1. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 20:27
    The ban is ridiculous. Especially going through MPP's previous posts. They're just full of bile.
    Fat Lady is a valuable member making genuine contributions. Normally, fair enough there should be some ban. In this instance however, I think there should just be a warning - no ban at all.
  2. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 20:28
    I just found out you can PM Forum Moderator, so I did. πŸ˜•
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 20:31

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 20:312 edits
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    I just found out you can PM Forum Moderator, so I did. πŸ˜•
    I still like the Spartacus idea. πŸ™

Can I still pretend to be Spartacus?

BTWπŸ˜€id anybody ever see the Coca-Cola commercial where they used that scene? It had a lunchbag that said "Spartacus" on it, and there was a coke in it. The "bad guy" (I guess..) asked if anybody was named Spartacus, they all said they were to get the coke. πŸ˜› Funny seen, and I have a feeling that everything after "BTW" is nearly incoherent.
  5. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 20:321 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 20:34
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Oh god, what a horrible typo. My mind is on shut-off today.
  7. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 20:412 edits
    peas r Joan

Sorry- horrible typo - keyboard playing up.πŸ™‚
  8. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 20:43
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I still like the Spartacus idea. πŸ™

Can I still pretend to be Spartacus?

BTWπŸ˜€id anybody ever see the Coca-Cola commercial where they used that scene? It had a lunchbag that said "Spartacus" on it, and there was a coke in it. The "bad guy" (I guess..) asked if anybody was named Spartacus, they all said they were to get the coke. πŸ˜› Funny seen, and I have a feeling that everything after "BTW" is nearly incoherent.
    Admit it, you just want a Toga party.
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 21:011 edit
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Admit it, you just want a Toga party.
    Toga Toga Toga...

Ha, we could all take a position and analyze it using Spike Toga!!
  10. Missouri, USA
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 21:22
    I was saddened to read here the recent penalty sentence to The Fat Lady..While violations of RHP rules certainly should be addressed, justice was not served.. I would hope RHP would reconsider and administer this case a lot less severe than it has..Thank you.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 21:23
    I didn't see the posts leading to the ban, so I may be missing something, but this sounds ridiculous, especially in light of how something like this has been handled previously. In the past we have had someone repeatedly post personal details of another user who had expressed clearly that he objected to this. Russ reacted by making a statement that anyone doing this would face a ban from the site from now on. A while later, the same person did the same thing again. Russ reacted by making a statement that anyone doing this would face a ban from the site from now on. As far as I know, the user doing it never even got a short-time forum ban. Fat Lady has posted mostly in the Chess Forum, so xe may not even have seen the warning against revealing personal details, and from what I understand, it was a one-time offence. It doesn't make much sense to me to give a forum ban for several years for a one-time offence, while someone who was warned and did the same thing again goes completely unpunished.
  12. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 21:251 edit
    Pear on Saj.

Well, he does like his fruitπŸ˜€
  13. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 21:25
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I didn't see the posts leading to the ban, so I may be missing something, but this sounds ridiculous, especially in light of how something like this has been handled previously. In the past we have had someone repeatedly post personal details of another user who had expressed clearly that he objected to this. Russ reacted by making a statement that anyone do ...[text shortened]... offence, while someone who was warned and did the same thing again goes completely unpunished.
    Yep.
  14. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33Β°36'S 26Β°53'E
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 22:221 edit
    Has anyone asked MarchantParkPro what he feels about this ban? I received a PM from MPP regarding his submission to Rhpfaces and he signed it using his real name in full. So I'm not sure he is trying to protect his identity at all.

Everyone has the right to remain anonymous at RHP, and I don't condone what Fat Lady did, but I also don't believe the severity of the punishment is justified when the "victim" himself has made no obvious attempts to hide his identity from us.
  15. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Nov '06 22:34
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Has anyone asked MarchantParkPro what he feels about this ban? I received a PM from MPP regarding his submission to Rhpfaces and he signed it using his real name in full. So I'm not sure he is trying to protect his identity at all.

Everyone has the right to remain anonymous at RHP, and I don't condone what Fat Lady did, but I also don't believe the s ...[text shortened]... tified when the "victim" himself has made no obvious attempts to hide his identity from us.
    We'll find out soon enough, i just sent this message.......

Date: Nov 24 22:32
    Subject: Hey buddy

A forum member has just got a three year ban for saying your real name, even though you are infamous in the online chess world (so it would seem).

Do you have an issue with someone using your reall name ?

Huck

ps...it is Joan Rivers, right ?

cept not with the joan rivers bit obviously....

πŸ˜›

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree