1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 12:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am not selling any of my posts on RHP nor did I try to pass off someone else's work as my own, so the charge of plagarism is unwarranted. I am not responsible for what people assume to be true. When that asumption was made know to me, I quickly corrected their wrong assumptions. I think it was a good bait trick to flush out those that like to make hatef ...[text shortened]... niuk would be proud of such a plan herself. 😏

P.S. Perhaps, inspired by the fishing pole.
    I don't think anyone accused you of plagiarism- just carelessness. It was nice that you posted a game, but it was just a mistake to use her comments without giving her credit.

Your best bet would have simply been to say "My apologies- the notes are GM Kosteniuk's, and I assume she wrote them for a wide amateur audience, which would explain why they seem somewhat simple."

I believe your thread would have turned into a good, productive one, instead of the usual drivel this one has become.

Your initial post gave me hope, and I think we may be moving in the right direction for 2013.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 03:24
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    I don't think anyone accused you of plagiarism- just carelessness. It was nice that you posted a game, but it was just a mistake to use her comments without giving her credit.

Your best bet would have simply been to say "My apologies- the notes are GM Kosteniuk's, and I assume she wrote them for a wide amateur audience, which would explain why they ...[text shortened]... our initial post gave me hope, and I think we may be moving in the right direction for 2013.
    Wrong! King Tiger said, "it would appear you plagiarized some of your original post by your own admission..."

That was the statement that required me to respond as I did.
  3. e4
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 10:58
    Hi Paul.

For quite a while now he's been taking moves from a chess engine and
    passing them off as his own, the next logical step was to use games notes from
    other players without even a hint there were not his own.

From here it will no doubt progress onto copying, word for word, a whole book
    and claiming it was all his own work.

Soon to hit the bookstalls: 'My System' by Silicon Ron.

Introduction.

Although this book is very similiar to a little known book of the same title
    written by a player whose name I've forgotten. This is just a coincidence.
    The original book was written in German, it's not my fault the translator
    transalted it into an exact copy of what I was going to write 80 years later.
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 12:57
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Hi Paul.

Soon to hit ...[text shortened]... translator
    It appears I stand corrected on multiple accounts! 😞
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 17:09
    Hi Paul.

Soon to hit ...[text shortened]... translator
    It looks like we have a coalition of the willing to spout unwarranted hatred and jealousy.
  6. In attack
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 17:46
    It looks like we have a coalition of the willing to spout unwarranted hatred and jealousy.
    You are the sole reason why I have not frequented this forum for the last few weeks. Put a cork in it please, for the love of humanity
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 18:37
    Originally posted by morgski
    You are the sole reason why I have not frequented this forum for the last few weeks. Put a cork in it please, for the love of humanity
    My aim has been to make a positive contribution to the Spirituality Forum as well as the Chess Forum. If you can't see that, then it is your problem. I wish to exercise my freedom of speech and I have no intention of putting a cork in it. You seem to have no problem with other people spewing their hate speech, so what is really your problem with me?
  8. Joined
    29 Oct '09
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 18:54
    My aim has been to make a positive contribution to the Spirituality Forum as well as the Chess Forum. If you can't see that, then it is your problem. I wish to exercise my freedom of speech and I have no intention of putting a cork in it. You seem to have no problem with other people spewing their hate speech, so what is really your problem with me?
    What the problem with you is has been said so many times that it doesn't make any sense to repeat that. You are clearly not wanted here, and your contributions are clearly not considered positive. Unfortunately, you don't care at all about other people. It's enough for you that you find your contributions positive. (Unless you are a cynical person trying to achieve something mysterious by anti-social behavior. Which, for all I know, you could well be.)

You do have the right to speak your mind. And other people have the right to tell you to shut it.
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 19:57
    Originally posted by WanderingKing
    What the problem with you is has been said so many times that it doesn't make any sense to repeat that. You are clearly not wanted here, and your contributions are clearly not considered positive. Unfortunately, you don't care at all about other people. It's enough for you that you find your contributions positive. (Unless you are a cynical pers ...[text shortened]... do have the right to speak your mind. And other people have the right to tell you to shut it.
    There is no need to explain yourself to stupid people.
    You're not the jackass whisperer.
  10. e4
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 20:45
    ".......unwarranted hatred and jealousy."

It's not hatred RJ and certainly not jealously.

But you must expect a warrented pop every now and then.
    (even though in this case you simply forgot to add a minor note credit - it's no big deal.)
    It comes with the troll territory. 🙂

(When is the book and DVD coming out?)
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 21:00
    Originally posted by WanderingKing
    What the problem with you is has been said so many times that it doesn't make any sense to repeat that. You are clearly not wanted here, and your contributions are clearly not considered positive. Unfortunately, you don't care at all about other people. It's enough for you that you find your contributions positive. (Unless you are a cynical pers ...[text shortened]... do have the right to speak your mind. And other people have the right to tell you to shut it.
    If that's so then I'm telling you to mind your own business and shut up! 😏
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 21:03
    ".......unwarranted hatred and jealousy."

It's not hatred RJ and certainly not jealously.

But you must expect a warrented pop every now and then.
    (even though in this case you simply forgot to add a minor note credit - it's no big deal.)
    It comes with the troll territory. 🙂

(When is the book and DVD coming out?)
    Sorry to diappoint you, but I have no plans for a book or DVD at the moment. 😏
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 21:35
    Sorry to diappoint you, but I have no plans for a book or DVD at the moment. 😏
    you could team up with Raymond Keene!
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 22:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    What do you have against poor Ray? 😞
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 22:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I might be willing to help him out if you could introduce me so I could dicuss his plans with him. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree