does anyone here actually play?

does anyone here actually play?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Moves
28 Jan 08

4 open invites, 4 moves, & i've already won 3 games on time.

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
28 Jan 08

well usually a lot of new guys play a couple moves then never come back to the site.

that is especially true for non-subscribers.

Moves
28 Jan 08

Originally posted by alviejr
4 open invites, 4 moves, & i've already won 3 games on time.
Actually according to your profile you have not completed a game yet.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
28 Jan 08

Originally posted by KnightStalker47
Actually according to your profile you have not completed a game yet.
Further to that he has only made 6 moves over three games so how could he have completed 3 games ??

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
28 Jan 08

hmmm...interesting. 😕

a

Moves
28 Jan 08

how could i? i' the only one who ever moved

a

Moves
28 Jan 08

i didn't complete anything- only i of 4 even made a move, and he only did it four times before losing on time

Moves
28 Jan 08
1 edit

i didn't complete anything- only i of 4 even made a move, and he only did it four times before losing on time
He didn't lose on time a lose only counts if 3 moves have been made.

i

Moves
28 Jan 08

Since, as KnightStalker47 points out, a game doesn't count until 3 moves have been played on both sides, you can just trash the game if you feel the other guy is going too slow. You don't have to wait for him to actually timeout.

You can also check their profile and see if it looks like they move regularly. Again, if it looks sketchy just trash it (even if they responded to your open invite--the game still won't count before 3 moves).

a

Moves
28 Jan 08

that doesn't change the fact that only 1 person of four has even made a move w/in the 3 day time limit (game over; & you're right- no game equals no win)... but you haven't addressed my post- does anybody here actually play

IC

Moves
28 Jan 08

does anybody here actually play
I haven't noticed your move count increasing. 😕

i

Moves
28 Jan 08

that doesn't change the fact that only 1 person of four has even made a move w/in the 3 day time limit (game over; & you're right- no game equals no win)... but you haven't addressed my post- does anybody here actually play
Nope, you figured it out, nobody here actually plays.

Guess you'll have to move on to somewhere else.

a

Moves
28 Jan 08

i'm a newbie here- only 4 games started; haven't yet figured out how to check player profiles- but i will if you can convince me that there are any players here

a

Moves
28 Jan 08

how can it- i can't make two moves in a row

i

Moves
28 Jan 08

i'm a newbie here- only 4 games started; haven't yet figured out how to check player profiles- but i will if you can convince me that there are any players here
To check someone's profile just click on their name.

If you really want to play, trash your stalled games right away and start new ones. Don't sit around waiting for a month and then complain about it.