthrope

seclusion

Moves
11 Jun 13
3 edits

TomTom hasn't liked me since I came to the defense of another guy in another post. TomTom, and others, were calling the guy names and insulting his intelligence (surprise).

This other guy had said that he thinks Alabama could beat an NFL team (I assumed he meant lower-tier).

TT and others immediately jumped on the guy and ridiculed him. They said it would NEVER happen. I then pointed out that a team of college all-stars did beat the SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS a few times. There used to be an annual game. I also pointed out that college teams have beaten pro teams in baseball, our amateur team beat the mighty Soviets in Olympic Ice Hockey, and that a team of college players beat the GREATEST TEAM IN ANY SPORT IN HISTORY, the 1992 Olympic Dream Team in a scrimmage game.

In 1976 a 17-year old named Wilfred Benitez won the Jr Welterweight title against Antonio Cervantes...

He's had it out for me ever since 😉

w
misanthrope

seclusion

Moves
11 Jun 13

By the way, USArmyParatrooper, thank you for serving our country!

t

Moves
11 Jun 13

e4

Moves
11 Jun 13
2 edits

The post that was quoted here has been removed
"Tom Tom Turn Around" (and come back to us).

I did my bit for Queen and country. Radar OP/Anti Aircraft Gunner.
Spent most of my time watching blibs on a monitor waiting for the Russians to come.

Not quite true, spent most of time paying chess, reading Sc-Fi and
screwing anything that had a pulse.

Now I spend most of my time watching dips on a monitor sqabbling with each other.

I still play chess, all the good Sci-Fi has been written and I screw the
wife, though I have not felt a pulse for a couple of months now. 🙂

Now will you lot stop bickering and biting over war (how ironic) and let's
all get back to calling Borislav Ivanov a cheat!

...and stiop carrying on grudges from previous threads. You are behaving
like nornal adults, we are chess players - we shake hands before and at the
end of every game. Make it so with a thread in the Chess Forum.

U

Moves
11 Jun 13

Originally posted by woodypusher
TomTom hasn't liked me since I came to the defense of another guy in another post. TomTom, and others, were calling the guy names and insulting his intelligence (surprise).

This other guy had said that he thinks Alabama could beat an NFL team (I assumed he meant lower-tier).

TT and others immediately jumped on the guy and ridiculed him. They said ...[text shortened]... the Jr Welterweight title against Antonio Cervantes...

He's had it out for me ever since 😉
That WAS a ridiculous assertion. There are a few problems with your argument.

1. (Unless I'm mistaken, I had to look it up), those matches haven't been played since 1976. Pro football has changed dramatically since then, mainly, the massive amount of money that is involved in retaining top teir players, facilities, coaching and fitness trainers.

2. The starting line-up of a college all-star team would essentially be all first round draft caliber players. NO college football team is even remotely close to having that, not even a Nation Championship team. The National Champs, Alamama only had 3 players picked in the first, 1 in the second, 2 fourth, 2 5th and 1 drafted in the 7th round. That's only 9 players total, most of which won't even start right away, with a could possibly not even making a team. The reset of their entire team got no interest in the draft, and a few got longshot looks as undrafted free agents.

There's NO WAY Alabama even beats the Chiefs or Jags.

U

Moves
11 Jun 13

Typos in the last post due to iPhone.

Tom, lighten up. It's football, we are expected to talk crap. Truth be told the Seahawks are the only team I worry about right now. They are a very solid team and they are right in our division. Our number one receiver is out for the season, and our first game against the Seahawks are in the middle of that extreme home-field advantage noise box.

Back to the OP that guy is a cheater cheater pumpkin eater.

e4

Moves
11 Jun 13
1 edit

How about taking this American Football stuff to the sports forum.

Anyway it's a stupid game, bunch of cissies all padded up.
Bare knuckle Rugby is the way that game should be played.
These guys don't wear girlie shoulder pads.

The Seahawks!.....you are having a laugh, The Giants.

(Borislav Ivanov is a Seahawks fan.)

S

Moves
11 Jun 13

I'm convinced Borislav Ivanov = RJHinds.