1. Romania
    Moves
    01 Apr '10 00:25
    Originally posted by Tactics and Endgames
    How do you know they are cheating? because you lose?
    Simple: if you are an amateur and play, over many games, much better than any player in the history (including patzers like Alehin, Fischer or Kasparov), what do you believe? Incidentaly, "playing better" doesn't mean "finding good moves", but finding optimal moves, exactly the moves which would have been selected by an engine. I'm sorry, I don't believe in unknown geniuses out there, who play at 2700+ ELO and yet they don't even have an ELO.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '10 00:26
    Alekhine was no patzer.
  3. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    01 Apr '10 00:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    01 Apr '10 00:28

5. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    01 Apr '10 00:29
    Yeah, totally, but Kasparov and Fisher were.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '10 00:30
    LoL agreed.
  7. Romania
    Moves
    01 Apr '10 01:05
    Compared to the top players on the internet - who aparently are not engine users, or at least that is what the site owners claim - Kasparov, Fischer or Alekhine were patzers.
  8. Romania
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 03:07
    Originally posted by nimzo5

3) It does matter, unless you think you will find a site that has eliminated all cheats. In which case, you wont be playing CC.[/b]
    So, if you play CC it's likely that you'll play cheaters and of course you can use an engine as long as you take care not to match Rybka 100%?
  9. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 03:30
    1) yes, you will. It's psych 101. If you don't put a mirror in front of an unsupervised candy bowl on halloween kids will take far more than what they deserve.
    2) Your QQ will have more weight if you add something more to this community than complaining from a non-subscriber. You accomplish nothing. Go ahead fire up your rybka, your fritz, your firebird, your stockfish, exploit away until you get banned.
  10. Romania
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 04:03
    Originally posted by nimzo5

2) Your QQ will have more weight if you add something more to this community than complaining from a non-subscriber. You accomplish nothing. Go ahead fire up your rybka, your fritz, your firebird, your stockfish, exploit away until you get banned.[/b]
    Don't worry, I'll keep my matchup rate well below Weyerstrass or Atlantischess or others 🙂
  11. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 18:45
    Still around? I thought you said this site was terrible...
  12. Romania
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 19:46

13. Romania
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 19:57
    I didn't say it's terrible, it looks just like another site where engine assistance is theoretically forbidden but in fact it is allowed. I understood on chess.com that cheaters are vital for a chess server to survive. Because many of them pay for membership ...
  14. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 20:18
    Originally posted by orion25
    Still around? I thought you said this site was terrible...
    LOL, you beat me to that comment 😉
  15. Romania
    Moves
    13 Apr '10 00:39
    How can I see what players have been banned? I only know of two players being removed for cheating (ih8sens and cludi), since both of them play successfully on chess.com. It looks like the two sites exchange cheaters between them 🙂
    I also know that Cludi was a game moderator, so he was supposed to detect other users if they cheat or not. May I ask what qualifications are required to become such a moderator? On CTS, when he was solving tactics there, Cludi was about 1600. That means in real life he can't be over 2000 ELO.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree