Help1

Standard memberTony39
Only Chess 23 Jul '23 14:10
  1. Standard memberTony39
    David
    Greatham, Hants
    Moves
    23 Jul '23 14:10
    I just received the following message - You must move your opponent's black piece before you record a move in response.
    I had just made a few moves when this came up. Can somebody please tell what it means?
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    23 Jul '23 20:50
    @tony39 said
    I just received the following message - You must move your opponent's black piece before you record a move in response.
    I had just made a few moves when this came up. Can somebody please tell what it means?
    In the 3 games you are playing,in two you are white and it is black to move,and in the other you are black so I don't understand the message either
  3. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    23 Jul '23 20:56
    @Tony39

It means you entered the conditional move screen where you can input your reply to the move you expect your opponent to make. The text asks you to input the expected move first, then you put your reply and save. The system will then play your reply if your opponent makes the expected move.
  4. Standard memberTony39
    David
    Greatham, Hants
    Moves
    27 Jul '23 10:47
    @RagwortThanks for the replies, guys. Fortunately it seems to have managed to fix itself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree