1. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 02:35
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    The OP just didn't know anything, I'm playing him and he's fine now, I've given him the newbie info that just isn't readily findable by newbies ...

so let this thread just die, to spare his blushes .. 😛
    yes'em. so sorry
  2. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 02:44
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Guess what FAQ/Help stands for.
    sorry MissO, but one last one- i have no idea what a faq is. and, after decades of working w/computers as tools, most "help" options are worthless.
  3. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 03:00
    Originally posted by alviejr
    maybe that is what you were trying to do, but that wasn't really my complaint- if you'll recall, i wasn't asking for people who moved quickly, i was asking for opponants who moved at all.
    Well, I can tell you're not that bright, but surely it's obvious that "people who move quickly" would also fit into the category of "people who move at all"?

By all means, continue to refuse to read the Help. You don't know what Clans are? I'm sure looking at the entry called "Clans" that's right there under the Help button would be of no use whatsoever.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 03:08
    but one last one- i have no idea what a faq is. and, after decades of working w/computers as tools, most "help" options are worthless.
    FAQ = frequently asked questions - it's one of the options under the Help menu.

I'd agree that most Help files don't tell you what you really need to know - Microsoft has a lot to answer for in that respect.

I also think that RHP's FAQ needs a bit of work, but it's worth a read even as it is.
  5. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 03:20
    Originally posted by incandenza
    Well, I can tell you're not that bright, but surely it's obvious that "people who move quickly" would also fit into the category of "people who move at all"?

By all means, continue to refuse to read the Help. You don't know what Clans are? I'm sure looking at the entry called "Clans" that's right there under the Help button would be of no use whatsoever.
    bright and ignorant are not the same thing. thanks for the guidance- it helped some
  6. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 12:20
    i currently manage 10-12 games at a time & have finished c. 100, winning not quite 2/3. Chess,com is what really rules
    Did you join that site?

What is your username on that site - it will give us an idea of your playing level and you may find more people will challenge you.

As a newbie P1200 player a lot of people don't want to risk playing you in case they lose a heap of points to someone who is potentially say an 1800+ player.
  7. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 02:47
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Did you join that site?

What is your username on that site - it will give us an idea of your playing level and you may find more people will challenge you.

As a newbie P1200 player a lot of people don't want to risk playing you in case they lose a heap of points to someone who is potentially say an 1800+ player.
    alvinmcmath
  8. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 02:56
    alvinmcmath
    wait a minute-you're implying that, for some people, prestige is more important then fun. that's what i don't understand- if noone knows who you are, how can you gain prestige?
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 07:27
    it will give us an idea of your playing level and you may find more people will challenge you.

He's just beaten me - it was an even game so I'd put him in the 1000-1300 range.
  10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 12:59
    He's just beaten me - it was an even game so I'd put him in the 1000-1300 range.
    He is 1601 on the other site!

😛
  11. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 13:04
    He is 1601 on the other site!

😛
    The ratings can't be equivalent then - I get wiped out if I play a 1500, check out the game for yourself. Game 4553822
  12. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 13:59
    The ratings can't be equivalent then - I get wiped out if I play a 1500, check out the game for yourself. Game 4553822
    No offense but you got wiped out. I think he is upper than 1300 for sure. 1500ish maybe.
  13. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    22 Feb '08 21:23
    missO- i wipe noone out; i'm just tenacious (sp?). give me a pawn advantage & i'll head for the endgame
  14. Joined
    22 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '08 22:131 edit
    "does anyone here actually play " ?

- this is a 'correspondence' site - the idea being to use the internet to mimic the days of 'snail mail'

- that's why a player's flag appears in their profile
    - if somebody is from eg. brazil, you calculate how long it would take a letter to reach there - and, viola, that's how long you should take to move
    (moving faster than that is consided 'bad form' and a serious breach of protocol)

blah, blah
  15. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 03:35
    I was just trying to make you feel better about the loss 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree