Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 15 Apr '07 19:10
    Game 2405768

why did Everyday resign?
  2. 15 Apr '07 19:16
    Originally posted by EmLasker
    Game 2405768

why did Everyday resign?
    He didn't resign. He was timed out.
  3. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    15 Apr '07 22:16
    damn it. I resigned 4 days prior to this timeouts. we would've tied for the next round in the star trek tournament.
  4. Standard member Korch
    Chess Warrior
    15 Apr '07 22:20
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    He didn't resign. He was timed out.
    Yes - in last time he have no time for his many games. I have timeouted him once, but in that game my position was winning anyway.
  5. 15 Apr '07 22:49
    Does anyone know EveRyDay's real name?
    I'm guessing he must be at least a FM to play 200+ games, making 2000+ moves per month at his level.
  6. 15 Apr '07 22:54
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    No way!
  7. Standard member Hindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    15 Apr '07 23:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by EmLasker
    Game 2405768

why did Everyday resign?
    He was timed out whilst he was in Hospital recovering from an operation. Some users will go to any length to protect a 100% unbeaten record....
  8. 16 Apr '07 00:23
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    He was in Hospital recovering from an operation. Some users will go to any length to protect a 100% unbeaten record....
    I'm pretty sure timeouts in tournaments are taken automatically after a certain amount of time in order to not slow down the process. So, she may or may not have clicked the skull.
  9. Standard member Korch
    Chess Warrior
    16 Apr '07 04:33
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I have been played with him and I still have games in progress against him and I can say for sure - he is not cheater.
  10. 16 Apr '07 04:43
    I've not played him yet. For what it's worth, I also believe he is the real deal.
  11. 16 Apr '07 12:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by DawgHaus
    I also believe he is the real deal.
    Me too, from reading many of his posts I think he's genuine (I can't say for sure as I don't know him), just happens to be a very good chess player. There should be some forum bans being dished out for some of the accusations that have been made, without proof.

The offending posts should be deleted too, calling someone a cheat isn't much worse than cheating yourself, especially when you don't have a clue.
  12. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    16 Apr '07 12:43
    Originally posted by TheGambit
    Me too, from reading many of his posts I think he's genuine (I can't say for sure as I don't know him), just happens to be a very good chess player. There should be some forum bans being dished out for some of the accusations that have been made, [b]without proof.

The offending posts should be deleted too, calling someone a cheat isn't much worse than cheating yourself, especially when you don't have a clue.[/b]
    there are forum rules which state that no-one should accuse anyone of cheating in the forums - if you feel that someone has done so then the post should be reported to the mods

as a subscriber you should have an "alert" option for each post
  13. 16 Apr '07 12:50
    Originally posted by MCA
    as a subscriber you should have an "alert" option for each post
    You calling me a grass!?

It's been said now though, may as well leave it there for the record?
  14. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    16 Apr '07 12:56
    Originally posted by TheGambit
    Me too, from reading many of his posts I think he's genuine (I can't say for sure as I don't know him), just happens to be a very good chess player. There should be some forum bans being dished out for some of the accusations that have been made, [b]without proof.

The offending posts should be deleted too, calling someone a cheat isn't much worse than cheating yourself, especially when you don't have a clue.[/b]
    I've played him a number of games. Found him friendly and he totally out played me but I didn't get that feeling I get against an engine, that no matter what I do, I have no chance.

Despite our rating difference I felt that had I just played a little better I could have got a favorable result as some of his moves were not best - they were just better than mine!
  15. Forum Moderator
    16 Apr '07 13:00
    some forum bans being dished out for some of the accusations that have been made, without proof.

Forum bans are indeed being applied. Please remember that cheating accusations are not welcome in the forums, and that any concerns should be sent to the game moderators (a list of whom can be found from the 'volunteers' tab on the 'site map' screen).