1. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 15:57
    Originally posted by abnoxio
    Well apparently as a non-subscriber you can't get challenged if you have more than 6 games going on. I just tried. Take my advice, only play 1 day games, and dump them if they don't play. You have lost out on the opportunity to play a fast player, me. You can try to challenge me, but I'm not sure you can as a non subscriber. I'll offer a game in the open gam ...[text shortened]... subscription, it's 10 times cheaper than a night at Kon Tiki. Did I mention MUTI! go MUTI!
    i have no idea what a clan is
  2. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 16:34
    i apologise- being new to to internet conversation, i had no idea it was this vitriolic. thank you MissO & Couquette for trying to listen.
  3. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 18:43
    Originally posted by alviejr
    i apologise- being new to to internet conversation, i had no idea it was this vitriolic. thank you MissO & Couquette for trying to listen.
    Just ignore the ones that jump right at you and talk to the rest that do try to help or say something meaningful.

A lot of people don't want to play to someone with a provisional rating and therefore you get to play a lot of newcomers. From these newcomers a lot leave the site right away or have to get used to or learn the site and therefore move very slow.

Once you are not provisional anymore (completed 20 games) things should get better. As suggested earlier you can always challenge people. To help people not deleting your challenge, I advice you to send them a message first or send in game message with your first move. Also challenge people with a similar rating than yours, otherwise they might not want to play you.

Good luck.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 18:511 edit
    Originally posted by adje
    Just ignore the ones that jump right at you and talk to the rest that do try to help or say something meaningful.

A lot of people don't want to play to someone with a provisional rating and therefore you get to play a lot of newcomers. From these newcomers a lot leave the site right away or have to get used to or learn the site and therefore move very slow. ...[text shortened]... ople with a similar rating than yours, otherwise they might not want to play you.

Good luck.

He is the one who came in here accusing us of not playing chess. What else would we do on a chess site, chew bubble gum and drink beer? To top it off he said that chess.com rules, but I have been there and it is no good, it has some good ideas but it is too buggy for me and not at all easy to navigate like this site is. In short, he brought all the mistreatment upon himself.
  5. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 20:481 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    [b]Just ignore the ones that jump right at you and talk to the rest that do try to help or say something meaningful.

He is the one who came in here accusing us of not playing chess. What else would we do on a chess site, chew bubble gum and drink beer? To top it off he said that chess.com rules, but I have been there and it is no good, it has ...[text shortened]... all easy to navigate like this site is. In short, he brought all the mistreatment upon himself.[/b]
    Well, I like to look at it as a question and you as an accusation, that's the difference.

In my opinion he was just wondering why people started or accepted games and then would not move and how he could get real chess games. Maybe he said it in a wrong way or too strong, but even then there is no need to get all over him.

And as you say that people play of course chess here. That is true for members that have been around here for a longer period of time. But a lot of them don't play provisional players, so then you have a higher risk of bumping into people that don't play chess or abondon games.

By the way, chewing bubble gum and drinking beer never stopped me from playing chess here :-)

Adje
  6. Standard memberabnoxio
    M.U.T.I
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 20:56
    i have no idea what a clan is

Maybe you should explore the site and it's options before you start mouthing off in the forums.
  7. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 21:39
    In my opinion he was just wondering why people started or accepted games and then would not move and how he could get real chess games. Maybe he said it in a wrong way or too strong, but even then there is no need to get all over him.
    Well, I tried to explain to him how to find opponents that would move more quickly, and he came back with, "Yeah, but that still doesn't explain why nobody actually plays here."

You can't expect people to continually bend over backwards to be polite to you when you're just trolling.
  8. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 22:14
    Originally posted by incandenza
    Well, I tried to explain to him how to find opponents that would move more quickly, and he came back with, "Yeah, but that still doesn't explain why nobody actually plays here."

You can't expect people to continually bend over backwards to be polite to you when you're just trolling.
    You're right, now I read his answer to your post again, that sounds a little bit pig-headed to say the least.
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 02:021 edit
    The OP just didn't know anything, I'm playing him and he's fine now, I've given him the newbie info that just isn't readily findable by newbies ...

so let this thread just die, to spare his blushes .. 😛
  10. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 02:11

A lot of people don't want to play to someone with a provisional rating and therefore you get to play a lot of newcomers. From these newcomers a lot leave the site right away or have to get used to or learn the site and therefore move very slow. ...[text shortened]... ople with a similar rating than yours, otherwise they might not want to play you.

Good luck.
    i'm a p1200. my first 4 opponants on this site were p1200s, which is what started this thread (which accomplished its purpose- i'm playing, conversing, exploring; not having unlimited funds, i will choose one of many choices). thanks for the comment
  11. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 02:20
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    [b]Just ignore the ones that jump right at you and talk to the rest that do try to help or say something meaningful.

He is the one who came in here accusing us of not playing chess. What else would we do on a chess site, chew bubble gum and drink beer? To top it off he said that chess.com rules, but I have been there and it is no good, it has ...[text shortened]... all easy to navigate like this site is. In short, he brought all the mistreatment upon himself.[/b]
    if i offended you i apologize- i was only trying to get someone to play me (it worked!). as for chess.com, their analysis board shames redpawns'.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 02:22
    if i offended you i apologize- i was only trying to get someone to play me (it worked!). as for chess.com, their analysis board shames redpawns'.
    chess.com is a shame...
  13. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 02:25
    Originally posted by abnoxio
    im trying to. however, i haven't found a place that explains clans; no forum recommendations, please, until my skin has thickenrd
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 02:261 edit
    im trying to. however, i haven't found a place that explains clans; no forum recommendations, please, until my skin has thickenrd
    Guess what FAQ/Help stands for.
  15. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 02:32
    Originally posted by incandenza

maybe that is what you were trying to do, but that wasn't really my complaint- if you'll recall, i wasn't asking for people who moved quickly, i was asking for opponants who moved at all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree