Kings and Pawns is closing the gap for the top spot on RHP!

Kings and Pawns is closing the gap for the top spot on RHP!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
05 Oct 11

Originally posted by Green Paladin
If they put the "banned stamp" on him then how was he not found guilty? Surely that's the sound of the gavel falling.
I didn't want to believe it at the time... he didn't fit the usual profile... by his own admission the matchup rates were high... he presented evidence as to why and there was some logic to it... but now the banning elsewhere...

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
05 Oct 11

Originally posted by nimzo5
[b]I almost believed Lex Rex.. after all anyone who attended Harvard finds a way to mention it in the first sentence when you meet them...
Now that's entertainment, made even funnier because it is so true!

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
05 Oct 11

What is it about the letter 'K'?

S

Moves
05 Oct 11

Well I sure hope none of his 19 grandchildren read this thread.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
05 Oct 11

Originally posted by atticus2
What is it about the letter 'K'?
Apparently is it the symbol for a voiceless velar stop:

Per wiki the features of the voiceless velar stop are:

* Its manner of articulation is stop, or plosive, which means it is produced by obstructing airflow in the vocal tract. (The term plosive contrasts with nasal stops, where the blocked airflow is redirected through the nose.)
* Its place of articulation is velar, which means it is articulated with the back of the tongue at the soft palate.
* Its phonation is voiceless, which means it is produced without vibrations of the vocal cords. In some languages the vocal cords are actively separated, so it is always voiceless; in others the cords are lax, so that it may take on the voicing of adjacent sounds.
* It is an oral consonant, which means air is allowed to escape through the mouth only.
* It is a central consonant, which means it is produced by directing the airstream along the center of the tongue, rather than to the sides.
* The airstream mechanism is pulmonic, which means it is articulated by pushing air solely with the lungs and diaphragm, as in most sounds.

Hope that helps 😛

t

Moves
05 Oct 11
1 edit

'k, thanks.

S

Moves
05 Oct 11

gianfrancolevati ftw!

D
The Hunter

St. Louis, MO

Moves
06 Oct 11

The idea that Lex Rex and Kings and Pawns being the same person seems phony to me. I know Lex Rex too well for that to be an option, and Kings and Pawns. Kings and Pawns and I have had wonderful discussions pertaining to religion, politics, chess (he is very helpful and I am currently reading two books he recommended to me). I just think we have some very egotistic people on here who have nothing better to do than slander another more successful player. I mean really, what difference does it make if the picture was or was not him. I myself have had pictures on my profile of William Haskell from England because he is a hero of mine in rugby, but by that I did not mean he was me or I was him. Let's just play chess and enjoy it! I'll stand by Kings and Pawns no matter what, and I know I am not the only one. He has multiple friends on here who know him well.

t

Moves
06 Oct 11

Can somebody help me? I'm having a bad case of de ja vu. I foresee a

banning
but I can't see the face of the one who will be
banned
for some strange reason.

e4

Moves
06 Oct 11

K & P has updated his profile again.

"Per the picture-it was and is me. I didn't upload it however, my grandson did. I
don't even know how to do that honestly. Never was much good with computers
(most of my generation are not). "

He figured out how to remove it quick enough. 😉

I'm not wholly convinced about the age and the picture. (though I'd like
to believe one can play at that standard at that age.)

SO what? So what indeed.

He may have indulged in a bit of gamesmanship to put off opponents.
Nothing wrong in that. All is fair as long as it stays off the board.

He should have left everything as it was. Taking it down on here is like
waving a red flag at a bull. Especially if you are on the front page.

JC

Moves
06 Oct 11

Per the question about Kings and Pawns veracity: I have interacted via messages with him a great deal. Upon learning from another player of his background vocationally & academically I was intrigued. I am an avid reader of apologists like Francis Schaeffer & Ravi Zacharias. I am fairly acquainted with Solzhenitsyn as well. As a professor that teaches theology, philosophy & apologetics, I have had incredible interactions with him ranging from pre-suppositional apologetics to classical arminianism vs. reformed theology. IF Kings and Pawns is not truthful per his identity he has done a stunning job of falsification.

I reject the charges & suggest some might ponder their motives. If they are pure so be it. If not... Let us each extend the benefit of the doubt... Sincerely, James Claycomb

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
06 Oct 11

Originally posted by greenpawn34
K & P has updated his profile again.

"Per the picture-it was and is me. I didn't upload it however, my grandson did. I
don't even know how to do that honestly. Never was much good with computers
(most of my generation are not). "

He figured out how to remove it quick enough. 😉

I'm not wholly convinced about the age and the picture. (though ...[text shortened]... own on here is like
waving a red flag at a bull. Especially if you are on the front page.
I've been trying to refrain from most of this, but I do think I have something to add with reference to the "playing strength/age" thing, and it relates to his style of play.

In every game I've played him, he won, and the wins were simple, positional, strategic wins, not tactical slugfests. There were no crazy moves, moves that I would never consider, or bizarre ideas I have never seen before.

The games were so amazingly simple that I would reach a point where I wondered "How did I get into this?", and then would realize that I had been thoroughly outclassed.

Playing the games were like I was reading a collection of Capablanca's or Petrosian's best games, where I was always the other guy.

I'm not sure if this makes complete sense, but I always felt like I was playing a more mature player, in style and experience if not exactly in age. In a sense, he plays like an old man, but one who is a master of what he is doing, and one who uses no more force or pressure in the game than what is sufficient to win. It's like he was playing a one-board simul, and I was the "one board".

Moves
06 Oct 11

I never check the forums and this why. A bunch little girls gossiping and making up consipacy theories. How many of you geniuses believe in the 9/11 consipacy?

I have played both players in question and they are NOT the same person! Of course I could be one of them myself. I also belong to America!!! Just wish I could play like them. And that is the botttom line. You don't have thier talent so it must be a computer.

Disgusting!

t

Moves
06 Oct 11

Originally posted by Alice1
I never check the forums and this why. A bunch little girls gossiping and making up consipacy theories. How many of you geniuses believe in the 9/11 consipacy?

I have played both players in question and they are NOT the same person! Of course I could be one of them myself. I also belong to America!!! Just wish I could play like them. And that is the botttom line. You don't have thier talent so it must be a computer.

Disgusting!
Shut the eff up! You don't know me, son!

Moves
06 Oct 11

Originally posted by tomtom232
Shut the eff up! You don't know me, son!
Intelligent! But I wouldn't exspect anyhthing else!