1. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 18:511 edit
    Originally posted by z00t
    You cannot take the moral high ground because someone is your buddy or countryman. Unless you know a players history, OTB rating , online chess etc you are not in a position to make such assertions.

Look at the post I gave in reply to Tebb, where a well known player who has won an event in St Petersburg was booted for cheating at PlayChess. Anyone could say z is a strong OTB player" but not be able to explain the "computer moves" in that situation.
    Why do you think that he is my buddy or counterman? He isnt.

I have been played against engines and due to my experience I see that Everyday`s moves are "human-like". Also I analysed my 2 finished games against him with my engine and it made me sure that he is not cheater.

And you cant forbid me to express my opinion.
  2. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 19:312 edits
    Originally posted by Korch
    ....And you cant forbid me to express my opinion.
    Funny you are now talking of "your opinion" yet you stated "I can say for sure". Perhaps you should have stated "In my opinion" and no one would have batted an eyelid.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Having said that no one is in a position to make universal assertions or to declare anyone on this site a sacred cow. As you have probably heard before The Truth is Out There.
  3. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 19:35
    Funny you are now talking of [b]"your opinion" yet you stated "I can say for sure". Perhaps you should have stated "In my opinion" and no one would have batted an eyelid.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Having said that no one is in a position to make universal assertions. As you have probably heard before The Truth is Out There.[/b]
    Your nit-picking is amazing 😀

Words "I` can say for sure" means that you need serious proofs to change my opinion that Everyday is not cheater 🙂
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 19:46
    Your nit-picking is amazing 😀

Words "I` can say for sure" means that you need serious proofs to change my opinion that Everyday is not cheater 🙂
    Its your nit-picking that is amazing making a statement "I can say for sure" and later stating "In your opinion". You had one eye open to see the "insults" I was alleged to have made but the other closed to see the insults directed at me. You stated in that thread "I have alerted your posts" then changed your mind to "I did not only alert your posts". What do they call spin-doctors in Latvia?

Also just for the record, can you state for sure or in your opinion whether players can claim to see tactics that Fritz cannot? Can you state for sure or in your opinion whether players can claim to have an ICC account for spectating if one is as good as Nakamura?
  5. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 20:21
    Its your nit-picking that is amazing making a statement "I can say for sure" and later stating "In your opinion". You had one eye open to see the "insults" I was alleged to have made but the other closed to see the insults directed at me. You stated in that thread "I have alerted your posts" then changed your mind to "I did not only alert your posts". What do t ...[text shortened]... players can claim to have an ICC account for spectating if one is as good as Nakamura?
    You are really amazing

My text was "Did I say than I have been alerted moderators only for your posts?" - and it means that I have been alerted moderators also for others posts.

Everyday`s statement was: "in tactical positions I see the threats faster than them [he means engines] - if they even see some of the sacrifices I play".

So he claimed that in tactical positions he is seeing tactic faster than engine. It does not means that engine does not see it at all - simply it takes more time.

He exaggerates a little, but main idea is right - some kind of tactics experienced and strong human player can find faster than engine due to intuition.

Also he claims that engine cant see some of his sacrifices.

Its not surprising - engine can have real problems to find some kind of sacrifices, especially positional sacrifices.

So my advice to you - learn to read. 😀
  6. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 20:43
    Now your changing "Tactics" to "positional sacrifices"? And someone good at "positional sacrifices" or "tactics" has an ICC account to spectate? Someone that good would have joined Nakamura at the $15,000 dollar event where someone (a titled player) was banned. Your not making any sense Korch.

Your so biased I'm not surprised if you fell down from your chair in your onesidedness. What happened to being objective? You cannot change what was written including your take on things so everyone can see for themselves your spin.
  7. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 21:33
    Now your changing "Tactics" to "positional sacrifices"? And someone good at "positional sacrifices" or "tactics" has an ICC account to spectate? Someone that good would have joined Nakamura at the $15,000 dollar event where someone (a titled player) was banned. Your not making any sense Korch.

Your so biased I'm not surprised if you fell down from your chair ...[text shortened]... was written including your take on things so everyone can see for themselves your spin.
    I need to advice you again - LEARN TO READ!

1) first part of his statement was about tactics - second part about sacrifices at all.
    2) I meant positional sacrifices as one kind of sacrifices which engine overlooks more often than others.
    3) you are idealize engines - they are still far from perfect.
    4) I`m not biased - I simply talking about things which i know. I wish I can say it about you
  8. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 21:341 edit

Your so biased I'm not surprised if you fell down from your chair ...[text shortened]... was written including your take on things so everyone can see for themselves your spin.
    "But to be frank - in tactical positions I see the threats faster than them - if they even see some of the sacrifices I play."

He's not changing "tactics" to "positional sacrifices," he's interpreting "sacrifices" in a perfectly legitimate and sensible way. You seem to be the one spinning the original post, changing "tactical threats," which implies recognizing motives and areas of pressure, to straight up "tactics" which implies being able to process and count faster than Fritz (you even blogged it wrong).

As for engines not being able to see many tactics used in correspondence chess, check out Game 1682902 and Game 661930 for good corry players seeing the sacrifices necessary to beat the engines.

Lastly, stop confusing you're with your.
  9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 22:04
    Originally posted by Ramiri15
    As for engines not being able to see many tactics used in correspondence chess, check out Game 1682902 and Game 661930 for good corry players seeing the sacrifices necessary to beat the engines.
    That 2nd game doesn't look like it was played by a player who used to be graded 2500.
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 04:00
    I have been played with him and I still have games in progress against him and I can say for sure - he is not cheater.
    😀
  11. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 05:10
    All the people who try and have problem against EveRyDay no one care and i dont especially my clan not care, because i know how he play and how he explain to me. He teach me SO MUCH myself! He is very good, and we have very good discussion about chess, and he teach me through games and explain evey single thing to me EVERYTHING even if i know, but some point i might miss. He loves chess very much and experience in it. He make me watch live internet tournament and live game between very good players and explain everything and what each player can play during the game. I believe him and worried about him from stupid people on RedHotPawn!

Lolle
  12. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 12:17
    ... no one is in a position to make universal assertions ...
    Presumably, this will be your entry for this year's Irony Awards?
  13. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 14:37
    Im in the clan with Everyday aswell when he chats in the clan forums he chats he explains games and im really fascinated with his analysis.hes a nice guy and believe it or not i think hes the real deal aswell.I also think the game mods do aswell otherwise im sure he would be banned by now.in the clan im in with him he trys to help us all you put up a finished game he helps you through it.Zoot your a loser so go away and play with the traffic.
  14. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 16:05
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    Im in the clan with Everyday aswell when he chats in the clan forums he chats he explains games and im really fascinated with his analysis.hes a nice guy and believe it or not i think hes the real deal aswell.I also think the game mods do aswell otherwise im sure he would be banned by now.in the clan im in with him he trys to help us all you put up a finished game he helps you through it.Zoot your a loser so go away and play with the traffic.
    I tend to agree. Too many accusations of cheating are bandied about without just cause, usually by people who are miffed by being beaten fair and square.

I have played EveRyDay a number of times and have no reason to believe he is not genuine.
  15. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 16:291 edit
    I think suspicions were raised in this thread Thread 59689
    that just seemed strange things for such a strong player to post.
    Maybe it was a language thing?
    Anyway, it seems to have stopped one of the strongest players on RHP from posting in the open forums which I think is a great shame.

eg:
    "No I tell you it's my way. I try everything and get many ideas in similar games even from a different opening.
    Everyone has to find their own way of play. Mine is just try everything."

or

"You are wrong - again. There are winning tactics programs don't even realize. You mix up two things.
    The multi-processored computers Kramnik and the other top GMs use with the ones on a home pc. On my pc F9 haven't seen most of the tactics I won with in correspondence chess. You people idolize programs. Well feel free to. But on the home pcs you own now, they'll never stand up to a master's level."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree