1. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 03:21
    Originally posted by cotoi
    That's clear! So that's why, in the games I saw, it appeared that engine assistance is used. I have a correction though to make: genuinely good modern CC players can have indeed very high match up rates with the moves of the engines, because everybody who plays CC nowadays checks his moves with an engine for tactical errors. In the past, when there were no eng ...[text shortened]... some mods. Probably there are untouchable persons too. Great! Not a good site to play for me.
    Checking moves or blunder checking is still cheating.

Your use of the word indeed, and other clues tell me who you are.
    Send me a game old friend anytime.
  2. Behind the computer.
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 03:53
    As far as I know the main CC sites (IECG, ICCF) allow engine assistance; I also know that there are a number of sites which only claim that they regulate cheating, while in fact they fail to do so.

Sure, you can choose to play CC without engine assistance, but given that your opponents will likely have at least a Rybka running on a laptop, you should not be very surprised that you lose all the games 🙂
    😲 Seriously?! Apparently I have more wins than losses against an engine then! Hmm, though I am confused why a 1600-1700 USCF player is beating Rybkas and stuff.. 😉
  3. Romania
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 13:51
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Checking moves or blunder checking is still cheating.

Your use of the word indeed, and other clues tell me who you are.
    Send me a game old friend anytime.
    You're wrong! I've never played on RHP and I don't have too many friends! Especially my friends don't play chess. For sure you mistake me for somebody else.

I asked about the cheating policy here because - for me - this is the most important thing for an online chess server. I wanted to know if RHP has a working, clear and coherent cheating policy. Given that I play already on ICC, I see absolutely no reason coming to a site where some cheating seems to be allowed and some cheaters are untouchable.
  4. Romania
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 13:53
    Originally posted by range blasts
    😲 Seriously?! Apparently I have more wins than losses against an engine then! Hmm, though I am confused why a 1600-1700 USCF player is beating Rybkas and stuff.. 😉
    I don't see any reason to use no engine assistance on a site which allows it. What I know is that many players who played postal chess in the past quit CC because of widespread engine usage.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 16:30
    I've just come to this site (I heard of it on ICC).
    I chuckled.

So which one is/was your other identity?
  6. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 18:19
    A couple things

1) ICC has correspondence chess.

2) Doubtful that ICC is better at dealing with engine users than Playchess.

3) RHP has less cheats. This is what I have concluded- I play on another site (not to be named) and there are literally thousands of players 2000+ with improbable win loss records and no OTB experience. Meanwhile documented Master's are sitting at sub 2k. Seems odd no?
  7. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 20:46
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    A couple things

3) RHP has less cheats. This is what I have concluded- I play on another site (not to be named) and there are literally thousands of players 2000+ with improbable win loss records and no OTB experience. Meanwhile documented Master's are sitting at sub 2k. Seems odd no?
    1) ICC correspondence sucks.
    2) ICC's cheat detection is the best in the business.
    3) I agree completely (in terms of correspondence-only sites).
  8. Romania
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 23:121 edit
    A couple things

1) Almost nobody plays CC on ICC
    2) Do you have an account there or you speak from what you heard from others? I played on playchess and I encountered many cheaters. A particular feature of playchess is that ALL the cheaters they catch are below 2000. Above 2000 there is no cheating detection procedure in place. By the way, do you know that if you switch the window focus 5 times on playchess, this is cheating? For them 🙂
    3) I don't care that other sites have more cheaters. It's their policy, it's their business, maybe they get profit from allowing many cheaters pretend to play fair.
  9. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 23:35
    You're wrong! I've never played on RHP and I don't have too many friends! Especially my friends don't play chess. For sure you mistake me for somebody else.

I asked about the cheating policy here because - for me - this is the most important thing for an online chess server. I wanted to know if RHP has a working, clear and coherent cheating policy. Given th ...[text shortened]... coming to a site where some cheating seems to be allowed and some cheaters are untouchable.
    I never said we met at RHP 😕
    *soundFX-Axe grinding*
  10. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 12:311 edit
    1) Almost nobody plays CC on ICC
    2) Do you have an account there or you speak from what you heard from others? I played on playchess and I encountered many cheaters. A particular feature of playchess is that ALL the cheaters they catch are below 2000. Above 2000 there is no cheating detection procedure in place. By the way, do you know that if you switch the it's their business, maybe they get profit from allowing many cheaters pretend to play fair.
    1) I agree that CC on ICC is not that great. But if you are already paying there...

2) I have had an account on ICC for the last 10 years. I also have played on Playchess since it went live. Going over my games post mortem I dont see much difference between playchess and icc. Maybe playchess has gotten worse recently, I don't play there as often now, but on % basis there are still too many cheats on both.

3) It does matter, unless you think you will find a site that has eliminated all cheats. In which case, you wont be playing CC.
  11. Romania
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 14:521 edit

3) It does matter, unless you think you will find a site that has eliminated all cheats. In which case, you wont be playing CC.
    Of course, nobody imagines that it is possible to eliminate cheating completely. But at least reduced to an acceptable level, where let's say all those who match the moves of Rybka like 90% are removed.
  12. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 16:23
    it would be nice...
  13. Romania
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 17:04
    OK, I got it! Thanks!
    I've just been banned from another site after asking why blatant cheating is tolerated and I thought it would be wise first to ask here before trying to play. And now that I'm clear, I see there is no point playing 🙂
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Mar '10 17:16
    OK, I got it! Thanks!
    I've just been banned from another site after asking why blatant cheating is tolerated and I thought it would be wise first to ask here before trying to play. And now that I'm clear, I see there is no point playing 🙂
    😵
  15. Romania
    Moves
    31 Mar '10 12:56
    I think that some of you understood something else ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree