Moves
    12 Feb '08 17:17
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    User 387087 is obviously very good.
    Fixed. ๐Ÿ™‚
  3. The Hague
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 17:20
    Pity about all the tourneys he won. I came second in one of them, and I'm quite sure there are more with me who would've gotten the title instead ๐Ÿ˜‰
  4. Standard memberJonathanB of London
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    London
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 17:21
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Well we agree to differ then although I accept, of course, you could be right.

That said, if you ARE right then using an engine against your own father makes erice1 not just a plank (see my earlier comment) but a thoroughly vile plank.

If you're right I'd say it makes things much worse not better.
  5. Standard memberJonathanB of London
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    London
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 17:22
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    he was quoting jrice as saying that erice is the dad, I am pretty sure of this.
    I was pretty certain too! I suppose we can't both be right.

Anyway, let's say you are right... still don't think they're different people.
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 17:28
    And all those fast-moving 1-0 tourneys he "won". On the tournament scoresheets his name has been marked out and his score dropped to zero. Should his name also be removed as "tournament winner"?
  7. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 17:39
    Originally posted by cludi
    Public accusations are not allowed.
    Whether the accusations prove to be right or wrong doesn't really matter.
    The trouble is nothing is done unless the accusations are made public. In this case, within a day of erice1's thread about trying to join a real chess club he was gone. I believe this is because he became high profile due to all the public ridicule and none too subtle cheating accusations he received on that thread.

There's another, not quite so blatant but still obvious, cheat I reported back in November. He's still here, beating honest players, winning tournaments and wasting everyone's time.
  8. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 17:49
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    The trouble is nothing is done unless the accusations are made public. In this case, within a day of erice1's thread about trying to join a real chess club he was gone. I believe this is because he became high profile due to all the public ridicule and none too subtle cheating accusations he received on that thread.

There's another, not quite so blatant ...[text shortened]... r. He's still here, beating honest players, winning tournaments and wasting everyone's time.
    I can tell you that you're dead wrong here. erice1 was investigated long time ago and the "chess club thread" was therefore not part of the evidence against him.

I understand your frustration and I feel very much the same way as you do. But still admins have to balance things between quick action and certainty that a user is actually cheating beyond reasonable doubt.
  9. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 18:25
    So if he has been banned then I want my january hardcore tournament where I came second to him!!! I even got two draws - that was quite pleasing to know I was up against a strong engine and was able to hold it.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 18:32
    A 2300 player here must have a FIDE rating... what's his?
  11. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 18:521 edit
    Originally posted by Red Night
    3b
    I'm not surprised. The guy was struggling with 1400s a few months ago and played some games showing very little understanding. Then, in the next five months, he went to almost 2300. If ih8sens seemed impressive, this totally beats it.

If his level was 2300 from the beginning and his rating was being adjusted, it would not have been that surprising, but to start at 1300 and get to 2300 in less than half a year is pretty absurd. One would have to be more talented than all the top players today. It took them more than that to get from 1300 to just 2000 and even more to jump from 2000 to 2300, as it gets progressively harder. I realize the ratings don't completely correspond to RHP, but they give a good idea.

Still, we shouldn't assume that rapid risers are automatically cheaters. That is certainly not fair to a lot of honest players. Anyway, all this cheating is part of the reason I prefer OTB. ๐Ÿ™‚
  12. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leรถlรฉs ellenfeleim
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 19:07
    I played black against him last November. I thought he was rather good...

.. then I lost on timeout !
  13. back in business
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 19:17
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    So if he has been banned then I want my january hardcore tournament where I came second to him!!! I even got two draws - that was quite pleasing to know I was up against a strong engine and was able to hold it.
    Is it you or someone who looks like you who had offered him a space in your chess club based on his phenomenal results in the deleted thread?
  14. Joined
    20 Apr '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 19:18
    I have a couple questions regarding accusations and banning.

1. If you say this is the most blatant use of engines; are you employing an engine yourself to prove your forum bluster? It would appear that the vast majority here that cry engine use are users themselves?

2. Does RHP have any system, and it doesn't, to associate analysis time here? What I am saying is who uses the RHP analysis board the most?

3. ICCF, FICGS, implicitly allow engine use, does this mean they win every game, not even close. 98% of other CC sites have a tacit agreement that engine use cannot be proved.

4. I think more time by the majority should be used for study, learning, and the hard work it requires to become a better player then worrying about whether the opposite is an engine user, Chess is mental torture, at least for me. And why doesn't anyone ever suspect Weyerstrass or Akizy of engine use?

5. Aren't the majority of forum posters on this subject lower rated and aren't they interested in the higher rated opinions here, Cludi excluded? Because the higher rated are more concerned with getting on with the game and the mechanism of making moves and playing chess!
  15. back in business
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 19:23
    Originally posted by serigado
    A 2300 player here must have a FIDE rating... what's his?
    Where is he going to get a rating if he has never set foot in a chess club? You should have read the other thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree