Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    03 Jan '13 19:11 / 2 edits
    Alexandra Kosteniuk - Hou Yifan
    Result: 1-0
    Site: Sport Accord Blitz Beijing 2012
    Date: December 15, 2012



    It is hard to believe this was a blitz game. What a woman!
  2. 03 Jan '13 19:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Alexandra Kosteniuk - Hou Yifan
    Result: 1-0
    Site: Sport Accord Blitz Beijing 2012
    Date: December 15, 2012

    [pgn]
    1.e4 c5 {The Sicilian Defense} 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 e6 6.Be2 Nc6 7.Be3 Be7 8.O-O O-O 9.f4 a6 10.a4 Bd7 11.Nb3 b6 12.Bf3 Qc7 {General opening development has taken place, now it's time for making a plan} 13.g4! {The attack star ...[text shortened]... navoidable. Hou resigns.}
    [/pgn]

    It is hard to believe this was a blitz game. What a woman!
    I don't even know why I am even replying to this but you are a complete idiot if you think this will change anybody's opinion on your obvious engine use.

    12...Qc7 "General opening development has taken place, now it's time for making a plan" ??? are you serious? I'm pretty sure most top players have a plan long before move 12, I'm pretty sure they have a plan or know the theoretical plans starting from move 1. Development is part of a plan not a thing that just happens in a chess game... Plus all your remarks on the tactical aspect point to using an engine to annotate this game, anybody 1400 and up could follow the flow of the attack (while not necessarily able to create it in their own games) with the queen and rook lining up and the bishop sac to mate.

    Get a life and please make sure RHP is not part of it.
  3. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    03 Jan '13 20:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I don't even know why I am even replying to this but you are a complete idiot if you think this will change anybody's opinion on your obvious engine use.

    12...Qc7 "General opening development has taken place, now it's time for making a plan" ??? are you serious? I'm pretty sure most top players have a plan long before move 12, I'm pretty sure they have ...[text shortened]... up and the bishop sac to mate.

    Get a life and please make sure RHP is not part of it.
    Well, the comment, "General opening development has taken place, now it's time for making a plan" was made by Alexandra herself in her anaysis on her website. So perhaps she is the one using the chess engine.

    P.S. I made no comment on my own anaysis of this game. It was all taken from her website. But I was wondering if 15...g6 to stop the queen going to h5 might be a better defensive plan for Black. What do you think?
  4. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    03 Jan '13 21:06
    These blitz games must be played on those automatic recording chess boards.
  5. 03 Jan '13 21:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    These blitz games must be played on those automatic recording chess boards.
    Never heard of that. More information?

    I pictured blitzers who cared enough to save their games making use of a videocam mounted over the board, but I can't say I have ever seen a picture of such a setup, and I have never been to a chess club to observe what goes on.
  6. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    03 Jan '13 21:58
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    Never heard of that. More information?

    I pictured blitzers who cared enough to save their games making use of a videocam mounted over the board, but I can't say I have ever seen a picture of such a setup, and I have never been to a chess club to observe what goes on.
    The Columbia Chess Club in Columbia, SC have two such boards. In fact it recorded one game that I won against Paul Farb, rated 1941 at the time, when I was playing him on board 1 of the 2012 Club Championship.
  7. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    03 Jan '13 21:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, the comment, "General opening development has taken place, now it's time for making a plan" was made by Alexandra herself in her anaysis on her website. So perhaps she is the one using the chess engine.

    P.S. I made no comment on my own anaysis of this game. It was all taken from her website. But I was wondering if 15...g6 to stop the queen going to h5 might be a better defensive plan for Black. What do you think?
    It is nice for you to post a game, but if you are using someone else's notes, it would be appropriate to cite the source in the original post, so they will receive credit.
  8. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    03 Jan '13 22:07 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    It is nice for you to post a game, but if you are using someone else's notes, it would be appropriate to cite the source in the original post, so they will receive credit.
    You should know by now that I am not an appropriate person.

    P.S. I am nice, however.
  9. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    03 Jan '13 22:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, the comment, "General opening development has taken place, now it's time for making a plan" was made by Alexandra herself in her anaysis on her website. So perhaps she is the one using the chess engine.

    P.S. I made no comment on my own anaysis of this game. It was all taken from her website. But I was wondering if 15...g6 to stop the queen going to h5 might be a better defensive plan for Black. What do you think?
    Watch what you say about real players in real life. One such player named by you in the past got quite a kick out of your moronic statements regarding her. Believe it or not even a Patzer like me can have very influential friends in the real chess world. I know Alexandra online and I've interacted with her before by messages and postings/comments.

    Give it a rest Ron, no one's fooled by you.
  10. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    03 Jan '13 23:04
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    Never heard of that. More information?

    I pictured blitzers who cared enough to save their games making use of a videocam mounted over the board, but I can't say I have ever seen a picture of such a setup, and I have never been to a chess club to observe what goes on.
    http://www.chessbaron.co.uk/dgt_electronic_boards.php
  11. 03 Jan '13 23:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    http://www.chessbaron.co.uk/dgt_electronic_boards.php
    Ah, one of these little fellows:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-frequency_identification
  12. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    03 Jan '13 23:43
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    Ah, one of these little fellows:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-frequency_identification
    The mark of the beast enters the chess world.
  13. 04 Jan '13 00:32
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    The mark of the beast enters the chess world.
    As Rexella Van Impe would put it.
  14. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    04 Jan '13 02:31
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Watch what you say about real players in real life. One such player named by you in the past got quite a kick out of your moronic statements regarding her. Believe it or not even a Patzer like me can have very influential friends in the real chess world. I know Alexandra online and I've interacted with her before by messages and postings/comments.

    Give it a rest Ron, no one's fooled by you.
    Don't be spreading any false information about me to the women please. I have a hard enough time with the women as it is, so leave my moronic statements out.
  15. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    04 Jan '13 02:46
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    http://www.chessbaron.co.uk/dgt_electronic_boards.php
    Too expensive for the individual chess player IMO.