Everyday

Everyday

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
18 Apr 07

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
I think suspicions were raised in this thread Thread 59689
that just seemed strange things for such a strong player to post.
Maybe it was a language thing?
Anyway, it seems to have stopped one of the strongest players on RHP from posting in the open forums which I think is a great shame.

eg:
"No I tell you it's my way. I try ever ...[text shortened]... e to. But on the home pcs you own now, they'll never stand up to a master's level."
So? What was suspicious? About trying everything? Then you need to suspect me too, because I`have tried to play different openings (especially playing in RHP).

About his "engine" texts - Look at my discussion with z00t in this thread. I have said what I`m thinking about it.

S

Moves
18 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Korch
So? What was suspicious? About trying everything? Then you need to suspect me too, because I`have tried to play different openings (especially playing in RHP).

About his "engine" texts - Look at my discussion with z00t in this thread. I have said what I`m thinking about it.
Don't GM's, IM's & FM's tend to have repertoires, especially if they play 200+ games at the same time?

Also, haven't I read on here many many times that tactically Fritz could wipe the floor with pretty much anyone?
I know that Kramnik & Kasparov can beat it but even then they struggle.

z

Moves
18 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by DawgHaus
Presumably, this will be your entry for this year's Irony Awards?
*yawns* This discussion has been held many times before, in fact the likes of Korch used to report it and it used to be deleted till I moved the discussion to my blog. I don't have a problem with everyday or dragonfire or anyone else.

My problem is with the legitimacy/illegitimacy of the claims made.

It is 10 years since Kasparov lost to Deep Blue, but even Kasparov would not make some of the claims made on this forum.

R

Moves
18 Apr 07

Don't GM's, IM's & FM's tend to have repertoires, especially if they play 200+ games at the same time?
Seadevil has a pretty wacky assortment of openings. Check out some of his Grob games against 2000+ opposition.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
18 Apr 07
2 edits

Also, haven't I read on here many many times that tactically Fritz could wipe the floor with pretty much anyone?
I know that Kramnik & Kasparov can beat it but even then they struggle.
Actually it depends on each player (indifferent from class) individually how extensive opening repertoire he/she have. For example my opening repertoire which I use in OTB tournaments is (in my opinion) narrow and I`m trying to make it more extensive here - in RHP.

Main advantage of engine is that it never gets tired, he have no emotion and nerves, he never blunders and all games plays in measured level. Also engine have opening databases which allows him not to think in opening. These qualities are more important in OTB play - in CC it is not so significant.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
18 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by z00t
It is 10 years since Kasparov lost to Deep Blue, but even Kasparov would not make some of the claims made on this forum.
After that match Kasparov claimed that during the game Deep Blue had human assistance.

Kasparov always had problems to confess that someone can play better than he does. For example - after match against Kramnik in 2000 he did not confess that his opponent played better.

D

Moves
18 Apr 07

Actually I wasn't commenting on the thread topic.

I was merely amused by the universal assertion that no one can issue universal assertions.

z

Moves
18 Apr 07

Originally posted by DawgHaus
Actually I wasn't commenting on the thread topic.

I was merely amused by the universal assertion that no one can issue universal assertions.
Yeah there are no "sacred cows" no stone must be unturned ... the truth is out there. I sound like Agent Scully in the X-Files.

c

Moves
19 Apr 07

Yeah there are no "sacred cows" no stone must be unturned ... the truth is out there. I sound like Agent Scully in the X-Files.
It appears that my forum ban is over. 🙂

z

Moves
19 Apr 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
Welcome back! Did you gain a few rating points at PlayChess?I saw a game you'd posted where you missed Nxf3 and then Qxg5. I had an amazing run of 15 consecutive wins but squandered those points the following days. Otherwise I'd be knocking on Short's & Nakamura's door if I did that for a week.

c

Moves
19 Apr 07
1 edit

Welcome back! Did you gain a few rating points at PlayChess?I saw a game you'd posted where you missed Nxf3 and then Qxg5. I had an amazing run of 15 consecutive wins but squandered those points the following days. Otherwise I'd be knocking on Short's & Nakamura's door if I did that for a week.
I've been too busy to play chess actually - I've had two away lacrosse games, so my schedule looks like this for the last two days:

6:20AM Wake up
6:50AM leave for school
2:15PM get home
3:00PM Leave for lacrosse
10:00-10:30PM get home from lacrosse.

😕

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
19 Apr 07
1 edit

a). Originally posted by cmsMaster

b). Originally posted by cmsMaster
I've been too busy to play chess actually - I've had two away lacrosse games, so my schedule looks like this for the last two days:

6:20 Wake up
6:50 leave for school
2:15 get home
3:00 Leave for lacrosse
10:00-10:30 get home from lacrosse.

😕
a). Why were you banned from the forum?

b).
11.00pm - 3.00am Play Chess
3.00 - 6:20 Sleep 😴

c

Moves