1. Standard memberDerJager
    The Hunter
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 00:31
    I first noticed his style of play after he requested to become a member of the clan I lead. I have been astonished by his style of play. I managed to match him against another 2300+ player and Kings and Pawns destroyed him in both games. I really enjoy watching his games. He plays such strong opponents too. His play is simply put, beautiful! A good friend of mine on here, who is rated 2000+ calls his play dominating and counts a draw as a victory against him. He even went so far as to claim no one on this site can beat Kings and Pawns; so far that has held true as Kings and Pawns is undefeated, and my last check on his games showed him ahead in most. Looks like we have another challenger on this site for the top spot!

So my question is, who is better? Kings and Pawns, Skeeter, or Kaoslos?

Any thoughts would be welcome!
  2. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 03:05
    I think its a nice change to hear people say nice things about the site's good players in these forums.

Also, Kings and Pawns has the best profile page I have ever read. I enjoyed it so much I read it twice.
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 03:33
    Originally posted by SmittyTime
    I think its a nice change to hear people say nice things about the site's good players in these forums.

Also, Kings and Pawns has the best profile page I have ever read. I enjoyed it so much I read it twice.
    I've lost every game against him so far, and each one was a lesson.

His style is very clean and logical, and I always say to myself "of course!" after I see his moves, wishing I had seen it before he moved.

He is also a very nice and friendly guy to play- not that it matters in terms of ratings and rankings, but it matters to me as one of his opponents. I'm here to enjoy chess, and I enjoy playing him, losses notwithstanding!
  4. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 06:59
    Originally posted by SmittyTime

Are you kidding me ? You're the fella that joins these threads looking for a bloodbath and complains mightily when he doesn't get one.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 07:43
    Originally posted by DerJager
    I first noticed his style of play after he requested to become a member of the clan I lead. I have been astonished by his style of play. I managed to match him against another 2300+ player and Kings and Pawns destroyed him in both games. I really enjoy watching his games. He plays such strong opponents too. His play is simply put, beautiful! A good friend o ...[text shortened]... tion is, who is better? Kings and Pawns, Skeeter, or Kaoslos?

Any thoughts would be welcome!
    i am just glad we have a classical style player, he plays the Ruy Lopez and the French
    advance. Like Leggy, i found his play to be clean and natural, unaffected. Skeety has
    admitted him/herself that he/she is not the best chess player on the site, lets take
    him/her at her/his word, its only a matter of time before K+P rules the leader board.
  6. e4
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 10:402 edits
    The thing you can pick up from Kings and Pawns is his chosen time controls.
    Most are 7 days.

I was following him whilst he was online recently. He took 24 minutes on one move.
    He takes his time. It's as simple as that. (he's also a good player.)

Whilst waiting for him to move I went looking for another green dot.
    Trud (1308) User 15547 who appears to enjoy his chess just as
    much as anyone else made three moves in 3 games in one minute.

I don't want any of you following K&P's example because I will have
    no more one move blunders to write about.

Now get out there and see if any of you can beat Trud's record.
  7. Standard memberDerJager
    The Hunter
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 12:45
    I agree. He just gained another 11 points-took down another 2300 player, and the game wasn't even a close one. Kings and Pawns had the clear advantage! If he keeps this play up he will dominate (he already is actually). I would love to see a game between him and skeeter and/or Kaoslos!
  8. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 15:031 edit
    Originally posted by DerJager
    I agree. He just gained another 11 points-took down another 2300 player, and the game wasn't even a close one. Kings and Pawns had the clear advantage! If he keeps this play up he will dominate (he already is actually). I would love to see a game between him and skeeter and/or Kaoslos!
    Skeeter will almost certainly avoid him. Kaoslos is more likely. The reason is in your post. K&P takes 11 points from 1 player. Skeeter takes 1 point from 11 players.
  9. Standard memberDerJager
    The Hunter
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 23:50
    How about a chess power house tournament, pitch the top 10 players against each other. That would be a tournament worth watching! To many tournaments involve only a couple top players against good players, but 2300+ players would be fun to watch, plus I might learn a bit if I paid attention! 😉
  10. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 00:421 edit
    I predict the house of cards is about to come tumbling down. An hour ago I wouldn't have... but it only takes one small mistake and an amateur internet detective. Stay tuned...
  11. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 01:12
    When something seems too good to be true it generally is. Take K&Ps profile, some of you have reached climax over how wonderful it is. But... is it all that it seems ? Why would you write such a profile and then top it off with an image you googled for on the internet ?

http://myinnermissmelly.com/2011/09/05/i-want-to-be-an-old-man-in-a-hat/

Scroll down to the fourth picture... look familiar ? It's not the only one either. Not proof of much other than likely his profile should not be taken at face value. @SmittyTime.. let the bloodbath commence.
  12. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 01:17
    K+P's profile photo is no more. Lulz.
  13. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 01:201 edit
    Jeez.. that didn't take long.. must have touched a nerve. I wonder what it will get replaced with.
  14. e4
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 01:20
    So he has removed his picture....that's interesrsting.

Never mind you can find another one here.

http://www.myhealthnewsdaily.com/genetic-tests-look-for-seven-genetic-markers-0902/2

K & P's profile still states.

"My body doesn't work as well as it used to, but my mind is still crisp...."

So they use his his picture for an advert for Parkinson's disease.
  15. Standard memberLex Rex
    William
    Cambridge, MA, U.S.
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 01:25
    I alerted him to the fact that there was trash talk going on about him. I am a former student of his in chess. I find it disgusting that you all would purposely seek to discredit him. The photos you saw or see, I guess he took it down, are him.

Why don't you guys find something to do worth while in chess rather than discredit another? Come on....

William

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree