1. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 18:20
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    You are fortunate to have transportation and the time to play!

I didn't decline a challenge. I may have challenges turned off, but I never actually received one from you and turned it down. Sorry
    Lies make baby jesus cry. :'(
  2. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 18:211 edit
    Originally posted by antiopenings
    Lies make baby jesus cry. :'(
    ???
    When and where did you challenge me?
    ???

I have recieved no challenge from you at this website.
    Besides, you are already playing the 6 game limit, so how could you challenge me?
  3. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 18:24
    I challenged you last night after reading this FICS thread. 3/7 me as Black.
    No big deal. I would have lost.
  4. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 18:31
    I challenged you last night after reading this FICS thread. 3/7 me as Black.
    No big deal. I would have lost.
    My maximum games settings is set to 1. I am playing 3 games now.
    Therefore, I never got the challenge.

I'm pretty sure you should have seen that somewhere on the screen.

When you get a free game, challenge me again. It will say the same thing.

* I didn't actually decline that game, since I never got the challenge.

I will be happy to play you AFTER you have played some games AND have losses under your belt. I don't play newcomers or undefeated players. I've been burned too many times. It doesn't matter to me whether your rating is 1000 or 2400 as long as you meet those two criteria.

Thanks
  5. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 18:34
    Oh I will 😉
  6. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 18:40
    And for the record, I don't like being called a liar.
  7. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 18:44
    LoL
  8. Subscriberjoesheppe
    Lesser Poobah
    Northern California
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 17:12
    Antiopenings has been on the RHP site for about three minutes, and he's already showing some low class. Great.

And to thesonofsaul: If you don't care about ratings, why does your bio say: "My USCF rating has finally risen to join my RHP rating at the lofty height of 1740! Now if could only figure out how I achieved this feat so I can get it back up after it plummets..."
  9. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 17:50
    Originally posted by joesheppe

And to thesonofsaul: If you don't care about ratings, why does your bio say: "My USCF rating has finally risen to join my RHP rating at the lofty height of 1740! Now if could only figure out how I achieved this feat so I can get it back up after it plummets..."
    the people who don't mind playing against cheaters, just haven't yet experienced the infuriating frustration of wasting months or years just to find out it was for absolutely nothing. but they will, sooner or later.

that's just how it goes, that's how it went for all of us.
  10. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 16:20
    Originally posted by wormwood
    the people who don't mind playing against cheaters, just haven't yet experienced the infuriating frustration of wasting months or years just to find out it was for absolutely nothing. but they will, sooner or later.

that's just how it goes, that's how it went for all of us.
    If I was as strong as you I might get upset about it. For now I couldn't care less if my opponent cheats. I doubt it happens at my 1500 level though.
  11. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 17:40
    If I was as strong as you I might get upset about it. For now I couldn't care less if my opponent cheats. I doubt it happens at my 1500 level though.
    almost never. only right after they join and whoosh through the lower levels like a red hot knife through butter. the time they spend on any hundred point range under 2000 is minute. but around 1800+ you start getting them in tournaments, and it only gets worse the higher you get... I don't know how the big boys can stand the engine bombardment. I suppose a lot of them simply don't.
  12. Subscriberjoesheppe
    Lesser Poobah
    Northern California
    Moves
    13 Sep '10 00:21
    I'm sure not liking what you're saying there, Wormwood. I'm worried about this a bit, as half the players I see are over 2000. I already played one guy who started out near my rating, but shortly after rose pretty fast to 2150. My coach at the time looked at one of our two games where the guy offered a draw, and said 'Oh he probably looked at the tables and decided that it wasn't worth playing on.' That was disconcerting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree