1. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 17:50
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Never met a dumb Portuguese.
    I met them a plenty. I hardly ever meet a Portuguese guy that isn't either dumb, fat, or a total arse. As for the women, yes sir!
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 22:11
    So many immature pricks are gripping hold of this post, I'm sorry that I even posted anything.
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 22:28
    American's? Speak for yourself! Don't pick a fight. People from the UK are certainly smart, but as Gordon Brown and Neville Chamberlain prove, easily duped! Health care better? You are basing the opinion on their teeth? Their teeth prove their healthcare systems sucks.
    Gordon Brown and Neville Chamberlain? If the point you are making is negative then Chamberlain is contentious. Maybe not in the States, where Churchill is more of a hero than in the UK, but Chamberlain's legacy is debatable given the politics of the time. Churchill was lucky enough to write his own history. And Gordon Brown, time will tell...

As for Healthcare, that’s for another forum, but the US being the only industrialised country without universal healthcare is, in my opinion, a disgrace. What's worse is the rhetoric from the US about the NHS - all nonsense.
  4. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 22:28
    Originally posted by chesstony82
    Rec'd.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '09 11:41
    Originally posted by RP
    Gordon Brown and Neville Chamberlain? If the point you are making is negative then Chamberlain is contentious. Maybe not in the States, where Churchill is more of a hero than in the UK, but Chamberlain's legacy is debatable given the politics of the time. Churchill was lucky enough to write his own history. And Gordon Brown, time will tell...

As for Health ...[text shortened]... y opinion, a disgrace. What's worse is the rhetoric from the US about the NHS - all nonsense.
    You rested my case is all I can say. I will post no more since this is turning political and therefore not the onus of the forum, which is chess. Just as a parting shot, however, what is a disgrace is you easily duped euroweenies who releaset terrorists for oil. You would not know disgrace is if stared you in the eye. Keep your blood money and oil. Keep your bankrupt political system and stop trying to infiltrate ours by infecting the left with your crazy ideas. Keep sucking at the teat of mama govt like you euroweenies love. After all when the Hun is at the gate you love nothing better than scurrying scared expecting the great USA to save your worthless collective arse. Chamberlain was the biggest weenie who ever lived and master dupe, a rube and proof that your education system has been usurped by idiots. Give me Churchill any day. The man had cojones and Chamberlain was Hitler's Chamberpot. Again if British teeth are my first exhibit in the trial of socialized medicine I daresay that is by far more of a disgrace than we'll ever see. We want our system, you keep yours!
  6. e4
    Moves
    13 Oct '09 12:43
    Hi scacchipazzo

The terrorist released for oil?

Under Scottish law if you are dying of a terminal diesease then you
    will be released back to your family.
    This law may seem as strange to you as some of your laws seem
    to us but it is the law of the land.

If it is revenge you want then revel in the fact that this lad will not
    receive the same excellent medical attention he would have in Scotland.

Poor old Chamberlain always comes out looking the fool but he
    had seen what happened in WWI (remember that was called the war
    that ended all wars) he did everything he could to avoid another
    conflict and save millions of lives.

OOPS! This is a chess forum.

Morphy and Fischer are the best two things to come out of America.

(Morphy was of Irish descent and Fischer German).

You too are no doubt of European origin. (unless of course you are a Red Indian).
    So cousin, Chill Out 😉
  7. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '09 12:54
    I know you're pretty smart. After all, yours is one of the coolest and cleverest of handles. As for Yorkshire, anyone who calls the horrid stuff from there pudding has to be IQ challenged indeed!
    Nowt wrong with a Yorkshire pud lad!
  8. e4
    Moves
    13 Oct '09 13:161 edit
    Roast beef, Yourshire pudding, sprouts, potatoes and lashings of OXO.

(and then play over a good Morphy game - remember this the chess place).
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '09 23:16
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Hi scacchipazzo

The terrorist released for oil?

Under Scottish law if you are dying of a terminal diesease then you
    will be released back to your family.
    This law may seem as strange to you as some of your laws seem
    to us but it is the law of the land.

If it is revenge you want then revel in the fact that this lad will not
    receive the sam ...[text shortened]... e no doubt of European origin. (unless of course you are a Red Indian).
    So cousin, Chill Out 😉
    I will chill out indeed out of respect for you and you sensibleness. I shall stick to chess in this forum.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '09 05:52
    American's? Speak for yourself! Don't pick a fight. People from the UK are certainly smart, but as Gordon Brown and Neville Chamberlain prove, easily duped! Health care better? You are basing the opinion on their teeth? Their teeth prove their healthcare systems sucks.
    People from the UK are certainly smart

so you basically agree with bill then, excellent.

the nhs has it's good and bad points but i certainly would take it over the system in the us.

as far as who is smarter, like everywhere both places has their idiots and geniuses, america has a bigger population so obviously they're going to have more stupid people but americans also tend to be louder and a lot more 'proud to be american' than people in the uk are to be british. this often leads to people wholeheartedly and someones almost blindly sticking up for america regardless of any facts put on the table.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '09 20:40
    Originally posted by trev33
    [b]People from the UK are certainly smart

so you basically agree with bill then, excellent.

the nhs has it's good and bad points but i certainly would take it over the system in the us.

as far as who is smarter, like everywhere both places has their idiots and geniuses, america has a bigger population so obviously they're going to have more stu ...[text shortened]... nd someones almost blindly sticking up for america regardless of any facts put on the table.[/b]
    smart but not smarter. indeed we have our geniuses and idiots. frankly asians and indians seem to have fewer of the dull than either USA or UK combined. Now as for food in the UK. Yikes! Germany comes in second for bad food. La Bella Italia et la Francia have the best food by far. in food iq i am partial to Italy!
  12. London
    Moves
    14 Oct '09 20:59
    American's? Speak for yourself! Don't pick a fight. People from the UK are certainly smart, but as Gordon Brown and Neville Chamberlain prove, easily duped! Health care better? You are basing the opinion on their teeth? Their teeth prove their healthcare systems sucks.[/b]
    Their teeth prove their healthcare systems sucks.

It's healthcare that's free - vanitycare is the same rates as the US
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '09 22:33
    Originally posted by Mahout
    [b]Their teeth prove their healthcare systems sucks.

It's healthcare that's free - vanitycare is the same rates as the US[/b]
    Define free? It is not free at all.
  14. London
    Moves
    15 Oct '09 07:451 edit
    Define free? It is not free at all.
    It was a comic statement about the distinction between health care and surgical procedures
    carried out to improve appearance - playing on the perception that this is more common in
    America. And this was retort to the suggestion that you could judge a nations healthcare system
    by the appearance of teeth. The precise definition of "free" is therefore is irrelevant.

Anything else you'd like explained - just ask. You're obviously not from Yorkshire.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '09 11:32
    Originally posted by Mahout
    It was a comic statement about the distinction between health care and surgical procedures
    carried out to improve appearance - playing on the perception that this is more common in
    America. And this was retort to the suggestion that you could judge a nations healthcare system
    by the appearance of teeth. The precise definition of "free" is therefore is irr ...[text shortened]... vant.

Anything else you'd like explained - just ask. You're obviously not from Yorkshire.
    Irrelevant? Perhaps to you, not us. Vanitycare, as you call it, is not always pure vanity as in orthodontics. But you're from Yorkshire, so you wouldn't know. Of course us bumpkin Yanks thank our lucky stars we're not from Yorkshire no matter how bad our leaders say we are. All the while we smile content in our bumpkiness glad we don't have to deal with crooked smiles 24/7. Of course free is irrelevant since you seem so happy to be fleeced.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree