Kramnik v/s Fritz

Kramnik v/s Fritz

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OP

liar.

Moves
04 Dec 06

Originally posted by buddy2
Do you have a computer, Orange Peel? Have you tried it using your strategy? How's it working for you?
Nope.

OP

liar.

Moves
04 Dec 06
2 edits

If you look at the game of Weyerstrass vs. fritz you will see the rook is in bother at the end, as it cannot be in two places at once. Sure it didn't matter in the end as he was too good, but you can see from that how Fritz's d6 pawn could have be found.

Game 1682902

34. Qg5 .. Kf8
35. Qh6(c) .. Kg8
36. Bb2 .. Qf8
37. Rg6(c) .. Rg7
38. Bxd6 .. Rg7
39. Rxg6 .. Rxg3(c)
40. Kf2

Even I could beat Fritz from there.

b

Hainesport, NJ, USA

Moves
05 Dec 06

Try beating Fritz yourself, Orangepeel. Play, say 4 games at a specified time limit using your strategy. I'd be interested in how it turned out. I, myself, would love to beat Fritz, using any strategy. I don't have any love for computer chess. The proof is in the pudding,however. I'm very wary of people, like Seriwan, who, in a postmortem, claim Deep Fritz had a lost game and that Kramnik had an opportunity to win one for the humans. Hindsight is always 20-20.

g

Moves
05 Dec 06

Originally posted by Orange Peel
I think you have to play the computers game and not your own. Force it's pieces around with multiple games within the one game. It's hungry and you should be able to predict where it will move it's pieces to react with your moves. Cheat it into an area to free your own pieces and attack in another area....

Predictability is it's weakness.
What the duce are "multiple games within the one game"?

h

Moves
05 Dec 06

Will Kramnik pull out a win today against fritz.I think today we'll see Kramnik attacking his best against the machine.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
05 Dec 06

Originally posted by harisankars2003
Will Kramnik pull out a win today against fritz.I think today we'll see Kramnik attacking his best against the machine.
I'll put my money on him exchanging down to a boring draw. hope I'm wrong, but well...

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
05 Dec 06

najdorf, great!

H
Renouned Grob Killer

Moves
05 Dec 06

I think Weyerstrass could put up a better fight against Fritz than Kramnik, Weyerstrass owns fritz

o
onyx2007

watching you...

Moves
05 Dec 06

nice one - should be good this!

z

Moves
05 Dec 06

Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
I think Weyerstrass could put up a better fight against Fritz than Kramnik, Weyerstrass owns fritz
He also has days to consider each move...

That said, he may know something about it's playing style that Kramnik doesn't. However, you should remember that this is DEEP fritzy! (oh lala) NOT THE FRITZ 9 Weyerstrass is used to.

b

Hainesport, NJ, USA

Moves
05 Dec 06

Match over: Fritz won. Silicon martches on.

Hinesville, GA

Moves
05 Dec 06

Originally posted by buddy2
Match over: Fritz won. Silicon martches on.
Like I said, the age of man as the World Chess CHampion is at an end. Kramnik remains the human World Chess Champion - not THE WORLD CHESS CHAMPION. Personally, I think at his peak, Bobby Fischer could have crushed Fritz.

Moves
05 Dec 06

Originally posted by powershaker
Like I said, the age of man as the World Chess CHampion is at an end. Kramnik remains the human World Chess Champion - not THE WORLD CHESS CHAMPION. Personally, I think at his peak, Bobby Fischer could have crushed Fritz.
The match against Fritz was not a match for the World Championship. So Kramnik is still the World Chess Champion!

But I think he was very foolish to play the computer so soon after his match with Topalov. It's well known that the prolonged stress and mental and physical exhaustion of a big match normally takes many months to recover. Previous World Champions often didn't play for at least a year after their World Championships. Yet Kramnik was back in action against an equally formidable opponent within 2 months. Kramnik isn't even a healthy person.

So why did he do it? The only rational explanation is he did it for the money. Half a million dollars to play 6 games was just too big a temptation. I don't know whether Chessbase offered alternative dates for the match. Perhaps the match couldn't have gone ahead at any other time. If that was the case, Kramnik should have walked away from the negotiations. However Kramnik's business advisor must take a large part of the blame for putting money ahead of his client's reputation.

Hopefully this won't be the last match between a top human player and a top computer. I'm not sure that Kramnik is the right person to be representing mankind. We don't want to put all our stakes on someone who can overlook a mate in one! Deep Fritz isn't even the best engine. Currently Rybka heads all the engine rating lists.

So let's have plenty more human versus machine contests. At the moment the machines are winning, but the humans should still be able to put up a fight!

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
06 Dec 06

Originally posted by David Tebb
The match against Fritz was not a match for the World Championship. So Kramnik is still the World Chess Champion!

But I think he was very foolish to play the computer so soon after his match with Topalov. It's well known that the prolonged stress and mental and physical exhaustion of a big match normally takes many months to recover. Previous World Ch ...[text shortened]... ent the machines are winning, but the humans should still be able to put up a fight!
You go Tebb!! You should be the one representing mankind! Afterall you did whoop Kasparov.
http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1311655

🙂

b

Hainesport, NJ, USA

Moves
06 Dec 06

One unexpected result of the match: The result was actually carried on American TV news. So, all publicity must be good. Actually, i think this is the tipping point of computer chess. Computers are advancing so rapidly. In five years nobody in the world will have a chance against them. As i stated before, Kramnik, playing in his most bland, vapid style didn't come close to a threat. In the last game K tried an unbalanced position in the sicilian and Fritz ground him down gradually into a hopeless position. i don't much like the way Fritz manhandled the world champion, but i am a realist. Now the big questions is how do we stop unscrupulous, carbon-based humans from using these machines as an aid in tournaments and matches.