1. Joined
    05 Aug '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 14:11
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    You wouldnt say mate? I can imagine that could lead to some confusion if you stopped the clocks and left the board with no explination, some players might even try and reset the pieces and claim you were resigning.
    That's where the scoresheet proves it's usefulness 🙂

I don't think I've ever said anything other than "I'm getting a drink.You want something?"during a tournamentgame.
  2. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 14:58
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    You wouldnt say mate? I can imagine that could lead to some confusion if you stopped the clocks and left the board with no explination, some players might even try and reset the pieces and claim you were resigning.
    Mate ends the game so its irrelevant but I wouldn't just leave the board. I'd mate him, offer my hand, sign the score card, set up the pieces ready for the next game and head off (with him usually) to the analysis room.
  3. Standard memberthyme
    Undutchable
    was here
    Moves
    24 May '08 22:151 edit
    Originally posted by epic0002
    I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS WIERD THAT THE MOVE USUALLY CAME WITH AN EXPLANAITION.. EVEN IN TOUNAMENTS. BUT IN TWO YEARS ON RHP NOBODY HAS EVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT IT. DO PLAYERS USE IT ALOT ON HERE?
    I heard that.

Did you see this thread?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=94188&page=1
  4. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    25 May '08 01:27
    Game 5029058

Which prompted a message from my opponent via site mail.

I've used it 10 or so time on this site. Never in a real time tournament.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree