1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 16:18
    How can you tell if the person you're playing against is using a chess engine, verses actually playing themselves? What's the difference between how a really good human player plays and a computer? Also, how long would it take for you to tell that your opponent's using an engine?
  2. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 16:32
    Originally posted by vivify
    How can you tell if the person you're playing against is using a chess engine, verses actually playing themselves? What's the difference between how a really good human player plays and a computer? Also, how long would it take for you to tell that your opponent's using an engine?
    How can you tell if the person you're playing against is using a chess engine, verses actually playing themselves?

Look for the inability to spell "eventually".
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 17:08
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    How can you tell if the person you're playing against is using a chess engine, verses actually playing themselves?

Look for the inability to spell "eventually".
    or a schizophrenian inclination to see words that aren't actually there.
  4. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 17:23
    The spelling is correct... but you're singing the wrong verse. In short... people "think" the game mods here use top 3 engine matchup rates... at least as a starting point.
  5. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 17:28
    or a schizophrenian inclination to see words that aren't actually there.
    Hint: Try around the middle of page one.
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 08:10
    Get a life green paladin, the guy is asking a simple question and you budge in like a stupid fool to derail the question at hand. Why should a person be judged by their spelling? A lot of people cannot spell, who are probably way smarter than you.
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 08:14
    I think nothing more than logic can presume if your playing a machine on here, using your own instinct, sometimes it is just obvious.
  8. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 08:331 edit
    ...and you're a stirling example.

skeeter
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 08:43
    Originally posted by skeeter

skeeter
    sterling example skeety,

Stirling is a place in Scotland, with a castle over looking the battlefields of
    Bannockburn, whence Edward the II was vanquished and sent 'hame', to think again,
  10. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 09:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    sterling example skeety,

Stirling is a place in Scotland, with a castle over looking the battlefields of
    Bannockburn, whence Edward the II was vanquished and sent 'hame', to think again,
    That's sent "home". And I'm not wearing any "troosers".
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 09:24
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    That's sent "home". And I'm not wearing any "troosers".
    your typing on the Pc in the bud? eeew
  12. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 09:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    your typing on the Pc in the bud? eeew
    Indeed I am not. I've just come down from the Isle of Skye, I’m no very big and I'm awful shy. And the lassies shout when I go by, "Thaughbaer where’s your troosers ?"
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 09:541 edit
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Indeed I am not. I've just come down from the Isle of Skye, I’m no very big and I'm awful shy. And the lassies shout when I go by, "Thaughbaer where’s your troosers ?"
    Lol, just watch wee willy winky dont get caught in the DVD tray that's all. Here we
    have a different rendering a purely Scots word, breeks with a hard k sound, which i
    think comes from breeches, although i have not checked the etymology and if anyone
    complains about the lack of chess content i recommend, 1.e4 best by test.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ulsterscots/words/breeks
  14. Joined
    23 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 10:18
    Originally posted by skeeter

skeeter
    Skeeter, your pathetic man/woman, whatever ever you are, maybe a bit of both. You are the lowest form of a human forum poster known to my intellectual mind.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 10:38
    Originally posted by hintjul
    Skeeter, your pathetic man/woman, whatever ever you are, maybe a bit of both. You are the lowest form of a human forum poster known to my intellectual mind.
    dude, dont let it stress you, relax and feel easy 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree