Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 22 Dec '06 06:14
    I usually take 1day to 2weeks.
  2. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    22 Dec '06 09:08
    My longest game to date is now going on for 6 months. It is annoying me as it has been a win for ages but I suppose he is justified in forcing me to prove it. I just wish he would move quicker.

    I also entered a few long haul tournaments where my opponent moves every 2 - 3 weeks so if they go on for 40 moves they will take about 2 years even if I move instantly. Never again!
  3. Standard member Dies Irae
    I Love U
    22 Dec '06 10:07
    I bet correspondence chess back in the 1800's would have been frustrating.
  4. Standard member onyx2006
    onyx2007
    22 Dec '06 10:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Dies Irae
    I bet correspondence chess back in the 1800's would have been frustrating.
    especially three-fold repetition or the 50 Moves Rules.
  5. Standard member Dies Irae
    I Love U
    22 Dec '06 10:43
    Yeah, even the opening would have been a snooze... e4... wait 3 weeks.... c5... wait three weeks....
  6. 22 Dec '06 10:51
    When I first started out on this site, games would end quickly as some of the players occasionally lost on timeout. However as I moved up in ranking, this carelessness is less of an issue so games go for weeks and weeks.
  7. 22 Dec '06 11:10
    Originally posted by Gizmo28
    I usually take 1day to 2weeks.
    That is plenty long enough, but then I suppose it depends how many games you are committed to; three or four are adequate for me and I have plenty of time to deliberate without subjecting my opponent to unnecessary waiting time, hoping of course that my opponent reciprocates.
  8. 22 Dec '06 13:50
    My typical (median) game is about 1 month. My average game is probably about 2 weeks. Certain people (white King KNight, Diet Coke, et al.) and I will finish games in about 4-5 days, but other people use their timebank and our games last considerably longer.
  9. 22 Dec '06 17:30
    agree, today I only could make 2 moves !
  10. 22 Dec '06 17:33
    I try to move every day usually I don't move during the weekends... A game for me can last anywhere between 1 week to 1 month I usually don't have games that last longer then a month, I try to keep my time limit at 3 days per move with a 7 day timebank.
  11. 22 Dec '06 18:54
    I am playing a game right now and my opponent (Dacus) is only making me move back and forth... I believe we are at 12 times now. How do I stop this without surrendering? Can you delete a game for me.. Please. he has upset me so I don't want to resign.
  12. 22 Dec '06 19:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    My longest game to date is now going on for 6 months. It is annoying me as it has been a win for ages but I suppose he is justified in forcing me to prove it. I just wish he would move quicker.

    I also entered a few long haul tournaments where my opponent moves every 2 - 3 weeks so if they go on for 40 moves they will take about 2 years even if I move instantly. Never again!


    Check out my following games, Broyles v. CMS, DCPK v. CMS, Briscoe v. CMS, and all three of my games against APB.

    Those 5 have taken ages, both APB and I move only about once every two weeks in our games.
  13. 22 Dec '06 19:30 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by cmsMaster


    Check out my following games, Broyles v. CMS, DCPK v. CMS, Briscoe v. CMS, and all three of my games against APB.

    Those 5 have taken ages, both APB and I move only about once every two weeks in our games.
    edited.
  14. 22 Dec '06 19:31
    Originally posted by Ramiri15
    Was that just a ruse to show us you're two pawns up on a 2000+ player?
    :/ I'm not two pawns up. I'm two pawns up for the exchange and I'm still in book anyway.
  15. 22 Dec '06 19:33
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    :/ I'm not two pawns up. I'm two pawns up for the exchange and I'm still in book anyway.
    I saw just a second ago.